ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 0% financing....

Well I am hoping it happens in December, Im on about getting the 5S and also new iPad Air, I can afford it outright but as above car insurance is due on 2 cars.

I would get the 5S within a contract but all the contracts Ive seen are £57+ per month and 12 months with a £250 handset cost which is £934 for the year.
But buy the handset from Apple at £549 with a contract from Three or Tesco at £15 p/m and unlimited mins texts and data, it comes to £729, saving £205... Half an iPad.

That's an interesting one. Are iPhones covered under this scheme? Could be a good way to buy in the future (not for me but a friend).

This has probably been covered already but I'm lazy and can't be assed with looking through the thread - can you use student discount with the 0% finance deal?

ITB BG 182
That's an interesting one. Are iPhone's covered under this scheme? Could be a good way to buy in the future (not for me but a friend).
Anything over £300, I did ask if I could do it on just the iPhone with no contract, the gal hummed an arr'd about it. I said then that I would be getting the new iPad air with it aswell but paying £500 deposit and she said I would be able to do it then.

RS 200
Just tried to place a 'hypothetical' order through the student discount store, but was faced with:

[h=3]"Sorry, you can only access the Apple Store for Higher Education when connected to your university's network.[/h]You can still order when you are off-campus by calling 0800 072 1154 to speak to one of our Mac Experts.
You can return to the Apple Online Store by clicking here:"

:S?

AK

M240i
To get student discount you have to order from within the campus network. There's a link somewhere that works, I used it before.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I just got an email about this Friday? Sale. Can't imagine it being much cheaper than education discount

I thought iPhones weren't included on the 0% deal in the past? Or not on the student discount thing. One of the two. Possibly neither.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone hook a brother up with a link to the Surrey University student discount link thing please?

My MBP is happening.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Cool so you can get 0% finance on student stuff too. Thats fun!!

Going to go for this i think an I'll upgrade the RAM myself for much. much less.

Any suggestions.

ScreenShot2013-12-02at132002_zpsd57e5557.gif

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
That's good!

I thought the RAM was soldered on to the MOBO in the newer macs?

Apple care should be free

You are indeed right. That Apple care I selected was for extended phone support for two extra years.

Normal Apple care which covers all hardware and replacements is free of charge for 3 years.

£130 is steep but it doesn't look like there's any other way round it! I'd go for it myself just for the sake of future proofing.

ITB BG 182
Just ordered the new iphone 5S and new ipad air both with 32gb on... Comes in 3 weeks, early chrimbo present I thinks? Just that I have an iPhone 5 with its Lunatik extreme case for sale now.

Plus I now have to get a new Lunatik case for the 5S when it arrives and bang it straight in. Its best way to keep the phone in top top condiction! No marks, scuffs, scratches nothing. Like brand new!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Come again?

When you get tracking information from Apple, let me know what that information is.

As I said, I know it's an odd request. As you've not ordered anything that is CTO / BTO, it will either come from somewhere in Europe, or direct from the Far East.

I'm curious.

DB.

BMW 440i
I thought they delivered from Ireland. That's where my iMac came from iirc, that was 2 years ago though now.

ITB BG 182
When you get tracking information from Apple, let me know what that information is.

As I said, I know it's an odd request. As you've not ordered anything that is CTO / BTO, it will either come from somewhere in Europe, or direct from the Far East.

I'm curious.

That sounds like to me "Tell me your tracking ID so I can change it and you'll accidentally lose it" You might not mean it that way, it sure as hell sounds like that though!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I thought they delivered from Ireland. That's where my iMac came from iirc, that was 2 years ago though now.

Depends on the product.

I shall state categorically I don't want your tracking number, and don't want anything before it arrives in your hands.

I'm just curious about the steps taken in the delivery process.