ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine CD changer model A42 Clio 172 year 2001

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
Model C9RN81ZC...........

Pushed in cartridge and cd's wouldnt load properly, lots of buzzing and then nothing. unit would not unload cartridge and a cd got trapped halfway into the cd player part. So I removed the unit and stripped down to get the cartridge out and then found a bit of card trapped in the mechanism below the trapped disc. Removed this and rebuilt the unit.

Push the cartridge in now and the unit loads but that it. CD doesnt rotate. The cartridge will unload OK if you press the button. Is there a switch somewhere that energises the second motor when the cartridge is lifted into position? Can the motor be checked independently?

Anyone got any ideas - brought a replacement on Ebay but the guy in Plymouth hasn't posted it - dishonest John.. :mad:.

Thought maybe I could fix mine (or buy another for £20 when I get my money back ...)