ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Austin's OEM+ BG 182

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to my progress thread,

I have wanted to start a project thread for a long time now, however, I haven't got round to doing it until now. Better late than never (ha)

I bought my Renaultsport Clio BG (black gold) 182 in October 2008 after owning my first car, a clio mk2 1.2 for 3 years.

I paid £8k at the time of purchase from a Renault dealership, the Clio 182 came with a years warranty and 12 month's tax, this was one of the higher priced 182's at the time but after searching and viewing across the Country for 4 months I knew straight away this was the one.

The Clio had one previous owner and 24k on the clock when I picked it up the next week after leaving the deposit.

Here's a couple pic's when it was standard apart from a smaller aerial i put on, it was immaculate and I couldn't stop smiling all the way home from Blackpool where i had bought it.

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

My plans were to change the "look's" of it but keep it smart/clean and nothing OTT, the first upgrade I made was changing to coilover's.

I decided on GAZ which cost £550, I wanted it to be very low so wound them rite down.

DSC04730.jpg

DSC04709.jpg

I changed front and rear indicators bulbs to silver-visions, and also got a bonnet bra for my birthday off my girlfriend.

DSC00597.jpg

n1204323231_347330_1865242.jpg

The summer came and me and the lads went to FCS 09, this was the first car show I had been to and had a great weekend away.

DSC05721.jpg

4863_1184359248184_1204323231_51219.jpg

It was the first m.o.t time with the 182 and all was good as it passed straight away.

IMG_0259.jpg

Next I changed the front discs and pads, group n discs and mintex m1144 pads which didnt fit so had to change them.

d3cb6bf5.jpg

Next i decided the only thing not so good about the clio was the massiiivve steering wheel so for christmas my girlfriend bought me a omp uno trecento 300mm, I had trouble fitting this as the omp boss was not for a cruise control model 182 and didn't have enough room for the wires to fit through, this was then changed for a momo boss which was perfect.

DSC06928.jpg

I wanted to tidy the bay so gave it a good clean and got a carbon fuze box cover
74f0dbc8.jpg

bdf2e7ab.jpg

Last edited:
  BMW E36 328
Re: Austin-182 project thread (2 year's late)

Nice tidy car, perfect height aswel. I looked at those fusebox covers from streamline carbon, not cheap lol. Anythin g else to come?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182

Love this car! Looks very nice and clean!!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

I wanted to change the diamond's so they were darker, rather than spraying i decided to cover them in a carbon look vinyl, they turned out great imo
b5776963.jpg

5b8e0dba.jpg

In febuary 2010 i got some alcantara material as i wanted to re trim some interior parts with it, i did the;
A-pillars
Dashstrips
Handbrake gaitor
32dc27db.jpg

7eb3d271.jpg

3d7e21a2.jpg

In may 2010 i was still on the original exhaust which was starting to fall apart, i wanted a custom system made and went for cat back from AAS in Newcastle, the system has 3" outrolled pipes and have a centre section box in aswell as i didnt want anything to lpud.This place is extremely popular with a great reputation, i was on the waiting list for 8 weeks. The system total was £500, i also replaced all 4 tyres to T1R proxy's and decided on very low pro's 195 40 16 a couple weeks before costing £300
d8e489ef.jpg

c99b2a60.jpg

8a84a309.jpg

Heres a few pics from fcs 10 showing how it was looking at this point
b7811b17.jpg

15424e23.jpg

And the most recent mod i have made was to install a conector wire for my iphone to the headunit, this was a easy job to do and excellent for the price of the wire from MT Audio on here
4f745632.jpg

a5696b80.jpg

Well thats my shortened version of my project thread as i didnt do it from the start so havnt wantd to make it to long now,
This will be updated as i have many future plans for the 182 still to come, one being in the next few weeks wich i will update then ;)
Thanks
Austin

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Nice tidy car, perfect height aswel. I looked at those fusebox covers from streamline carbon, not cheap lol. Anythin g else to come?

Cheers mate, yes they are not cheap at all which is why mine isnt from their, its not real carbon ::rasp: lol, i like it though it still makes the bay look cleaner

182/St Fez/Evo 9 MR

Austin Pm me with more details for the ipod cables etc, also how close is the alcantara material to the door cards ? i have wrapped in the past but struggled to get the same colour materials... if its close can you send me a link to the supplier.
Cars looking stunning by the way!!!!
cheers mate

Clio 172

Looks a lovely example mate, love the stance

How do you find the gaz kit?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Looks a lovely example mate, love the stance

How do you find the gaz kit?

I find it alrite mate, ther not rated very well on here.they are a stiff ride but i dont know any different so cant really compare to anything

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Love it! You running lower profile tyres btw?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Gleaming mate. Love it. What height is it?

The back is all the way but still has adjuster in and i really dont know about the front, its as low as it can be without any tyre scrub lol

Clio 172

Yea mate, 195 40 16, tbh i will probs go for 205 40 16 next time as these are slightly streched

You wont get very good reim protection will you? I had them on my ph2 172 wheels and the rims were exposed like crazy.

Car looks awesome tho

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Update,

I had a custom Decat made and fit today. Sounds great, isnt to loud unless i put my foot down. The car feels a lot different now, smoother through the rev range and can feel an increase in power, maybe thats just the effect the difference in sound has though.
0226faeb.jpg

Last edited:

thats nice and tidy that! like the things you have done. simple!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

After wanting the proper Renaultsport mats for ages, I finally got a set. The fit is perfect, well worth the money and would recommend.
fc3502f5.jpg

1e0bdee6.jpg

1bf53f26.jpg

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: Austin-182 progress thread (2 years late)

Sam mats as me. Great addition.

Only thing I don't like is the fact you've put 40 profile tyres on. The look a bit cack.

Might benefit from some spacers? If the wheels had a little more poke might look a little less "odd"

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Sam mats as me. Great addition.

Only thing I don't like is the fact you've put 40 profile tyres on. The look a bit cack.

Yea i agree aswell now! Thay are 195 so i thinkni should of gone with 205. The front sides are so worn down and theyv only been on since the summer! Maybe the tracking etc needs setting up to stop that :/
I want to raise the height a little bit aswell now! Idealy, this will be on turinis by the end of the year
Mats are brill, wanted them for so long, price has allways put me off but they are defo worth it

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Might benefit from some spacers? If the wheels had a little more poke might look a little less "odd"

Had considered them but decided against as dont really want to mess on with that

CLIO 172 CUP....

austin...thats one smart sport you have ther mate...looks 100%..;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

This needs updating properly with planned mods ;)

Also wrong section ya doyle theres a progress section

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Wests renault sam, the lad who works there is in the traders section

Titanium 182

Gorgeus, Where did you get your bonnet cover from?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Update....
Picked the 182 back up this morning after having it's 5 year major service, its now on 49,331 mile's
Parts cost me £550
Labour costs were £330
Service included;
All genuine renault part's were used
•Full Cambelt kit
•Full Auxbelt kit
•Dephaser
•Waterpump
•Cam caps replaced
•Crank bolt replaced
•Full coolant change with renault type d
•Oil and filter change using Fuchs pro s 5 40
•Gearbox oil change
•CV boots were re greased and re clipped
I also had my carbon splitter fitted
44267b85.jpg

I got a carbon fibre kit for my bday so had a go at doing the bullets
4a3763ae.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Nice work mate really like this, one of my favourite 182s

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF

That looks fantastic mate :) nice work! i need to get mine down that low!! just need to decide wether i want comfort lol

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Today i had 2 new front tyres put on, toyo t1r
396f0250.jpg

Its been a very expensive few days totaling at just over £1000 lol