ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are spacers a must if you run coilovers on a Clio 182 Cup?

Clio 182 Cup
As per title really,

just wondered if you have to use spacers if you have coilovers on the car, or whether it depends on what coilovers you choose. Basically I'm looking for some for track days / hill climbs.

I'm running a set of 15" speed lines 2118's et37 and hopefully 195-50 tyres on my 182 cup. I'm not a huge fan of spacers in honesty.

any thoughts, or opinions welcome!

thanks in advance

;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've had coilovers on my cup packed 182's before and never ran with spacers.

(From memory, i've had H&R's, Raceland gubbins, Gaz Golds)

You should be fine with those offset 2118s.

It's the standard 182 wheels that have a ridiculously high offset and when coupled with coilovers and negative camber make the tyre hit the adjust ring.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
it all depends on how low you go as mentioned, lower the car more neg camber and more likely the tyres will catch, but with the lower offset wheels from the off you should be okay

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I run AST's, and I also have 2118's with an et43.
i do run a 5mm spacer (therfor they sit as a et38 would) and no rubbing issues.
i only use the spacer for looks, nothing touches without them, also ran the AST's on the misses 182 with the standard wheels and a 205/45/16, and no fitting or rubbing issues with/without the 5mm spacer.

Italian 3.2 V6
Iv been pretty damn low on my 1*2's with coilovers and never needed to run spacers, you should be fine.