ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attempted Burgulary - after my car AGAIN!

Mazda MX5 1.8

Quote: Originally posted by Clarel on 11 October 2004

They think it was stolen - last week from a nearby village!

Again - dont leave your keys downstairs!
hey most of the time I cant find my keys so i will be thankful if they can find them 4 me! lol

Octavia VRS

what f@nnies, seems quite common which is scary.

we have a dog that barks at the slightest sound (altho she is far too friendly and would lick them to death!) and a alarm on the house.

My neighbour has said that his car has been targeted, the wee chavs have drawn markers around his Focus using chalk so the other scummy tink knows what car to steal. Also one of my neighbours has a camera which has taped a couple of chavs looking at the cars in my street. I usually park in front of my neighbours focus so this is v worrying.

Again, this is meant to be a nice part of the town i live in so it happens everywhere

GR7

Shiny red R32

Our keys are hidden from view inside a dresser in the hall. I stuck some plastic hooks with sticky pads, inside the door of the dresser, so our keys always hang on them, and cant be seen through our glass front door.

R26

Try fitting a brush type draft excluder to your letterbox, makes it hard for anyone to see through the letterbox, would take ages to locate anything. Failing that put a claymore on the old doorstep timed to be active between 1am and 7am in the morning - dont want to blow the sh*t out the postie, actually, maybe i do cos he keeps walking on my grass

leon cupra R

i hate this world, full of theiving c**ts !!! as you decribed he walked black to a black ford focus obviously they or he didnt give a toss that you saw him, most theivs would of ran through gardens like linford christy if they got seen... lol

Liquid yellow R26 F1

That is bad.. unfortunately not uncommon now...:mad:..

A mate had his Scoob nicked in the same way a few years back..

I think the dog seems like a good idea, but i was wondering, do you have a security light..? maybe if you had a couple of Halogen PIR sensor lights, then that may act as a deterent. Especially if youre in a village as i should imagine that street lights are few and far between.. just like my road.. i think you can now get cameras that record when the light is triggered..

Just an idea.. ignore my drivel, if you already have them...:oops:.

James

Hi James,

We have a security light which is broken! Going to get it fixed this weekend. I am also going to get a postbox cage thingy which will stop little hands getting in, even though it will be pointless because we will never leave the keys in the door now!

Daz,

They casually walked back to their car, didnt run. They know the police cant get there quick enough, so whats the point?

None of my neighbours saw anything, but a good excuse for a doorstep natter last night :)

Cheers

Clare

P.s. the scenes of crime people came round today. Surprise, surprise, no finger prints!

Liquid yellow R26 F1

maybe even have one of those padlockable poles put at the bottom of the drive.. at least that way theyd have to cut the padlock first, which makes things more difficult. A mate of mine had one put in to protect his new Teg type R.

don't

hmmm doesnt sound gd, im moving in a few weeks to a place that is renowned for having quite alot of chavs

my bedroom window is at back of the house aswel so wont be able 2 see car from window

postbox is protected from 1 of them locked boxs

but the car is my main priority, guna get 1 or 2 of the sensitive security lights that will shine really bright

problem is that the car will be parked adjacent 2 a footpath and i dont want the light going on everytime some1 walks down the road do i

usually a nice bright light will deter most ppl as they may think ppl will be watching them, + the shock element

Mine got stolen a few months ago! I hate chavs! Ive nearly saved enough for a new car so I cant wait to be back on the road! :cool:

don't

post things prob cost a max of £10-15 i wouldve thought

just fits 2 the letter box and door so easy enough, not sure where u can get 1 though, quite a few places prob have them, most home stores, homebase mayb, not sure

cliogirl was it an older clio that got stolen?? ever found?? how did they steal it

Yes it was an older one. They did find it but it was burnt out. I didnt claim for it because the excess was too much and I would lose my NCB. I will be getting another one soon though.

My last one was burnt out which I think is a total waste of a car, but mine was worth over £10K, so I had no option than to claim on my insurance. It promptly doubled in cost all because of the theiving scum.....

I will look at getting a postbox basket, but I really wanted to know where to get those posts which you put in the drive. Any ideas?

those posts are over 100.00

the ones im on about have to be sunk into the ground, a few feet. the post bolts into the concrete, this is so that they cant just be ripped out.
sorry i have no idea where to get one.

