ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

GSR Lancer. .
F**k me guys.. ive just been sat at work for the past hour reading this, you've done an amazing job.. can't wait to see the finished project! :)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
because of someone like me in my £300 rust box driving like a looney lol

rubbin' is racin' ;)

as said by the man himself at 3.05

Trackday car though really isnt it. No race series have been mentioned.
so it's all fun and games. :D

yes it is, i was only messing as i know moo has told beanie it needs to be used properly and not tucked up in a garage for the rest of its life ;)

however accidents do happen on track, and if you are pushing hard enough (to find the limits of grip) you will lose it eventually! someone who doesnt spin out simply isn't trying hard enough. the thing is, as i'm sure most of you know, MOST people on track take it easy, as the car they are driving is often their only motor, and one that will cost a fair bit to replace, so i don't blame them!

there are of course the few who know that on track is the perfect time to drive beyond your limits and find exactly what the car can do :evil: without the high risk when driving on public roads

please anyone dont take this the wrong way, i am not slating steady track drivers, i have never even driven on a track day, but i have the built my clio for just that purpose, knowing that it doesnt have to get me to work the next day, and i will be driving it as such (me or my brother, you will know when he is driving as he is gifted behind the wheel!)

1.6 16v
By far the top project on a clio i ever seen, this looks better than Over'Hauling and chip foose's team work.:eek:
Absolute p**n.

Golf GTi Mk2
I are somewhat disappointed by the lack of updates in the last week, as are the masses, (see above)

Pint friday for a catch up??

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
050920081101.jpg

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Sorr about the delay fella's things went a bit arai but we'll be back on track very soon.

Northy the hub nuts were only on there so we didn't loose them, theyre now tight as we had only just fitted the brakes at that point and couldn't keep the car still while torquing them up.

James fella i'd kill for a pint but i think it'll need to wait until the following friday as i'm pennyless lol

Clio Rsi
good work men, glad to see there is still plnty of support for the mk1s!
Just a couple of questions though, how much did it cost for the dash to get flocced, cos i reckon it looks sweet. Does that mean its basically just carpetted? Also, seeing as you have the white dials but 'poor man' dash, do you have the three other white dials for the guages, cos if you do i will happily send you a few beer tokens to take em off your hands!
Good luck with the rest of the project!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Right, due to public outcry we got our asses in gear and got down the garage. LOL
First thing we did was after getting the wrong steering wheel boss from a dude off eBay, we managed to get another and get the wheel on.

200920081156.jpg

200920081157.jpg

200920081161.jpg

Rather impressed!!
We've also managed to locate some wiper blades with washer jets in them to clear up the scuttle.
So we fitted them, but they still need piping up.

200920081158.jpg

200920081159.jpg

Next thing was, after a lot of hunting around we managed to locate a pair of quarter mouldings, so we got on with fitting those.
Clipped the rear mouldings on and set about lining up the door mouldings with them and drilling the doors for all the fixings.

200920081164.jpg

200920081163.jpg

200920081165.jpg

200920081166.jpg

200920081167.jpg

200920081168.jpg

200920081169.jpg

Finally managed to clip on the door mouldings which make a vast difference to the profile of the car

200920081170.jpg

200920081172.jpg

200920081173.jpg

200920081174.jpg

Hopfully more to come tomorrow, we'll keep you posted

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
arse! I forgot - where did you say you got that steering wheel again? was it direct from renault? I remember a part number floating around but I've forgot that too!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Must have been a bit nerve wracking drilling the doors, I hate doing that sort of pernament work to bodywork!!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Well we're back but unfortunately without a vast amount of progress to report, mainly due to hangovers. We started off driving down to mum and dads and braving the spiders in the shed to retreive the door and quarter cards only to dicover the door ones were no where near big enough for the fibre glass doors.:(
So we made a greaseproof paper templates of what we need making. To show how much too small the carbon ones are we put one on our templates.

210920081183.jpg

So the carbon door cards are up for sale now
Anyway, not to discouraged we got on with fitting the quarter trims.

210920081176.jpg

210920081177.jpg

210920081178.jpg

210920081179.jpg

210920081180.jpg

These tidy up the interior vastly and it'll be good to get the door cards sorted. We'll be ordering those soon money dependent.
We aslo noticed we hadn't posted a video of it running since we got it back together so here we are.;)

th_21092008024.jpg

We've said it before but we're optimistic we should have some realy interesting stuff to post up next weekend.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Stunning! One of the best build threads i think I have read! Cant wait for the next installment.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
loving the carbon! not sure on the side strips though....If they were skinnier and in carbon :D

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
fecking love this how muchw as the carbon roof id bledy love one of them for mine the sun roof does my tree in.