ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Angel-Works Technologies & Solid-fabrications Turbo RHD s2000 collaboration

williams and trophy
good luck with this.

anything finished that usually has bens name on it is always a fabrication isnt it??? of the truth that is. ;)

honda prelude
Hello people. First post here. The manifold is pretty much done.

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

Lionel Richie
^generally when you've been welding long enough you can tell just by looking at it. you inspect to check the penetration is ok, look to see if there's any contamination (you've really fucked up if there is) a lot of it falls down to the prep work, if you look in the pictures you will see where 2 pipes meet the edges have been preped for welding, in simple terms a 45degree edge has been ground creating a "V groove" where the 2 pieces meet, which is perfect for butt welding

if you want to get uber techy, then you can get into all sorts of testing, dye penetrant, izod, xray blah blah blah, not really any need for this application

*Gets Notepad*

..I c lol Is it also true that sometimes good welds can be even stronger than the actual metal your welding?

Lionel Richie
erm a good weld will be as strong as the parent material, a way to test (off the top of my head) if my college days serve me right is called hounsfield test, which is basically a strech test, if the weld snaps you've cocked up in simple terms

another form of weld testing (this is actually a recognised form) is actually destruction testing aka smack fook out of it with a hammer!

i wouldn't say the weld will be stronger than the parent material, it will be as strong

LY 182
erm a good weld will be as strong as the parent material, a way to test (off the top of my head) if my college days serve me right is called hounsfield test, which is basically a strech test, if the weld snaps you've c**ked up in simple terms

another form of weld testing (this is actually a recognised form) is actually destruction testing aka smack fook out of it with a hammer!

i wouldn't say the weld will be stronger than the parent material, it will be as strong
the reason people say the weld is stronger than the metal you are welding,, is generally with mig welding you only heat a localised area which cools fairly quickly and it tends to make the surrounding area brittle

so the part that breaks is next to the weld