ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TT 180 vs 182 cup

Firstly, i must state that this is not a wind up post. A good friend of mine, called bubba has just got his clio 182 cup. Having had a number of scraps with him on both straightlines, and twisties (private track) i can always seem to shake him, and he struggles to match my titty. Especially at more serious speeds. I realise that magazine stats say otherwise, and you guys probably dont like the titties much, but is there any reason why this should be the case? I figured with the weight issues and what not that he should be quicker? He is a good driver, so it is not that, but mainly his car that just doesnt seem as quick as mine. sweet jesus, what is going on?

Thanks,

Hooter

Pulled on a few TTs in my 172, i played with one near jodrell bank in cheshire on the twisties he was all over the place trying to keep up.

Now a 225 TT is a different thing on the straights!

raced a audi tt 225 other day in my normal 182,i waz in front by 1 car length before we floored it...

he shot past me about 1 car length on the motorway and it stayed that way till we both needed 2 slow down i waz shocked myself thought i waz going 2 get my ass thrasshed p.s smoked the 180 audi in my old 172,so easy i wet me pants hehe :)

Yaris Hybrid

180s are easy meat, can keep up with 225s. Oh and I have a full fat 182.

Even accounting for the 182 being new and suffering from a tight engine it should not have much trouble against one of those (unless he has <1k on the clock). So in short there is no reason why that should be the case other than something wrong with his car or him

My expert opinion is your mate drives like a gay. No disrespect to TTs nice car but the 180bhp model isnt much cop when it comes to A road blasts.

Seriously boys, he was as suprised as we were about the outcome. I like the Titty, as i get style, looks and build quality, and i can see off these pesky slippers

i would have thought his cars phuqt tbh, it should be faster than the 225bhp one too id imagine... I can blow them away pretty easily :confused:

172 cup'd extreme

my mates got a 180 standard and i can put on him from a standing start there 1.5 ton and 180 HP so not very powerful really

exactly, id rip a 180 apart... no disrespect, they are nice cars, but a 182 should eat one... does this mate of yours drive it to the red line?

Youll be lucky to get a bite here. Weve had plenty far more skilled at getting a bite than yourself ;) Might want to change your bait to something a bit more appetising.

2012 WRX Waggon

my wifes A4 1.8T (150) canes the arse off my 172, as does my mother in laws Pug 1.6 307.

Im getting shut its that slow!!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

dont think they would be much in it TBH. u would pull initially due to turbo but one on cam he should pull right back. i raced a new golf gti 197 bhp at our brake test area on camp, which was standard and initially he pulled but they i gained on him and caught up but not overtake.