ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 182 with snapped cambelt

Clio 182
Joy of joy my little 182 snapped its cambelt the car is on 35k and guess what took it out. Correct the aux belt. However after taking the thing appart it looks like the firewall has played its part. I aint got a clue what was going on here

/add pic in a minute

Clio 182
2004 it was and history of the aux belt being done at 28k previous owner must have know about its reputation

TTRS & V50
I take it the tentioners wern't replaced then ?

It worries me buying a Clio that have belts done, because people assume it's all ok. But there's been many that still f**k up. It makes me want to buy them without and have them done at a respected tuner for peice of mind, but that shouldn't be the case.

182 FF Arctic
I had mine done at Birchdown last week at 47k both belts & tensioners genuine Renault, I only bought the car a few weeks ago the guy I had it off said it doesn't need doing until 72k which I knew that wasn't the case so I got a fair chunk off the price

Age of the car? and are you saying it's only ever had the aux belt done? at 28K? I suspect it's overdue a cambelt on age (5 year interval)

Where was it done? do you have a receipt for the work? dependent on the failure being down to a failure of a belt which has a set interval for change you may have grounds to have it repaired by either the garage who worked on it or the manufacturer of the belt.

Clio 182
Nice straight vavle

Image0129.gif

the firewall

IMG_7950.gif

500 Twinair
It worries me about cambelts and aux belts on the clio sports. My aux belt was changed at 40k by a very respected tuner, and when I got the cambelts changed at 50k by another repected tuner, they said the tensioner kit was put on wrong, hence needed a complete new kit. Makes my blood boil, should of got both belts done by the last tuner.

Clio 182
I think its one of those if done properly its nothing to worry about. Its just you dont tend to find out if they have been done properly unless its too late. In most cases anyway

Clio 182
is that all it is sound deadening. Seems a bit pointless on a car like a 182. I aint going to refit it anyway

TBH I think anyone bouying a second hand renaultsport thats 5 years old or more need to allow for belts and tensioners in their budget.