Volvo S60 T5

That totally sucks, what a sad world we live in now!

Anyway, why not get a hidden switch fitted to your car to immobilise it even if you have the key.
Would not be to much hard work, drop the steering cowling down, tap into the supply for the decoder ring (only 3 wires IIRC)and fit a switch thats well hidden. That way you can flick the switch every night and if they do nick the key the car wont go anyway it will just crank over loads, give you enought time to get a BASEBALL bat and smash them to peices!!:mad:

leon cupra R

Quote: Originally posted by Clarel on 12 October 2004

Hi James,

We have a security light which is broken! Going to get it fixed this weekend. I am also going to get a postbox cage thingy which will stop little hands getting in, even though it will be pointless because we will never leave the keys in the door now!

Daz,

[[]][,,,,They casually walked back to their car, didnt run. They know the police cant get there quick enough, so whats the point? ,,,,,]][[[

None of my neighbours saw anything, but a good excuse for a doorstep natter last night :)

Cheers

Clare

P.s. the scenes of crime people came round today. Surprise, surprise, no finger prints!

let me tell you this , round here there are a couple of meat heads who live in the house in me area and if these people tried the same thing to them , then walked slowly away then i garentee that the meat head would walk straight out with a bat or a bar and tw*t him/them one:)

id be the same, if sum1 tried it with me motor me my dad and me bro wud fly out the door with bats and sh*t and im pretty sure theyd move alot faster:mad:

Lionel Richie

get some of those posts that go behind you car so it cant be nicked!!

my mate had a similar thing happen with his scooby, he installed 2 removable steel posts, never a problem now!!!

Audi TT Quattro

My neighbour had there car stolen a few months ago....

Apparently there was a gang going around the area, using a "hook and cane" to steal cars... They used to have a big long cane, with a hook on the end and shove it through letter boxes to steal the car keys. There must have been a few people involved the night they stole my neighbours black W reg clio as they also attempted to steal a Peugeot 607 from another neighbour. The letter box had one of them draft excluders on, so the muppets cut the brissels of the draft excluder and attempt to steal the keys that were hung on the wall near the front door.

A few days before the car was stolen a few gypsys had been around asking if we wanted Double Glazing, Trees cut down, etc.... We dont know if this was linked but it appears they scout about.... asking people if they want work doing to there house... This gives them the chance to see what your hallway looks like and sees if theres any car keys hanging on a key rack near the doorway. Then come back one night... cane and hook the keys and away they go....

Little B*****Ds!

I always carry my car keys upstairs with me and leave them on my desk. So if anyone wants to steal my car.... come and get the keys, but i dont take kindly to being woken up in the middle of the night :D

Hi,

The police did ask if anyone had been round recently canvassing or the like. Seems like they use this tactic quite often.

God knows how they knew there was keys in the door - just front door keys, not car keys anyway. I thought they may use a mirror or something to see through your letterbox. Does this sound feasible?

Theyve got a great deal of front in my opinion!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by XTR2000 on 14 October 2004

I always carry my car keys upstairs with me and leave them on my desk. So if anyone wants to steal my car.... come and get the keys, but i dont take kindly to being woken up in the middle of the night :D
Why would they steal your car? Its a megane!!! ;)

Audi TT Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 14 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by XTR2000 on 14 October 2004

Why would they steal your car? Its a megane!!! ;)

To rebuild there lovely clio... since my car is made of 49% megane bits 51% Clio bits :p

cheeky sod!

ohh and yeh.. its possible to use a mirror.. like them dentists mirrors... or look through the keyhole to see if the key is in the hole... (unless its a uPVC door where you cant see through the keyhole)

Quote: Originally posted by Clarel on 14 October 2004

Hi,

The police did ask if anyone had been round recently canvassing or the like. Seems like they use this tactic quite often.
Oh sh*te! Some guy came across my drive from next doors, dont know if he was a friend of theirs or was trying to sell them something. I was waxing my octavia vRS and he started saying thats a nice car. People dont steal Skodas do they???? Thats got me worried now.

Quote: Originally posted by James Bushell on 14 October 2004

Cool avatar btw..
Thanks, thats me driving, my mate Emma in the front seat and my 5 yr old daughter in the back. She just loves the Carousel........ :D

I have the full piccie somewhere if anyones interested!