ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another plasti dipped clio

clio expression
So boredom and nice weather yeterday resulted in me plastidipping the clio!
Its a 2002 1.2 and was just plain boring!
Ive had it around 6 months and have made small mods over the time, mainly 172 alloys and the sport interior just to make it a nicer place to be.

Lately i have been collecting some sport bumpers and wings but didnt like what i was being quoted for colour coding them nv713, so looked down the plasti dip route, all in costing around £160!

I know it wont be to everyones taste but it can be removed and will be when i put it back to standard to sell on once i have the funds for a sport :smile:
Pics are how it stood after the final coat yesterday and before tidying up around the windows etc.

Critisism more than welcome!

20150408_114127.jpg
20150408_164623.jpg
20150408_164635.jpg
20150408_164645.jpg

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
not bad. gave it a new lease of life.

Word of warning though. If you dont do 8 coats you will regret it when its time for removal.

clio expression
not bad. gave it a new lease of life.

Word of warning though. If you dont do 8 coats you will regret it when its time for removal.
Thanks mate, use 2 large tubs until i ran out as advised, have probably 9-10 all over

clio expression
It doesn't look 5hit... i wouldnt go slapping it over a mint car, but that's come up well..
Thanks mate, totally agree but on a 100000 mile 1.2 its actually covered up the scratches very well, and there were many more than i would have liked!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks good actually. Well done. Looks better than some efforts we've seen.
Get some better pictures up!

I was coming on this thread thinking "time to sell the Clio, idiots have started plastidipping them" & yes I know people have done them before.

But I retract that! It looks like you did a good job, actually like it :)

clio expression
Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate any feedback. Will get some better pics up soon

I was toying with the idea of the surrounds but the colour is rather bright so wanted some contrast.
thanks @dmallett, ive seen and read some horror stories when researching so knew what to look out for and how to get the best finish and was pleasantly surprised at how it came out myself!
Will keep this thread updated with any issues i find during its life on the car

clio expression
@iimushroomzii varies on care to be honest, but ive been told its good for a year or 2 if cared for properly. stone chips etc are touched up very easily aswell.
At £160 a pop and a few hours time ill probably peel it after 6 months and change the colour if im honest

clio expression
Soon got bored of the plastidip peeling around the windows so decided to peel it off. Great fun i must say, peeled panel by panel and it was back to before within in the hour. Once it was off i gave it a good polish and fitted the xenons that i won for £45 posted on ebay!

20150517_162922.jpg

The arch gap can be seen in the above photo, which was the next thing to sort.
20150531_210731.jpg
20150601_201049.jpg

Dropped 40mm on apex springs, next up is spacers to fill out the arches more, then just enjoy it for what it is.