ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ATV/Roku/Any other for Plex?

Clio 172
Hi guys,

Basically looking for something to watch my media that is shared on my server at home. Sick of the Xbox offering, so want to get something that can run Plex.

ATV3 looks like its never gonna be jail broken lol so won't be investing in that just yet, and ATV2 prices seem stupid IMO, is it worth that money?

Roku 2 XS looks good, does everything I need for a good price.

I have seen Google TV namely the Logitech offering, wish it would hurry up and get over here though.

Anyone else got any ideas what I can do? Doesn't need to be super powerful as all media is hosted by Plex anyway

Cheers

Make sure you get the Plex beta version (Not sure if it is in stable yet?), It recently has had DNLA added so as Tom says - Xbox, PS3, TV's with it enabled will be able to pick it up.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Make sure you get the Plex beta version (Not sure if it is in stable yet?), It recently has had DNLA added so as Tom says - Xbox, PS3, TV's with it enabled will be able to pick it up.

Its been in stable for about a month.

Clio 172
I use the Xbox with Plex, have done for about 2 months now.

I find it rubbish, you can't forward/rewind, I hate the interface (can't even search as far as I can tell)

Revels, where did you get it mate? I see them on eBay, but IIRC none where under £100.

I got mine from Amazon over a year ago. I just presumed they'd have gone down since then. But obviously with the new one not being jailbroken yet the prices have gone up.

Yea I'm holding out until they bring out the USB freeview adaptor at least then ill have just 1 input on the tv to do everything apart from the Xbox