ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Ring report

E90
Saturday 28th.

I'd planned on dragging my lazy ass out of bed at 10am, and setting off at 11ish, but the excitment and Antisipation juice was flowing, so I was wide awake at 7. I'd prepped the car on friday night and loaded in what I needed, The previous week, I'd removed everything that wasn't stuck or welded down.
I paced around for an hour orso, and when i'd realised that sat watching the NHL playoffs on American cable telly, whilst scratching ones testicles was non productive, I decided to crack on for germany, and go sit watch the VLN, before my pre arranged Date with the dreamboat that is Karl. Set off.

Got onto the A61, Bang, traffic

DSCF0178.jpg

and just after i'd spent the best part of an hour melting in a non air conditioned , s.hit box, with a transmission tunnel you could fry an egg on, I hit another one, Mucho cursing later and after 3 and a half hours I made it (normally takes less than one and a half)

As I came past brunnchen, the amount of people was amazing, the car park stuffed full, and the two adjacent fields over the road, over flowing too. I carried onto PF1 where there was just about as many people, and watched the VLN through a see of german heads, all steadily getting lampooned on various cheap beers, whilst firing up BBQ's.

DSCF0181.jpg

After about 20 mins I decided to call the rest of my notoriously late and lost party, to see how far from berlin they currently were, to my surprise they were actually heading in the right direction, But Paul in the Elise, had been nabbed by a car of Belgian facists, and marched off to the station, to pay the rather silly fine of 50 euros, for proppelling his carriage above the permitted limit. For this and other "mincing" reasons they were still a good hour or two away from Adenau

I was bored, a quick walk up the line, casting one eye on the VLN boys and another on various bits of ass (female) that were lining the track, and I decided it was time to head into Adenau. Jon R had lost his halfords chav sunstrip, after about 5 mins on the motorway, so he asked if I could find one, i decided to mooch into Adenau for a look. Shops closed , set of Part time bstards, after a 40 min walk from the bed shop into the middle.

I came back to the Pub to meet Karl, sat outside diet coke in hand, 20 minutes fashionably late, Sir karl of Adenau arrived, looking resplendant in his shorts and flip flops. We retired inside for a beer, where I was asked " Are you Weeman" I replied accordingly, and the laughter could be heard at Breidscheid above the wail of gt3's. It appeared the previous evening, they had been entertained with the " tale of the stupid northern monkey, and the quest of the e30 petrol cap" They were then treated to a repeat performance as karl informed a young canadian of the story again. (i'd asked for help removing the petrol cap on the beemer on the forum, and it turned out I wasn't turning it the right way :D)

Eventually the convoy of lateness arrived, and Sir karls good lady too, and we walked upto Wierschiefen to watch the F1 circus. After a good 30 mins of watching grass grow, the glorified go kart arrived, and although it pains me to say it, was actually a pretty awesome spectacle. I retired to the pub for another, before leaving for the guest house and the quest to fit my seats...............................

Last edited:
  E90
Arrived at the guest house

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

With the Help of TBR Tom and Chris172cup, we set about trying to fit the OMP seats that JOn R had brought accross in the touring car.

There was some concern, pre trip about there fitting, and following a call to OMP in Italian (thanks toms missus) and one to rallynuts, we were assured that the subframes purchased would fit fine, Good news they did, Bad news, they were so (Oops I said the F word)ing high, they almost touched the roof. After lots of fiddling, and re arranging of bits, infact 4 hours worth of fiddling, It was agreed they weren't going in. I called my missus at 11pm and arranged to have her and her brother bring the other Std seat the following day. Chris put a couple of the Vinlys on, whilst Jon R attempted to BBQ sausages over something that resembled a lit box of swan vestas. We bravely risked food poisoning and ate a selection of assorted meats, which now in the darkness could not really be assertained as pork or beef.

We retired upstairs for a spot of Wii bowling, I won, we went to sleep, with the usual barrage of farts and chuckling that one gets when 5 dudes kip in the same room.

Sunday 29th

Up early for a spot of breakfast and onto the ring for opening, In a word manic!!!! Car park was allready jam packed, including the over flow on the other side of the road, went out for a quick one on arrival to see how the BMW went.
had arranged to meet the young canadian Karl had been grooming, to get him a lap or two, i couldn't take him due to the lack of seats, But Jon R took him for his first ever lap. he got back from that and promtly blagged a lap in a CSR Caterham, jammy bugger, I left him asking a guy for Caterham if he could work there for free on weekends

photo67.jpg

Was surprised by the car, despite resembling the bstard love child of a top fuel dragster and a Massey Ferguson, it handled amazingly, Uber high Toyo proxes held up well, and it only struggled on some of the uphill sections, Out of Ex muhle, kesselchen, Steilestreike and the run to Hohe acht.

Got back in with a big grin on my face, two missed calls, missus had arrived. 5 mins later, seats was in, and she was reluctantly strapped in for a lap. Took it fairly easy again, but it didn't stop her grabbing for the dash board, and screaming occasionally, popped it out of the mini karusel early, and realised it stepped sideways slightly, Must keep this in mind for later.

Popped off to Hatzenbach to watch for a while, then went to the Ringhaus for some lunch.

decided to go for another lap in the afternoon, with the idea being to follow Jon R out for parade(ish) lap. NO Chance, traffic backed up to the ringhaus just about, I got out and walked to get the bmw, by the time I'd got the car done a lap, queued to get off track, and out of the car park, and got back to hatzenbach an hour and 45 minutes had passed, and my missus was slighty concerned.

