ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another airbag help thread!!

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Right, passenger seat airbag has gone off due to me hitting a curb at speed! duh! Anyway just finished replacing the broken parts ie wishbone and strut and the car is running fine. Now need to sort the airbag part:

Few queries:
1. Can i buy an 'airbag ecu' second hand and just bolt it in? if not:
1a. is the next cheapest option to remove my one and send if off? if so where too?!
1b. is taking it to a renault dealer the only option?

2. The frame of the seat doesnt look bent at all so would the cheapest option be to just get the airbag part from 'cliospares' or somewhere, fitting it in and stitching up the seat?
or
2a. Just buy two new front seats.

Sorry for all the question but any advice would be brilliant, i would just go to the stealers but my local one talks shite and is overpriced.

Cheers

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
seems allright to me.

there's a few people offering that service on ebay.

the ECU is under the ashtray, four bolts hold em in i think.

Seats are easy to replace

yep not too worried about removing. Guessing once the ecu is out the car isnt drivable?

still debating whether it would be cheaper/easier to replace the airbag itself instead of getting 2 new front seats.

Astra Twintop
Its just the airbag ecu, the main one is under the bonnet.

Im sure you could still drive it.

I wouldnt fancy fiddling about with seats and airbags, when mine went it spat foam EVERYWHERE!

Ive got a spare passenger seat in my nans shed lol!