ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Austin's OEM+ BG 182

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Re: Austin-182 progress thread (2 years late)

what size tires you gone for this time? lol still look like they are low :p

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

what size tires you gone for this time? lol still look like they are low :p

I got the same 195 40 for the reason i didnt want to have odd tyres on the front and rear, my coilovers have siezed up so till i can get them sorted and heightebed a little bit im sticking with these tyres, when the coilys get sorted il get all 4 new larger tyres

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Looks epic being so low. Proper. :cool:

I love the way it looks, its just literally not practical at all lol! Even just an inch higher would make a big difference but as ive said my coilovers have siezed up, which is really anoying as it looks like il need to buy new front ones, lesson learnt...coilovers need to be greased up!
Next change is to put standard plain plates on and a small one on the front

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah, get a full-length 3/4 plate like mine. Fits the recess perfectly but doesn't scream 'pull me'

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah, get a full-length 3/4 plate like mine. Fits the recess perfectly but doesn't scream 'pull me'

Exactly the size i want, urs looks perfect, i take it, it's 520 x 84?....some people get 520 x 90 but i think it doesnt look rite completely filling the recess, if you know what i mean by that :/ ?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

get some camber bolts and a full allignment done on it mate to stop these new tyres getting burnt out on outer tread due to your postivie camber

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

c2938a6b.jpg

Half way to 100k!

BG 182

Looking great mate, as christopher said a front plate would add a nice touch

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

I recieved some interior parts today that had been away getting sprayed, thank's to Si from SprayShack, done a brilliant job and makes a big difference to the interior.
I decided to go for anthracite as i personaly think the chrome/silver parts look cheap.
Part's i had sprayed were;
Dash strips
Gear insert
Handbrake button
Door handles(gloss black case woth anthra handle)
dcc4c70c.jpg

62f0c4e9.jpg

63a7be06.jpg

77a45066.jpg

6f8bd604.jpg

628f82c4.jpg

70bb4e50.jpg

749ddf34.jpg

0c21364e.jpg

cf8719f4.jpg

172 Cup

They looks quality mate, go nice with the colour scheme of the exterior aswell ;)

Mk1 Clio F4R'd

Lovely car mate. Dont like 182 wheels but they looks great on yours

1.2 Dynamique 16v

Those door handles are brilliant mate. Really nice touch.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

no more alcantara pal? Looks really nice though I love the gear insert, not keen on the black surrounds on the door handles, as it everything else is dark blue it propper sticks out, but the actual handle itself in grey is awesome.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers lads!
Chris mate av only took the alcantara dash steips out as i fancied a change and wanted to get a colour theme going on, i know what you mean about the handles standing out, i have the standard case i could use also but as ive gone for black decals on the insert and dash strips i thought it would go well with the colour theme and be a different touch.
Would like the dial surrounds done but not sure how easy they are to remove :/

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

When you going to start flocking things? I want my dash doing lol

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

When you going to start flocking things? I want my dash doing lol

Lol not anytime soon, flocked dash's look great! Think u need to do everything though, door cards etc. Im going for a different look now on the 182, ive enjoyed the "looks" and being really low for 2 years but want it to be practical now

LY 182

Awesome stuff man. How much was it for the interior stuff you had done??

BG 182

That interior looks awesome, loving the handles too!

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF

That all looks awesome mate! Love it, how much that all cost ya if you don't mind me asking?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

If you PM SprayShack on here from the trader's section he will give you a quote, i had a few parts id swapped with him so we aranged a deal that way in exchange for the spraying of my parts :)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF

Okays mate, will do. Really fancy a change inside now after seeing yours! :p

Renault 5 gt turbo

Looks ideal fella, if ur lifting the suspension up 2118s with 50s would look the part

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Got any more pics of the wheel? Is it defo the UNO trecento?

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Re: Austin-182 project thread (2 year's late)

Austin Pm me with more details for the ipod cables etc, also how close is the alcantara material to the door cards ? i have wrapped in the past but struggled to get the same colour materials... if its close can you send me a link to the supplier.
Cars looking stunning by the way!!!!
cheers mate

P.s + 1

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

As the summer is on its way (or at least looks to be), i have started to give the 182 a good clean. Although i allways keep the clio clean, ive never been into detailing to the extent some people are. I have kept it washed throughout the winter but due to cold weather it hasnt been polished/waxed like it is during the nice weather we get.
I got a clay bar kit for my birthday and have been waiting for good weather to make a start with it....
•Zymol wash
•Meguiar's clay bar kit
•AG SRP x2
•AG ultra deep shine x1
•Meguiar's Wax
Surprising how much comes off the car even though it looks gleaming after a wash you dont realise just how much dirt is on the paintwork, still have some of the car to do but what ive done so far is now very smooth again :)
e3e20d6b.jpg

4d08f633.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

After the coilovers have been on for 2 year's now i wanted to raise the car slightly as its too low imo and have gone off the whole "slammed" look, however my coilovers had siezed up so back to the factory they went for a refurb :) excellent service from GAZ!
A mate swapped them over for me, its still low, but not as low as before
d4a43dcb.jpg

60717182.jpg

8e03594b.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers lads, its still low just not as much, the drive feels so much better even from just the slight raise up!