ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B-G Racing Steering Wheel Quick Release Adaptor - reliable for track use?

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
[URL="http://www.bg-racing.co.uk/B-G%20Racing-steering-wheel-quick-release-system[/URL]"]www.bg-racing.co.uk/B-G%20Racing-steering-wheel-quick-release-system[/URL]

Does anyone have this fitted to their track/race car and can comment on its reliability, I'm looking to change to quick release to make getting in/out my track car easier as well as bring the wheel slightly closer (this adaptor brings the wheel 60mm closer) so in theory would fit the bill if I can get some reassurance that it will stand up okay to track use and not introduce an element of play into the steering.

Thanks

Last edited:

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I use one from jjc, quality seems good.
I’m sure it is the same as the motacoarsa one but half the price
The one I have

The motacoarsa one

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I have always found the ones with splines as per the 2 above tend to develop play. Only ever used lifeline splined versions though.

The CBS, NRG Innovations style etc use a series of ball bearings to locate instead of splines. As yet i havent found any issues with the ball bearing type

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Thanks for all the responses, after an inordinate amount of time spent researching this, decided to go with NRG 2.5 from Driftworks, hopefully will arrive tmrw and get her fitted at the weekend.

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Have now sold my Clio but the NRG boss was great, good solid bit of kit, needed to take gloves off to push the little quick release button to remove but that was no biggie.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve a Works Bell Rapfix2. Really high end JDM build quality and zero play at all.
Nice part of this setup is the optional lockable boss cover. I leave the wheel in the car on the seat with the lock installed. I can’t ever see anyone getting it off in a hurry.

C2770AD8-B060-4914-84C8-BF43607DE553.jpeg
CB956829-A747-492C-9F57-C0D2E599AFA0.jpeg
1AD2AD8D-832B-446B-8851-FBBA13854479.jpeg
D3C8F426-9770-4114-A96D-F6B39D804C8C.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@MrBlonde What boss are you running here, the length along with the NRG QR looks spot on and not in your chest.

Also where did you get the NRG quick release from as I cant seem to find the one in your picture?
The NRG Web site has shown out of stock for nearly a year now. I guess they've gone tits up.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The NRG Web site has shown out of stock for nearly a year now. I guess they've gone tits up.
The only place I can see them stocked currently that looks like the one in Mr Blonde's picture are on the Tegiwa page

Its mainly the boss I'm interested in as it looks nice and short. Last time I had a boss and B&G QR on my evo the wheel was pretty much in my chest...

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The only place I can see them stocked currently that looks like the one in Mr Blonde's picture are on the Tegiwa page

Its mainly the boss I'm interested in as it looks nice and short. Last time I had a boss and B&G QR on my evo the wheel was pretty much in my chest...
Driftworks have them in stock, and a 2.8 version that looks stubbier. Unfortunately they don't have any dimensions on any of them🤷‍♂️.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
@MrBlonde What boss are you running here, the length along with the NRG QR looks spot on and not in your chest.

Also where did you get the NRG quick release from as I cant seem to find the one in your picture?

You can have a look when we meet up at C&M if you want mate.

Its a Momo one mate,as this one has the hole big enough for the cables etc to go through easily,not like the OMP one which i had before.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Porl no one seems to show dimensions on anything. Basic info that everyone is going to need 😂

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
You can have a look when we meet up at C&M if you want mate.

Its a Momo one mate,as this one has the hole big enough for the cables etc to go through easily,not like the OMP one which i had before.
Is it this one mate?

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@VenomUK this is my NRG 2.8 QR with a crude measurement made using a tape. A mate of mine emailed driftworks when we bought these and confirmed all the NRG QR’s are the same height/depth, regardless of the model.

I’m also using the same Momo boss as @MrBlonde has.

Hope this is of some use.

6AAC0DA7-9815-434D-9D72-8DCC6D35E9DB.jpeg
56CC561F-77A3-4725-B4FE-F5EC99F07A92.jpeg

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers @MrBlonde appreciate that.

@clio_ross where did you get your MOMO hub from?

I’m assuming it’s a generic picture used on websites which is why they look longer if counting the ribs on the hub sleeve

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers @MrBlonde appreciate that.

@clio_ross where did you get your MOMO hub from?

I’m assuming it’s a generic picture used on websites which is why they look longer if counting the ribs on the hub sleeve
I seem to remember I got mines from venom motorsport as well, and yeah it does look like they use a generic image for the website item.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I have always found the ones with splines as per the 2 above tend to develop play. Only ever used lifeline splined versions though.

The CBS, NRG Innovations style etc use a series of ball bearings to locate instead of splines. As yet i havent found any issues with the ball bearing type
100%. Spline ones always play after a while. I have the BG in OP and its perfect.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve just spend the last 10 mins looking for a guide section. I’m sure I’ve seen a how to section on here on how to fit a wheel...?

Don’t worry... I only went and found it looking at me after posting this!!