ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are all clio owners chavs or what? NO1 can HELP!

I think most clio forum users are more interested in neon lights, bass and angel eyes and not the actual mechanics of the car.

Posted this on a few different forums, no one seems to know.

Anyway, hopefully someone here can prove me wrong.

My mk1 1.8 16v clio has had a leaking water pump.

I took off the pulley and aux belt.
removed all the water pump bolts except 3.
The remaining 3 are in the most awkward place ever. the power steering bracket is hiding them.

Can i remove the bracket? and if so...HOW?

Surley someone in CLIOSPORT has changed a waterpump before and can give me a bit of direction.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
sorry i only know how to connect up lexus lights.... init

tiTTy & SV650
id have thought f7power would be the best place to ask or williamsclio but there's a fair few valver owners here, surely one of them will be able to help.

VaVa
There are people on here who could change a water pump in thier sleep. Ever thought that it might be the way you as the question the results in you not getting replies? lol.

nd if all Clio ownrz r chavs den dat meks u 1 2. Innit.

Buy a haynes manual. Step by step instructions with pictures will be much more helpful then anyone on a forum can ever be.

To be honest there are not many people who will be arsed to right an essay out on a forum to describe how to do something like this.

PS I dont know the answer because I own a clio and am therefore a chav.

not tryin to insult any1 and fair comments from you all, completley understand but does anyone know anything about it?
i've searched and posted on almost every clio/renault forum and cant get a reply.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
lol ive evaer neen any1 post about neons?:S even if they did i bet they got slated for it, so haynes manual is probs your best bet now lol

a while ago i had next to no knowledge about cars, ive since put a 1.8 16v engine into my 1.4 clio using a haynes manual. i have alot of respect for haynes, they just leave bits out at times.

-KARL- looks like you only joined in jan, i think you may of missed the "NEON CRAZE" of 2003/4. Must admit its died down abit since then

To remove the power steering pump bolts whip the radiator out as its easier to get to em. Theres about 8 bolts altogeher. Theres 4 or 5 that hold the top half of the power steering braket on. You'll also need to remove the alternator support bracket on.

I'll get pics of my engine tomorrow as its easily visible at the minute.

Matt

172 Cup
baddasschris said:
-KARL- looks like you only joined in jan, i think you may of missed the "NEON CRAZE" of 2003/4. Must admit its died down abit since then

What Neon craze was this? I can't recall anything bust mostly criticism for neons and certainly no "craze"?

driving round birmingham on a night you could see nothing but neon lights on corsa's etc.

Great for when you needed a good laugh, all these fast & furious micro machines.

Could of been a local thing except i know manchester was the same

172 Cup
baddasschris said:
driving round birmingham on a night you could see nothing but neon lights on corsa's etc.

Great for when you needed a good laugh, all these fast & furious micro machines.

Could of been a local thing except i know manchester was the same

I thought you meant a neon craze amongst Cliosport members lol

I live in Walsall and we have our fair share of glowing sheds on the road.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
but ama bovered?

cos shell said that all dem clio fing owners or chavs, but dun listen to her cos she let wayne finger her in the deep end.

I am afraid sir i am completely unaware of said water pump removal

Valver
baddasschris said:
ive got a haynes manual, it says "unscrew the bolts"
Lol seems to be a common haynes comment when they have no idea how to remove the part... they just say something like "To remove the engine simply undo the bolts and lift out the car" hmmm....

E36 M3. 182
Must say, just spent a whole day tryin to get a downpipe/cat out of my '00 Rsi without dropping the subframe, because haynes omitted this fairly critical piece of info. D'oh!