ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B-shaw’s PH1 Exclusive

Cheers for the love guys ❤

All painted now, not the best finish but will sort that out before I fit it

48348818121_4edf7212ec_c.jpg

48348820836_d546848fa4_c.jpg

This weekend I shall be doing all rear suspension related parts
Sooo shock top bushes, rear beam bushes and rear ARB
Whilst this may have some minor effect on tracking, should be fine until the fronts are done.
Giving myself the full weekend as I'm just going to assume its going to be an absolute b*****d doing the beam bushes, as nothings ever simple.

With that same mindset, I've booked 12th & 13th August off work, giving me a full 4 days (Sat-Tue) to do all of the front bits, as there's a lot to change and I need to be able to get it tracked after doing everything.
Hopefully ill smash through it all on the Saturday and I'll just clean some bits up on the Sunday, get it tracked on Monday, have a day doing naff all on the Tuesday.
But as I need the car for work, I didn't fancy gambling trying to get it all done over the weekend (buggered if I had to order parts) and I wouldn't be able to get it in for alignment.

So that weekend will be
Steering rack bushes (heard these are fun with a ramp, let alone lying on your back)
Inner and outer ARB Bushes (likewise, just as much fun)
New track rods
Wishbones
Correction kit hubs and everything associated
PMS top mounts and strut brace
NS2R's to be fitted when I get alignment done.

Was going to get it done at String Theory over at Caffeine and Machine, liked the idea of it being setup like this, he also does corner weight setup, and its the coolest place to wait whilst its being done.
HOWEVER emailed, took a few days to reply, I replied to that email on the 9th, not heard a thing back since, also tried to call a few times, no answer.
Don't feel like I should have to chase this up, it should be the other way round, he should be chasing me. Id loose my job If I left possible new customers hanging like that. Pissed me off tbh, thought it extremely unprofessional. So that's off the cards (n)

Funny, the morning after my last post I got a reply from Ben at String Theory ?

Aaaanyway...

Some bits turned up this week

48394362662_2476df9cf9_c.jpg

Really need a ramp, doing this s**t on my back is killing me off, feel absolutely ruined this morning haha.

48394366197_c70cf97b93_c.jpg

Everyone bangs on about cutting and drilling and burning these out, this literally took seconds..

48394226586_8cc4694d83_c.jpg

These not so easy, but still not bad with the right tools.
Bought myself a massive airline so I didnt need to keep moving the compressor, used air saw and air chisel. Air is such an incredible tool, dunno how I did without it until recently

48394367407_a9174aa27a_c.jpg

Got these so far in, thought that was it as they were stepped and I broke the G clamp getting them this far. Double checked the diagrams on the instructions and turns out they needed to go further, so made another tool

48394226781_c243d64351_c.jpg

48394227961_3103120c79_c.jpg

M10 all thread, offcut of some tube from the Porsche Rotisserie and some 3mm plate.
Again, it's bliss now having a setup where I can bang stuff like this together in 10 mins, id be stuck in the water if I were doing this outside the house lol

All fitted

48394229046_307aac8710_c.jpg

48394230091_ac80dd827a_c.jpg

48394369617_e06343b36b_c.jpg

May do new aux belt and the exhaust mount this afternoon after the German GP

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Funny, the morning after my last post I got a reply from Ben at String Theory ?

Aaaanyway...

Some bits turned up this week

View attachment 1428297

Really need a ramp, doing this s**t on my back is killing me off, feel absolutely ruined this morning haha.

View attachment 1428298

Everyone bangs on about cutting and drilling and burning these out, this literally took seconds..

View attachment 1428299

These not so easy, but still not bad with the right tools.
Bought myself a massive airline so I didnt need to keep moving the compressor, used air saw and air chisel. Air is such an incredible tool, dunno how I did without it until recently

View attachment 1428300

Got these so far in, thought that was it as they were stepped and I broke the G clamp getting them this far. Double checked the diagrams on the instructions and turns out they needed to go further, so made another tool

View attachment 1428301

View attachment 1428302

M10 all thread, offcut of some tube from the Porsche Rotisserie and some 3mm plate.
Again, it's bliss now having a setup where I can bang stuff like this together in 10 mins, id be stuck in the water if I were doing this outside the house lol

All fitted

View attachment 1428303

View attachment 1428304

View attachment 1428305

May do new aux belt and the exhaust mount this afternoon after the German GP
Just fitted the pms arb and purple beam bushes to mine. It took lots of time but we got there in the end. Not had chance to really test it yet though but the old bushes definatly needed replacing.

