ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone looking for a 182 Trophy?

3 MPS, MX5
Heads up for anyone looking for a 55 plate Trophy with 18803 miles on the clock.

Its going through BCA Nottingham on Wednesday 16th August (this Wednesday)

It books at £8700 if its straight and tidy. There will be a buyers premium on top though, can't remember how much as its based on hammer price but I'm pretty sure it'll be less than £300.

Ad

MK2 FRS
there will be a few dealers bidding on that.. mileage is a little high...

good opportunity for someone.

172 cup
i may have seen this a while ago and they put the sale back twice, im guessing it didnt make reserve or there could be some other issue

3 MPS, MX5
RegistrationLX55URM
Registered17-09-2005
ColourRED
Mileage18,803
Equipment
LocationNottingham

Thats the only info on it.

LX55URM_1.jpg

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
jiminy said:
i may have seen this a while ago and they put the sale back twice, im guessing it didnt make reserve or there could be some other issue

£10.5...........reserve.

Ad

MK2 FRS
g40steve said:
£10.5...........reserve.

10.5 reserve..... its only worth slight more than that retail...:eek:

need to keep track because they will need to drop that reserve at some point as it wont sell with that.

X-172 Cup
18ME said:
Heads up for anyone looking for a 55 plate Trophy with 18803 miles on the clock.

Its going through BCA Nottingham on Wednesday 16th August (this Wednesday)

It books at £8700 if its straight and tidy. There will be a buyers premium on top though, can't remember how much as its based on hammer price but I'm pretty sure it'll be less than £300.

CAP book is out for me on these m8 - I was @ BCA Nottingham a couple of weeks ago for Clios & the BMW sale, everything went through above Glass's bottom book which is higher than CAP, these don't go through auction very often - in fact it's the first one I have seen go though BCA/Direct - this will go for well over 9k imho...

There's a 04/53 Cup going through Blackbushe on the 23rd
View attachment 11019

36k - bottom book (glass's 6405 / cap 6150) - becasue it's a Cup it will probably go for a little under six, unless someones got a buyer for it, Cups losing £200 a month so far this year...(one of the reasons why I sold mine)

There's also a lovely Williams 3 going through Enfield today 18 stamps in the book, 128k N reg for about a grand, I was going to go down for this, it may fetch more...

View attachment 11020

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
CAP is very useful for dealers as it really undervalues cars....

my mate paid 10.4k for his 55reg trophy with 7k on the clock. now that was trade through Arnold Clark with them making a few hundred quid on it. They had it on the forcourt for 11288.

So that reserve of 10.5k with 18k on the clock cannot be justified and it will not sell for that money as 18k is relatively high for a trophy.

X-172 Cup
^
Agree, it just pi**es me off when I'm try to get a car and some punter is pushing the price up becasue he has a Glass's guide...

Ad

MK2 FRS
stokecitypottermouse said:
^
Agree, it just pi**es me off when I'm try to get a car and some punter is pushing the price up becasue he has a Glass's guide...

aye... its difficult, especially on limited edition stuff.... as the values can be all over the place.

Glasses valued my GTi Anii at 10k-retail!!! I defy anyone to find one with 30k on the clock privately for that even now. Sold privately for 11k and 30 phonecalls.. so its really about knowing value, and the trophy prices have dropped 1k in last few months.

There is quite a big difference on retail and private on cups for some reason. Meggy 225s are the same. didnt get a sniff at 12k in the two weeks in trader.. sold for 14k on the dealer forcourt in 3weeks.:S

The plate is very similar to the CATD stolen recovered (with some damage) trophy iirc that was ebay.

X-172 Cup
strange to see a Trophy at the auction...quality retail imho on 90% of forecourts surely? I'm tempted to enquire but I'd better get btw...delboy out :D

Adam you are spot on with the Golf Anniversary mate - a classic example of where the trade 'guides' are way off the mark, demand is higher than supply on these so the prices just won't drop...I think this may happen to the Trophy???

Last edited:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
adtmits said:
CAP is very useful for dealers as it really undervalues cars....

my mate paid 10.4k for his 55reg trophy with 7k on the clock. now that was trade through Arnold Clark with them making a few hundred quid on it. They had it on the forcourt for 11288.

How did he fall on that????????????

Any answers??? stokecitypottermouse.

X-172 Cup
the trade moves in mysterious ways:S
If you know people in the trade, especially the bigger dealerships they will get rid of cars at daft money simply becasue they don't have enogh room on the forecourt...they have made their money on the car they want rid of which will be a PX, last year (November IIRC) I was offered a 2003 Mini Cooper S for £8500 (which was a grand under bottom book Glass's) but didn't have the money at the time...the dealer just didn't have the room for it

Adam is spot on with what he said about the Golf Anniversary, the 'guides' are well off on these becasue demand is higher than supply and that is keeping the prices up.

Ad

MK2 FRS
g40steve said:
How did he fall on that????????????

Any answers??? stokecitypottermouse.

he works for AC, but even at 11288 with only 1 owner that was a steal 4 weeks.

Tis like the 172 cup, was a cheaper version when retailed, not limited and will be less on resale, does not take an actuary.

Ad

MK2 FRS
blaze said:
Tis like the 172 cup, was a cheaper version when retailed, not limited and will be less on resale, does not take an actuary.

think im missing your point... the trophy is like the 172 cup????

Clio Cup
Looking at getting a trophy (reg "YK55 ORF") on ebay, has anyone viewed it? I know it has been listed a few times, so someone must have viewed it from the forums.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Richy123 said:
Looking at getting a trophy (reg "YK55 ORF") on ebay, has anyone viewed it? I know it has been listed a few times, so someone must have viewed it from the forums.

Is it you bidding on all the trophy's???????????

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
18ME said:
RegistrationLX55URM
Registered17-09-2005
ColourRED
Mileage18,803
Equipment
LocationNottingham

Thats the only info on it.

LX55URM_1.jpg

Didn't sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-172 Cup
I asked @ BCA and they won't tell you the highest bid or the sold price (when they sell) - which is fair enough

Ad

MK2 FRS
stokecitypottermouse said:
I asked @ BCA and they won't tell you the highest bid or the sold price (when they sell) - which is fair enough

dunno why really as all the people at the auction know what it reached so it isnt exatly top secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze

Ad said:
think im missing your point... the trophy is like the 172 cup????

I think what he means is as a 172 cost less in the first place than a normal 172 the prices on it will be lower than the normal version.;)
- I hate that full fat expalination on here,so I don't use it.