ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are dCi's really this good on fuel??

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Did a trip from Nuneaton to hull today, 130miles or so in total, 80mph no cruise control.

How the hell has it done 130miles on a digit and a tinny bit?

uqu2urah.jpg

Nearly every other dCi I've driven doesn't even do that lol

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ive had nearly 700miles out of the mrs dci 86 before, 55 litre tank. She averages 550-600miles per tank.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Ive had nearly 700miles out of the mrs dci 86 before, 55 litre tank. She averages 550-600miles per tank.

It's still not bad, comical to say the least when my mums little 1.3cdti corsa cannot even do that to the gallon

Yep the bloody German barge!

That's why I'm getting the 172 back on the road in the next week or so! The miles i do it's daft running around in it.

Irrcc the 172 will do 350-400 to a tank

excellent MPG..

but does the fuel gauge drop uniformly or does it drop faster lower down?

Goes down uniformly until the last two digits then it just drops like a lead weight.
Although I've never ran it into the red as I know what it does the the fuel pumps on these.

I'm don't 500 miles and still going on my tank of fuel in the 100 bro

Lol I can get it to go stupidly low if I ragg it around abit...

I do about 150 miles in my DCI 100, and usually takes about 2 of the electronic bars. If thats a DCi 80, it seems feasible!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They're good on fuel yes but thats because it takes 2 days planning and preparation to overtake something in the dCi '65... slow as fek

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
They're good on fuel yes but thats because it takes 2 days planning and preparation to overtake something in the dCi '65... slow as fek

The 80's don't have that problem. Foot down and goodbye 65 ;)

I have to laugh at the big difference a 65 is to an 80 considering its just a map , injectors and a inter cooler

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just done 500 mile trip back from Scotland, not driven with mpg in mind at all and get 55mpg, surely a 65bhp DCI is seriously slow?

My Leon does 30mpg at 120ish, and as disel is only 85p a litre for me in Germany, that's winning.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The 80's don't have that problem. Foot down and goodbye 65 ;)

I have to laugh at the big difference a 65 is to an 80 considering its just a map , injectors and a inter cooler

Drive a Megane II with the dCi'80 and then say that. I had one for two months and promptly got rid as no heroic MPG is worth catching a cold faster for.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Drive a Megane II with the dCi'80 and then say that. I had one for two months and promptly got rid as no heroic MPG is worth catching a cold faster for.

Lol bit of a weight difference. At the end of the day, they're mile munchers not pocket rockets

I'm just happy it's saving me money in the long run on fuel/tax/insurance so I can have a better car later on

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Just done 500 mile trip back from Scotland, not driven with mpg in mind at all and get 55mpg, surely a 65bhp DCI is seriously slow?

My Leon does 30mpg at 120ish, and as disel is only 85p a litre for me in Germany, that's winning.

Yeah the 65's have no guts at all, boggo standard engine Asfars as anyone will say.
My old man had one and it took forever to get past 100mph unless down hill lol

30mpg ain't bad going for 120mph !

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the 1.2 16v seems to have been revised though we have just bought a brand new twingo 1.2 16v and over the last 1500 miles its averaged 58.5mpg!!! £30 roadtax now too! s**t slow compaired to a dci80 though.

im on the look out for a 5 door dci80/100 initale

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If people had brains, the dci would be a first choice over 1.2 16v's

Not really - we have a 1.2 16v tCe which does 43-45mpg around town and sat crawling through city traffic. Your dCi would be around the same in start stop traffic to but the fuel costs more not to mention when things go wrong on a diesel they empty your bank account with it. Diesel owners are also dirty b******s at the pumps... pump handles are always (somehow) covered in fuel.

Honestly, give me a petrol any day over dugger.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Not really - we have a 1.2 16v tCe which does 43-45mpg around town and sat crawling through city traffic. Your dCi would be around the same in start stop traffic to but the fuel costs more not to mention when things go wrong on a diesel they empty your bank account with it. Diesel owners are also dirty b******s at the pumps... pump handles are always (somehow) covered in fuel.

Honestly, give me a petrol any day over dugger.

I was on about the non turbo 1.2 :eek:

I do see your point loud and clear,
I myself are a panzy at pumps and I actually wrap some cloth around the pump handle before picking it up lol!

Nothing's more horrid than oily diesel on your hands

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Nah you'd have both :p
That's what in doing anyway, the flammer is sat ready for weekends when I insure it , the dci for mile munching

PB172,dci100,dci65
Then you wouldn't want to get rid of it ;)

True story:)

Have a dci100 and a 172.....I just can not sell the dci. Its worth nothing here (as I live in VAG is god country:) ),
drive 1200 km from a tank and goes fine. 172 is faster and more fun but I cannot really use its advantages in real daily traffic.
Have already donated the police a few times...

So dci stays. And I can get around 150-170 km (100-110 miles) on the first "brick", but if I would fill it up to the top, who knows.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
On my old commute in my dci (circa 25 miles of country roads) I could get the trip computer to say 800 miles to a full tank of a dci80.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
True story:)

Have a dci100 and a 172.....I just can not sell the dci. Its worth nothing here (as I live in VAG is god country:) ),
drive 1200 km from a tank and goes fine. 172 is faster and more fun but I cannot really use its advantages in real daily traffic.
Have already donated the police a few times...

So dci stays. And I can get around 150-170 km (100-110 miles) on the first "brick", but if I would fill it up to the top, who knows.

Yeah ! :) atleast it's cheaper to fix than a VAG aswell mate ;)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
My Mk3's last tankful was just over 750 miles, and that was commuting to and from work and weekend driving for about 6 weeks. 63mpg.

Llandow, I got it down to 23.7mpg on track.

​N3eDz M0aR P0w3r!!!1!