ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Clio 172 Cup track/race build.

Will do Liam, we will organise at least one to go down too. I'll book holidays to make certain.

That would be handy Fraser as my mates are bone idol, they'll come to watch but not want to get dirty. Thankfully all the races are alongside the Mini's so have some help if the needed from them too.

I'll bring the ovies so I can do both haha!!

Cup In bits
That's the race licence renewed for 2014. I'm just deciding what colour of power ranger I want to be before going to Autosport and to make a start on the wiring and piping in the next week.

Motivations high :p

172 Cup (Track)
Awesome looking build, but you need to stop buying fancy bits and get the bloody thing finished!!

Cup In bits
I just sat and re-read this thread as I'm bored. I really want a shot, does anyone want to complete it this month for a small nominal fee? ;)

Cup In bits
Hi.

If I could pay someone a grand or so to complete the last bits and know they would do them how I want then it would have been done a few months back. Unfortunately I can't trust anyone working on my cars, I would end up taking apart what whoever had done and would have wasted my money.

I can dream though.

Cup In bits
Don't worry so did I.

I hadnt planned on doing a list as they usually scare you but here is a list off the top of my head:-

Engine:

Finish cooling system with some more mikalor clamps.
Mount oil cooler and make aeroquip lines.
Make bracket, mount breather tank and make aeroquip lines.
Make up aeroquip fuel lines.
Make up aeroquip brake lines, mount tilton valve and fit brake pads.
Secure and route all those lines.
Buy and fit SPA oil pres/temp and coolant temp/volts guages.
Mount exhaust with custom centre hanger.
Mount accelerator pedal and route cable.
ITB angled spacers to fit.
Fit megane injectors once started.
Map the engine.

Body:

Fit chassis loom and ecu, changing all connectors at loom ends.
Mount battery, cut off and make up battery cables.
Mount fire extinguishers and make lines and route cables.
Mount ePAS rack, box of tricks and wire.
Space down column.
Gut steel doors as the SMRC don't allow composite.
Fit poly windows.
Fit FG door cards front and back.
Fit FG bonnet and boot and have painted.
Aerocatch both and the outer front bumper.
Fit harnesses.
Fit seats.
Cut and profile lower and top dash to clear roll cage.
Mount a dash panel for all switches, cut offs, guages etc.
Make spacers and mount CF floors.
New windscreen.
Single wiper conversion.
Potentially still going to fit the works rally style sill tubes that I have.

Suspension & driveline:

Have custom shafts made.
Relieve chassis rail for driveshafts.
Test the package locally getting everything suspension in a ball park.
Get the geo done once for reference and fit rear axle spacers and shims to suit the geo.

I could knock most of that out in a week flat out if I'm honest, its the adjustment of the wiring loom and routing of that is putting me off. Progress will definately be made next time home so that depressing pile of bits in my garage and lock up don't look so menacing.

Then I have to get it tested, sort the niggles and get my race gear before its entered in any door to door racing.