ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another milestone reached.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Still going strong, but I have heard that things start to go wrong around this time, so what can I expect?
Apart from the washer jets not working, thats allready happened.
CamBelt was done a year and a half ago.

70000mileslow.gif

Clio 172
my washer bottle has cracked and mines not even done 40k yet!! £60 for a new one from renault!

My 182 is on 69k now and it has had plenty of costly bits over the past few weeks so I bloody hope 70-80k isn't the really costly period :)

f**k....

mines on 74k now. just shelled out £400 for brakes and front tyres. wonder whats next.....other than the thermostat, brake fluid / lines and arb it's getting in the next few weeks :(

M

mini-valver

It's all rumours. If you replace things when they start wearing, you'll never have a problem!

BG182®
Bought my 182 with 48,000 on the clock in Jan. Have just hit 71,000 miles and I've only had it 9 months. The more miles it does the better the engine feels!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
mines 63218 now :( bought it on 33568 or sumat like that and ive owned it since feb 2008

Ian

Focus TDCi
Mine's on 94,000. Over the past year I've spent in excess of £1200 on cambelt service, new front springs, anti-roll bar, engine mounts, ball joints, two wheel bearings and other things I can't remember. Oh and an engine (yet to be fixed, another £400 by the sound of it). Car only cost me £1300 lol. :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mine's on just under 70K and also needed 2 new drive shafts.
My washer jets are fine though.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i am in the same boat dude

just past 70k myself and going strong

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like i've been quite lucky with mine then, but then I have spent
a fair bit on modds and servicing over the last 2 & a half years since ive had it.

4 new PE2s
New windsreen (£60 excess thank god!)
Replaced all the fluids,
Cambelt service,
Goodridge lines,
Piper (GDI) Stealth SS Cat back system,
ITG Panel filter,
New pads all ronund, (twice)
New rear discs,
Matched inlets with PTFE gaskets
Rear strut brace, (because of no back seats)
Proline spings,
RS Tuner Box,
New rear boot mecanism,
Oil change every 8-10 months,
New stereo with ipod connector & stalk controls,

and thats just what I can remember!
so I think i've avoided alot of problems before they happened.

But all this was done before I lost my job:dapprove:

Last edited:
  RS Clio 172 Cup
i just touched 64k the most expensive for me was 63k, gearbox and shafts £1400 :(

Mine has just touched 93,000, and last week had new recon gearbox, clutch, flywheel, and shafts done for £955 at Leeds Transmission, which was recommeded on here.

Will be more costly after new year as i'm gonna have engine stripped down and rebuilt, new belt and dephaser replaced....Then its the tidy up period after that.
Will be worth the money though ;)

Evo 8 MR
Mines on around 63k and I've had to replace the gearbox mount, cv boot and front discs and pads in 9 months ownership and it quite often sees 6k rpm, still purrs like a kitten.