Watched for a bit longer, decided not to take the bmw out again, But I passengered for my G/f's brother, to try and calm him down, after he had tried to kill Me, Jon R and Chris 172 cup at Wipperman last year, in a 20 yr old Audi. he listened, and took it nice and steady, thankfully. Retired to the guest house, fired the wii up, had a bitburger or 6, decided Tom TBR would be designated driver in my golf, and left for the PK.

Steak on a stone, more beer, said Hi to Al, Told Al it was tradition to turn Garys picture over, but never checked to see if he had :lol:

PK.jpg

More wii, beers and bed.

Last edited:
  E90
Monday 30th

Woke up, to the usual stench of room full of man, My missus had decided to pop out and use the bathroom, her face upon return was a picture, as she opened the door to come back into a wall of stale beer and farts :lol: I had explained that like curryworst and fries, its all just part of that ring experience, she wasn't buying that, and promtly called me a "t.wat"

Left for the ring early, to everyones surprise it was uber quiet, and it stayed that way all day, plenty of room in the car park, hardly any powerrangers, and not that many newbie brits, In Burberry coloured Subarus.

Time to take the missus out!!!! I'd left the rifle at home, so I settled to take her round again, in the bmw. This remember is the good lady that had proclaimed after a 9m lap in the golf that " it wasn't that fast was it" payback time.
I still went steady, on the faster sections to get used to how the car changed direction at speed, but I tried my best to keep the car on its limits wherever I could. Rolling up to the mini karusel, i remembered yesterdays excursion, I popped it out even earlier than before, and it resulted in a perfectly controllable sideways step, She actually marked the plastic with her nails, as she'd grabbed for the dash, I laughed, then laughed some more, applied some lock and carried on before she again proclaimed i was a "t.wat" so I stopped laughing.

Took Tom and Chris out, and they were both fairly impressed by how it went

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

1.jpg

Ended up doing 7 or 8 laps, as did most of us, The missus left, after we'd popped to watch from Bergwerk.

Guest house, Beer, wii, Pizza shop, beer, wii, Bed.

E90
wake up earlyish again, when the room of dudes next door, decides 6am is perfectly acceptable time to wake up when on holiday!!!

View from the garage, Jon's Touring car

DSCF0203.jpg

Arrived at the track expecting a few more visitors due to the German holiday, but again it was quiet.
As I was leaving today, I decided to have a lap with Rich in the elise who had been going well all weekend. Great lap, i really need one of these cars.

070501m30-tou-0184.jpg

As I came in from the car park, i spotted a chap I knew, although I wasn't a hundred percent sure, so i thought I'd find him later......

Met up with Al again, who was just about to set off home, Al showed us, the efforts of his weekends work, which included one of them right back to the backing plate, Hero. :thumb: :thumb:

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0214.jpg

I popped out for a lap in Chris cup, and despite fudging a gear change and clipping the kerb a little on the drop into Pf1, had a great and steady lap, in a fantastic car :D

http://images.mw-sportfoto.de/2007/touri/0...30-tou-0659.jpg

Al offered me a lap in the Mazda, I accepted and what followed was amazing, i dont think I've ever laughed as much in my life, they way that "mobile tarts palace" goes round corners is purely breath taking, I dont think I will ever travel around both karusel and its mini brother as fast again, LOL Thanks Al, fantastic. :D :lol:

I took Al out in the Bmw to repay the favour and had a nice steady lap, although I fudged the odd line here and there.

So far this weekend I hadn't been out in Jons Primera DRT, I strapped myself in, and off we went, great car, runs out of steam like mine, But in Jons hands goes round corners at silly speeds. lap topped off, by Jon Barreling it into brunnchen, sideways with handful of opposite lock, and a round of applause from the gathered watchers :lol:

070501m30-tou-0071.jpg

I had another lap with jon later on in the day .

back in the car park, i explained I thought I'd seen a celebrity face, and Tom confirmed he'd seen him too. " yeah that dude from Wheeler dealers" We popped off to track him down. It turned out to be mazdas attempt at breaking a 2L prod car record, of 8,36 I think, they were going well all day with a handful of MPS mazda 3's, but not sure if they were successful or not.
Throughly nice chap, asked us what we were driving and doing there, and wished us a safe and nice trip, Top Bloke all in all.

DSCF0215.jpg

It was almost time to leave for me, and after a spot of watching from wipperman, i said my goodbyes to the guys and went home, slightly sad, I had to leave.

DSCF0224.jpg

before I left I had to go, the moment beautifully caught by Chris172 :lol:

weewee.jpg

An amazing weekend, one of the best ones ever, complete with great nights out, wonderful people, and moments of group gay picture taking in the dark, which will never be forgotten :lol: Thanks to everyone I met, and everyone on the trip, roll on the next one...............

DSCF0200.jpg

The End.

Lee

BMW M2C
Nice write up Weeman.

When I met Mike Brewer on Driven he was a really nice bloke. Spent the entire day chatting to people, unlike Plato and Penny Mallory.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
He was swearing and smoking like a trooper.

Clarkson was more chatty.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They were trying to break the production hatch record or something

172, Tiguan
Yep! Used to be held by the Focus ST iirc and they beat it by a fair margin. The drivers hadn't even been to the Ring before aparently - and it showed, they appeared to be taking the GT4 line in some places! However the 240bhp they have certainly pulled them up the hills!

Shows you what rubbish goes on about times though. Times mentioned on here in the past would've held the 2.0l production car lap record! :D ;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
amusing as ever from weeman.

Not long till i go and all these reports are doing my nut in. lol