ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autosmart Shampoos

M135i
Fellow detailing friends,

Has anyone had experience of either Autowash or Duet from AS?

I'm getting to the bottom of my Megs Shampoo Plus tub. I've been using this for years now and always found it good.

I have three cars to wash regularly so I need a bulk shampoo with good performance, that is of a reasonable cost, can stick in my foam lance along with Hazsafe and doesn't strip LSP. So far, Shampoo Plus has ticked these boxes.
I can get SP at trade cost which is even better.

I do have a AS rep 3mins down the road from me and I've found the AS products very impressive so far.

Bumder With A Buffer
I've used Autowash and its okay. If I used shampoo's a lot more id consider getting some in bulk.

Im like a magpie with Shampoo's at the minute, Zaino Z-7, Duragloss 901, Dodo BTBM, Dodo Supernatural, Britemax Clean Max (smells AWESOME!), Autoglym (for the missus car ;) ), Tropicare something or other and some CG Maxi Suds II.

I switch between all of them for some reason :S

M135i
Thanks Richy. I've used various in the last fair few years, but for me at the moment, bulk is the way forward.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Jimbo

The Autosmart Duet is a very good shampoo.
It has gloss enhancers to add a really nice slick smooth finish to the paintwork, like a q.d all in one.

Only downside is you have to use quite a bit, but iirc the mixture has just been re-worked to be a bit stronger, so you use less per wash.

I got mine from my local AS rep for about £12 for 5 litres.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
No worries..

An ever present in the detailing gear is Zymol Autowash - the one you can get for about £7 from Halfords - I like that too.

But strangely enough, a culmination of events has turned me back to an oldie.
Prior to going on holiday a few weeks ago, the car had been fully, and I mean FULLY detailed throughout with rotary and pc, refined and waxed with Raceglaze '55' signature wax.
Looks fantastic.
Whilst on hols, a seagull dumped the most enormous shiiite on the roof! :mad::mad::mad:

I had Megs Last touch and a cloth to wipe it off, but it had already started etching at the lacquer and left a patch about a 8" diameter!!! :eek:
Only solution was to go down to local halfords and pick up some polish - so went for Autoglym SRP.
It was 3 for 2, so I picked up some zymol and some Autoglym Shampoo.

Used the AG shampoo on the RB182 last week and that too has gloss enhancers in, very similar to the AS Duet and I was pleasingly surprised by the results.

I will be using the rest of the bottle before going back to the Zymol now. :approve:
You dont use much solution vs water with it either. :D