ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

At last my 197 arrived.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I guarantee the new Megane will be even uglier... imagine that Clio-esque front but spread out. :dead:

Ziel Nurburgring
Donnie Darko said:
I seriously do not like the new shape clios... i think they look bloody awful!!

Car styling has lost its way imho!

And i bet 70% of the people that own 172 or 182's hated the new bubble shaped Mk2 Ph2 when it first hit the streets.

As soon as they replace the current model and more people see them on the road, it will become another favorite.

MKIII 138
saw a red one in the flesh today ! really nice, totally changed my mind on this you need to see on ein the flesh, dont forget its still a supermini and compare it to other things in its sector its WAY ahead.

one i saw was in red, really sexy colour, will be a tough choice between megane and this. on another note i imagined it lowered when i stood next to it and i think with anthracite wheels and lower it will looks amazing,

best bit for me is the rear side looking from fron side, front to back , the back is wider and looks phat.

edit* trophy red, lowered 30mm on eibachs, anthractie wheels and a trophy sticker

Clio Williams 1, 182,197
blink172 said:
Because his company car was rumbled as the dealers demo?

Ummmmmmm no !! Just busy !! Unless you take pics of your car when its dirty ? ???

Personally i prefer to wait until its clean !! But hey what the feck do i know !! Obviously nothing compared to your superior knowledge of my life and company car.

Clio 197
Take some pics tomorrow when i get mine, i hope i got them up on the net tomorrow night...i'll try

Ziel Nurburgring
Leigh said:
Ummmmmmm no !! Just busy !! Unless you take pics of your car when its dirty ? ???

Personally i prefer to wait until its clean !! But hey what the feck do i know !! Obviously nothing compared to your superior knowledge of my life and company car.

lol, step away from the coffee pot. I couldnt give a flying arsebanana if your cars clean, you're busy at work or how you live your life.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197
Then why the hell are you questioning if I am telling the truth about the vehicle being a company car or a demo ?

Ziel Nurburgring
Rattles back in clios, thats where they belong. Clios without rattles is like chicken without waffles.

ooh, shiny! :cool:

Not sure about the yellow stickers on the side myself, but they're not bad.

The smaller front number plate looks better than our massive ones!

106 GTi
Same looking headlamp washer jets as the 17/182's, I bet they will fail just the same.

Thought they would have made a nicer hidden away system at the price the 197 retails at, I would want VW touches at that price.

BMW Z4 3.0i
If they put the retractable skoda style ones on they'd only break being Renault.

The headlight washers are one of the things on my car that actually hasn't broken yet.

182 and 5 GTT
That Black one looks nice bar the yellow stickers. Gunna wait untill i test drive one before i comment on it though, but it does seriously need lowering!

80MPG BEEZA
i'm sorry if it offends anyone but i hate it so damn much it no longer has the evil front end that it did previous making people sh*t themselves when they see you flying up beside them in the side mirror and it no longer has that nice fat rear back end and arches that makes it look like a bad ass car i'm afraid i wont be buying one and will be looking forward to racing one of these and whooping its a*s

astra break
It's very nice in Black. Congratulations with your nice machine ! How does it drive? had another Clio sport before this one? iF yes, can you compare?

Cupra
GazCB said:
If they put the retractable skoda style ones on they'd only break being Renault.

The headlight washers are one of the things on my car that actually hasn't broken yet.

Give them time...... Mine just popped off.

Clio 182
DynamiqueDebz said:
I am pleased for you that you got such a nice company car. I bet all your neighbours are well jealous, not to mention the fact (if they don't know its a compnay car) they are going to think you are loaded.;)

LMAO at someone who thinks neighbours are gonna think your loaded for driving a clio, especially a clio that looks like a 1.2 :clown:

Clio 197
I can not much say about the driving, i drove ~500km but i don't push it too hard the first 1'000km, but i can say, until 3'000rpm it's very quite, good too drive comfortably, after that, you hear it roar!
the brakes are really good!

i had'nt a sport before, but i drove some, not really long, but for now, i'm fine with her! :cool:
longer review after some pushdowns to 7'000rpm and curvy roads ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Dan_mk1 said:
LMAO at someone who thinks neighbours are gonna think your loaded for driving a clio, especially a clio that looks like a 1.2 :clown:

Its not the fact that its a CLIO, its the fact that it's NEW! Doh!!:rasp:

Turbos.
TBH it's the 172 that looks tame next to the black 197 above.

Just wait until someone comes out with a carbon diffuser, it will be sex!

Clio 182
DynamiqueDebz said:
Its not the fact that its a CLIO, its the fact that it's NEW! Doh!!:rasp:

Lol, what a load of bull...anyone who knows anything will realise any chump can get finance on an 06 car :clown:

Mänu said:
mine next to an older version

looks damn big!

Soz, but that did make me chuckle, look at the size of it :rasp:

But I like the pics of the blue version earlier in this thread, they look really good lowered.

:)

Black Gold Clio 182
Nice to see the black 197 above parked in its usual hunting ground - a parking space at McDonalds!!

:rasp: :rasp:

Stef

197 obviously potent, however in my opinion it reminds me of a mk1 172. bland with a few distinguishing features.. very standardish.

Lowered to cup spec, and with the cup rear spoilers should be an option for the driver..renault have most ppls need with thisone..particularly for picking the kids up and doing the shopping.

Whats the limiter set at? i bet it revs its tits off at 70 lol.

Nippy white cup
The mk1 172 is parked a fair bit in front rom the mk3 as it`s an angled carpark. But I do agree that it is a brute lol

Chris