ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with AOL if so read this !!!

Read this on a forum re AOL

"If you are an existing customer and you phone up to request a MAC, say you wish to switch ISP, they will start to offer you various incentives to keep you with them, one of the offers they offer you is the platinum service for £9.99 but I think you also have to sign another 12 months contract."

So I rang AOL yesterday asked for MAC code they asked why I said having problems with the usb modem so going to Sky as they are cheaper and will give me a free modem, they said we will match Sky's price and send a new modem. told my mate he did the same tonight and they offered the same deal.

Was paying £29.99 :S now £9.99 and getting new Netgear modem, cheers :D

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Ah right, its not a bad modem, but not one that would convince me to go with AOL.

Ah right, its not a bad modem, but not one that would convince me to go with AOL.

I agree but been with them for years dont use their software now, I get quite good speed 6 > 7 meg, connection has been reliable, no dowload limits + saving £20 every month so will stick with it.