ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another "I want this but is it worth it" thread. Matched inlets.

Yet again I'm here asking probably stupid questions, last thread saved me some money and put it instead toward George @RTR for some proper brakes.

So next stupid question but need help on are these matched inlets. Are they off anyone on here operating under a different name or a cowboy claiming what they are when they're not? Or! Just A legitimate seller with genuine parts..?

It also says the throttle body is "side machined and enlarged" is this a recommended or a "wtf no stop" modification? Not a clue if I'm honest. Hence why I'm asking the pros on here again.

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331594707185

Renault Clio sport 182 port-matched & gasflowed inlet manifold

Once again any help massively appreciated. its probably a stupid thread again!

Haha true! Unfortunately Ive had an ebay addiction for a few years now.

I've seen matched inlets on Ktec website too but it's only for the lower half? Surely you need both upper and lower to be ported and matched properly/full effect?

Clio 182 - RB
Could be worth the money of having freshly painted inlets in any colour? Saves you doing it your self and cocking it up like i most probs would.

Could be worth the money of having freshly painted inlets in any colour? Saves you doing it your self and cocking it up like i most probs would.

I thought of that too, saves hassle of taking your own inlets off to be sent off to sprayed leaving etc. it's just whether the whole process of matching and enlarged throttle body is legit and done properly.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The problem is on a N/A car, one mod alone doesn't do a lot, you need everything and a propper map to really get the full performance from each upgrade...

At that point you'll have an engine in the classifieds for £2700 and everyone will laugh and think I can get a whole car for that, or 12 standard engines, or sell my car, take all the money and buy something faster..

Yeah I've read a lot that there's hardly any point looking to dump hundreds into these engines as the gains would be minimal (unless you fork out for ITBs/Turbo etc) like earlesey says, the cost for shot blasted primered and painted inlets alone could be worth the money.. Ish. Plus if it is properly port matched throughout then may be worth the full 200 price.

320d
I thought about it but I put mine on the rollers at EFI and it made 165bhp and 155lbft which is perfectly healthy for a standard engine (well has Ktec style IK and Yozza decat exhaust) and I realised there was no point in spending hundreds chasing a few bhp which will make next to no difference.

I bought a second set of wheels and R888s for track instead which make far more difference than 5bhp.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I've seen many a guy have his head worked on and I'm not talking about p**n... Perhaps it's because I'm into head gasket blowing Renault 5's, but when the heads warp, crack, get smashed by a dropped valve, all that hard work and money's gone up in smoke..

With a turbo set up, you can rebuilt the turbo, or replace parts like for like and with ease..

Just taking your head off will involve a new cambelt and set up, unless you wanna bolt £500 of head work on with the old one..

Tuned N/A cars are fuel hungry, a good turbo is actually quite efficient.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Years ago head work was all the rage on here and angel tuning? Was waxing lyrical about head work like there's no tomorrow.. It seems all that the guys mad for it have left as no one cares anymore, or got wise.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Just get a rs stamped inlet. Save yourself a fortune and keep your cash out of cowboys pockets. Got one for sale here, if interasted pm me.