ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine HU installation problem (182)

14' Leon Cupra 280
Got this delivered this morning

http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=235...Players/Single+CD+Players/Alpine&source=brand

Wasn't going to fit it for a few weeks until components/amp/sub are fitted, but thought i'd see if there was anyway my old Dension Ipod kit would work.

I took old HU out np's, then put power to power, the black and white thick connectors only went in 1 certain place, and couldn't see anything else to be connected. However nothing seems to be working with keys in or out (heard alpine work without keys in too).

Ended up putting old in, but wondered if i've done something stupid...
cheers

any unit will work without keys in if wired correctly,so youve connected up the red and yellow power cables?

14' Leon Cupra 280
cr@p, didn't know anything about red and yellow power cables:S

Good job i'm getting someone to fit everything as i'd be on forever. What am i looking to do then, even if it may sound retarded...

look at your wiring loom,you will have a yellow and red cable,2 bits to each colour not connected,just connects them up so yellow to yellow and red to red then turn on ignition to check

172 Cup
You don't need to mess with any wires at all. The loom is already wired for ISO hence it plugs straight into the Alpine and gone are the days of buying adapters etc.

With the key turned to the first stage the head unit should work. If not the fuse in it has gone or it's fubar.

14' Leon Cupra 280
I can see yellow cable with a grey box attached to it on the HU and few red wires, but not sure where to connect them on existing wiring in the car (unless i take the yellow wire out of the black thing lol?

14' Leon Cupra 280
Ill check it 2moro again, if it doesn't work will just have to get back to bassjunkies. Had enough problems with them already, hope returns dept is better...

You don't need to mess with any wires at all. The loom is already wired for ISO hence it plugs straight into the Alpine and gone are the days of buying adapters etc.

With the key turned to the first stage the head unit should work. If not the fuse in it has gone or it's fubar.

alpine pins (bullet connectors) on the yellow and red arent connected up out of the box,you have to plug them in in order to set them up for the correct vehicle,ie vauxhall red to yellow yellow to red

think theyre thinking is if its all plugged in then you will turn round and say its not saving memory as not many people realise the wires need to be switched so doing this means that people have to look in the book

14' Leon Cupra 280
Yeh, im in no rush to fit it, but am if i need to send it back. Let me knwo 2moro bout the pics, much appreciated!

14' Leon Cupra 280
I've also got a denison ipod kit that was fitted to original HU, any ideas on how that connects to HU, or will i have to buy an alpine Ipod connector kit and sell the denison?

BMW M135i
iirc these need a direct battery feed because of the amp in them, hence the box on the constant (yellow) feed its got a fuse in it. I think its this model that needs it.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Ah, would make sense. I've built a false floor and mounted sub, got amp today, so will leave it to company i get to wire it all together, they can do that at the same time:)