ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Austin's OEM+ BG 182

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Austin-182 progress thread (2 years late)

Finally after wanting a small front plate for ages, ive got one!
520mm X 90mm is what i went for and also got a standard rear plate so i could get rid of the "pressed plates"
6bfdab55.jpg

46fd4b86.jpg

aa7db1c6.jpg

b4f7e054.jpg

6e5d1d63.jpg

The mileage also ticked onto 51k :( lol
2adc5c62.jpg

Stuuning car! what ridehight are you running? whats the overall ride like that low?

Clio & Mini

Absolutely gorgeous mate, I love it makes me just want to polish up my pearl black campus :D :p hehe

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

In the game porter cable, think we need to get some shots of both cars together

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers lads!
Tbh mate not sure actual height, basically adjusted till it looks good lol!
Badges are standard mate, just the angle of the pic i think
Chris205 we will ya doosh! Only just saw these comments

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Austin's AAS'd GAZ'd BG 182

I finally managed to get a set of Trophy Turinis after wanting them for ages :)
Gave them a good clean with wolf's chemical cleaner then put them on
f6a32a61.jpg

b242a2db.jpg

75e40cf5.jpg

1e6d4bd4.jpg

348c0252.jpg

DSC06989.jpg

21a946ca.jpg

Also put a new pollen filter and air filter in today that id purchased from Wests Renault on here
:)
And also had the washer bottle pump replaced that had broke due to getting blocked up from crap in the bottle, so i can now spray my windscreen again lol

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

An update on the clio since getting the turinis fitted;
Wests had a great offer on, so i bought a new air filter from them, (normally change it every 6 months) and the pollen filter was on offer also, this is the one thing ive never had changed when serviced, really didnt think it was something that needed to be changed as its only to do with the air coming in theough the vents and nothing mechanical, how wrong was i lol, to think this is what the clean air has been passing through before it goes in my lungs makes me feel sick lol!
81e9c690.jpg

Anyway, on to my next mod to the car. For ages ive wanted to have the headliner trimmed in Alcantara to match the other parts ive done, so finaly went through the effort of getting it out the car ready to ready which was quite a chew on but managable.
The grab handles are unusable, so i bought new from Renault, the standard grey colour were not going to go with the freshly trimmed headliner so got in touch with sprayshack to do all the roof parts in dark anthracite to match the dash strips etc id allready had done by them, they have done an amazing job again!
b3c50a2b.jpg

a0b64bb2.jpg

cea90d94.jpg

e629b323.jpg

751b2dc6.jpg

managed to get a boot net off my mate on here, wanted one for ages
e3be1c12.jpg

Ive now gon onto 55k also :( lol
a37d1a13.jpg

Put the standard silver front and rear diamonds back in since my last pics too
83162c81.jpg

c319ac67.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers Wick!

Also forgot to mention, its just had its m.o.t and 12 months tax this month also :)
Oh and the air con was re gassed too

Last edited:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Went to my car at work last week and started to panic! Never had any issues since owing the car but when i went to start it, it wouldnt, dash lights were going crazy and speddo needle shot up and down
Didnt have a clue what it could be so very worried, a mate came and put a power pack on to try and jump it, it started strate away so panic over, got home and the same again, it was still on the standard battery so i supose pretty good 6 years out of it! Replaced with a new battery and is starting like normal again...phew!
e887d9ec.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6

Looking great but I prefer it with 182 wheels mate. Either that or if your turinis were gloss black or bright silver ;)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Looking great but I prefer it with 182 wheels mate. Either that or if your turinis were gloss black or bright silver ;)

Tbh mate i think the tyres played a big part in why it lookd so good with the 182 wheels on, ive still got them aswell. Next time i need tyres for the turinis il be getting low pro like the 182 wheels and think it will make it look a lot better

Italian 3.2 V6

Tbh mate i think the tyres played a big part in why it lookd so good with the 182 wheels on, ive still got them aswell. Next time i need tyres for the turinis il be getting low pro like the 182 wheels and think it will make it look a lot better

Actually yea I agree mate. The Tyres did make a huge improvement :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Subscribed!

I really love this car, in fact id say it's my favourite BG on here :) I'll be taking some inspiration from it over the next few months and will be watching any progress closely.

I must say though, I actually prefer the cup wheels with the low profile tyres over the turini's, although I think turini's would look the nuts if they were silver to match the bullets and badges ;)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Subscribed!

I really love this car, in fact id say it's my favourite BG on here :) I'll be taking some inspiration from it over the next few months and will be watching any progress closely.

I must say though, I actually prefer the cup wheels with the low profile tyres over the turini's, although I think turini's would look the nuts if they were silver to match the bullets and badges ;)

Cheers mate, yea i think silver would look great also. My next set of tyres when needed will be low pro's again and i think it will make it look just as good as it did on the cup wheels

BG182FF

you say low profile, are the 182 alloys running 45 profile tyres? and the trophys 55? Does look good

BG182FF

just had a read through the whole thread, they were 195/40's. love it :D

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

thanks to you austin and your very nice 182 i am now going to have to look into getting coilovers ;) lovely car bud!! have you got black insert xenons or grey still? they just look black in your latest picture?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

thanks to you austin and your very nice 182 i am now going to have to look into getting coilovers ;) lovely car bud!! have you got black insert xenons or grey still? they just look black in your latest picture?

Haha Sorry.... No they are just the grey standard set mate, although i would like black ones

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

Haha Sorry.... No they are just the grey standard set mate, although i would like black ones

not a problem your car is a credit to you! i need to start a thread on mine buts its going in for belts, dephaser and full service in couple weeks maybe coilovers after that ;) i want some black inserts too thats why i was curious. cheers keep the updates or even pictures coming :)

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S

Car looks great mate, whats the ride quality on the GAZ like? I do about 90 miles a day on the motorway in my BG 182 but I want some lows :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Gaz arent too bad if you have a play around with the settings, however they will end up needing a rebuild, the same with all coilovers though tbh

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

As 205 said they arnt bad, ive had them on for years now so used to it as though its normal for me now.

Clio 172 Cup

just read the lot, lovin it, has made me want to go play with the 172... rebuilding calipers ftw.. -.-

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Small update, nothing new for the clio itself but something to keep it in great shape
3dd76852.jpg

8d0bb640.jpg

have wanted a snow foam for ages now, its great fun!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Good afternoon CS'ers

Well i have finally got around to having the sun visors dealt with. I felt the only way to go was to have them retrimmed in Alcantara also. Im an Alcantara freak and i love it! Hahe....

Si over at SprayShack who prev sprayed all my roof handles was a massive help again and sent me a small pot of the paint so i could do the clips on the visors myself. Ive done the beat i could using a small art brush

Il let the pictures do the talking
All coments are welcome, and just to add ive put a lot of hard work and effort into the interior and like to think of my style as OEM+

e8fefa68.jpg

6f570ea5.jpg

82554297.jpg

f1a1eac2.jpg

35c0034d.jpg

44c73e0c.jpg

d59dbf79.jpg

fec0ea9f.jpg

169749c7.jpg

dd6ac38f.jpg

51cb1409.jpg

17f70adb.jpg