ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a Mk3 Diesel?

Went to look at a Clio Mk3 (59 Plate) 1.5dci GT 106bhp for the sister tonight and was very impressed but there was one slight thing I'm unsure on

Turned the ignition on (but not started the car) and all lights went out besides the 'Toxic Fume Warning Light', which would stay on continuously

However once you started the engine, it went straight out

Had a look in the manual and it says : "For vehicles equipped with this option, the light comes on when the ignition is switched on then goes out. If it light up continuously contact your RENAULT Dealer as soon as possible, If it flashes, reduce the engine speed until the light stops flashing."

Decided to walk away and do some research on it, but struggling to find anything on it

Thoughts people?

Or even better does someone have a Mk3 Diesel they could try and let me know if it's normal?

Many Thanks

James

Clio 200 Raider
My mrs has this exact model we have had the car over 6 months now and no issues. Aslong as it goes off after the car is started it shoukd be ok?

Our light always goes out once car started

My mrs has this exact model we have had the car over 6 months now and no issues. Aslong as it goes off after the car is started it shoukd be ok?

Our light always goes out once car started

Thanks for that!

And it stays on if you leave the ignition on but the car not started? (So key turned so all the lights, radio comes on but engine not running)

Thanks!

@Martin_172
@glenn_adam_doble

Sorry to tag you both, but knew you had one in the past, and thought you may know

Also, does anyone know what is classed as optional extras on the Clio GT? (Or not standard)

From what I've found out there's climate control, traction control switch, sunroof?, anything else?

Many Thanks

James

Clio 200 Raider
Thanks for that!

And it stays on if you leave the ignition on but the car not started? (So key turned so all the lights, radio comes on but engine not running)

Thanks!

Yep exactly as you describe mate, mine is 56 plate though so i think pre-face lift to the one your quoting but should be the same.

Clio 200 Raider
I assume its normal as never had and issue with it and the light goes out as normal once engine on

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
That is for cars with diesel particle filters, mine was a 60 plate and didnt have one as far as im aware it wasnt until the mk4 that the clio got them! U never know with Renault tho! If the light isnt on when engine is running then dont worry!

Options were esp, climate control, bluetooth stereo, sat nav, panoramic glass roof.

Cruise control was standard along with cornering lights

Cheers Martin, it's not the Particle Filter, as it's a different light

It's this one here :
image.jpg

The DPF is this one in the bottom right :
image.jpg

Also, when starting yours - did it shake on startup and turning it off? Judt for a second or two

Many Thanks!

James

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Isn't that just the U.S. Market?
It's referred to as an engine management light in my manual I'm sure.

Pretty sure mine stays lit till the engine is started.

Isn't that just the U.S. Market?
It's referred to as an engine management light in my manual I'm sure.

Pretty sure mine stays lit till the engine is started.
I don't know, it was in the manual with the Clio that I looked at

I always refer to it as the Engine Management Light, but when I looked in there it said Toxic Fume Filter...so don't know?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't know, it was in the manual with the Clio that I looked at

I always refer to it as the Engine Management Light, but when I looked in there it said Toxic Fume Filter...so don't know?

Will have to take a look. I know because of California and the hippies, their emissions are quite harsh, but I've not heard of anything like that in the UK cars.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah that's just the eml then, nothing to worry about, it lists it as the "toxic fume warning light" but that's obviously just for petrols with a cat/lambda

on yours its used to highlight issues with EGR valve among others, as long as it goes out when the engine starts then that's fine, its the same on all clios

I don't remember mine shaking on start up or shut down but then it was brand new, my old dci 80 does this, its just play in the engine mounts

Quite a few optional extras,

Folding/heated mirrors, sat nav, Bluetooth, sunroof, keyless entry and start, digital climate control, I've got a list on my GT thread, mine had every box ticked iirc still got it just can't remember what's a option and what's not anymore lol