ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone running a stud conversion and spacers???

172 track car+ rs200
Is anyone running a stud conversion with spacers front or rear.
Obviously they would need to be the "through bolt type" spacer, not "bolt on", presumably hub centric??
Im asking as I would like studs but would also like to fill my arches a bit more.
Regards joe cross

I do Joe and so do quite a few of the racing clio's, you can either use bolt to hub spacer's and then fit the stud's to the spacer or just use long studs and then put the spacer's over :) I use the pure motorsport kit and while it's expensive its very good!

172 track car+ rs200
what sizes you running James? hubcentric i assume? i have also seen the pure motorsport stud kit. looks well like all of their gear. joe

Run 15mm on the fronts when using wet tyres mate but going to get a set of 5mm and 10mm for the drys too I think! Yes they do great kit :) The only bit i'm not 100% with is the shims for the rear beam!

BIGASH, is that rear camber shims with spacers?

I have a set of 16mm spacers to go on and a set of rear camber shims 1+ degree, do you think that would be to much?

OP soz for thread highjack

Sorry mate I didn't mean that, I'm just not a fan of the design they use for their shim's. The other set of shims I have from an old cup racer have a hole in the middle. I just find that the PMS one's don't fit flat against the face's of the stub/beam because they are just sheet material and don't have the hole to meet up with the middle of the stub which are slightly raised on most of the stub's I have. The easy solution is to machine the back of the stub but at the rate I go through stub axles I don't fancy getting them all machined :)

RS2'd Trophy
I run the eibach shims on mine. There is a hole on those.

I also run a stud conversion with hubcentric spacers. 20mm front and 15mm rears.

172 track car+ rs200
Thanks for the info guys, i was thinking 20 front 15 rear, im going to have a look around for stud kits, or i will just put on together myself