Forgot to mention, I bought the rubber boot kit along with the PMS ARB, don't waste your time if you're thinking about getting them, I managed to get the top ones on but it turned out impossible to fit the bottom ones without cutting a part off, when I did manage to get them on, I turned the bolt instead of the nut and it spun and ripped without me realising, took it back apart and binned em :ROFLMAO:

Just fitted the pms arb and purple beam bushes to mine. It took lots of time but we got there in the end. Not had chance to really test it yet though but the old bushes definatly needed replacing.

Yep, mine were a bit of a mess, had gone real soft.
It made a difference on the drive back, just felt firmer. But wont really be tested for a while, cant wait to see the difference at Anglesey from the last time I went, especially with all the front bits going on.

Took me hours, but that's because I'm lazy and people kept coming to the unit distracting me, spent more time chilling on the sofas chatting than working I think.
Got home at 2am :ROFLMAO:

Guess what... that blasted cup PAS line I fitted is leaking

48409026432_f019cba144_c.jpg

Think its cracked on the join, the leaks lower than the thread for the switch... So off it comes again, going to try welding it up at work.
We did a repair on a PAS line last week for the garage over the road, worked fine so hopefully be the same on this.
Please someone just kill me, has to be the worst job on these cars?
Anything worse than PAS line removal @MicKPM? lol

Started on exhaust mount though.

48408873346_f79c535239_c.jpg

These 3d printed @Kev@KAM ?

Hammerited the life out of it to stop it doing what the Prima one did.

48408873446_d480f0405e_c.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
One of the front arb bushes is a right pain in the arse, the other ones are a piece of piss. I think it's the inners that are poo. In fact, I dont think it's the fitting, I think it's the refitting and getting the clamps down that was a pain.

Still good work again toby. The pms mounts are a nice easy fix to do and I really rate them. Thought typed be hard as hell but they are not. I dont have the brace but as you do, it'll make it easier to line up the line to drill the bolt holes.

I do like the look of the honeycomb rear mounts. Look quite a decent design where they offer a bit of flex but still remain hard.

I keep looking into doing the rear beam bushes and getting the powerflex kit. What's the process? Drop the beam fully but keep all the lines intact? Not looked into it as much. I like the idea of rear shock bushes too. Mine are pretty good when I fitted them. But I know they wear and you cant just buy those from Renault so it may make sense to change those too.

Reading this project is a great inspiration. Shame about C&M/String Theory taking there time in returning comms. I take it your not going there for it now? I'm looking at heading up there on the 18th if your over that way?

One of the front arb bushes is a right pain in the arse, the other ones are a piece of piss. I think it's the inners that are poo. In fact, I dont think it's the fitting, I think it's the refitting and getting the clamps down that was a pain.

Still good work again toby. The pms mounts are a nice easy fix to do and I really rate them. Thought typed be hard as hell but they are not. I dont have the brace but as you do, it'll make it easier to line up the line to drill the bolt holes.

I do like the look of the honeycomb rear mounts. Look quite a decent design where they offer a bit of flex but still remain hard.

I keep looking into doing the rear beam bushes and getting the powerflex kit. What's the process? Drop the beam fully but keep all the lines intact? Not looked into it as much. I like the idea of rear shock bushes too. Mine are pretty good when I fitted them. But I know they wear and you cant just buy those from Renault so it may make sense to change those too.

Reading this project is a great inspiration. Shame about C&M/String Theory taking there time in returning comms. I take it your not going there for it now? I'm looking at heading up there on the 18th if your over that way?

Yeah, we swapped the bushes at my old place, the inner ARB ones, just with OE stuff and it was a right pain in the arse (MOT advisory) and that was on a ramp with loads of people to help.
I'll be doing these on my own on my back with f**k all space, can't wait :ROFLMAO:

Yeah the top mounts look pretty simple, everyone says ill regret fitting them, but everyone with them in a clio seems to say they're fine.
It's not exactly going to be comfy anyway is it with all the powerflex bushes etc haha.

Beam bushes are fairly easy, just time consuming. Could be tricky without an arsenal of tools though.

1st up, undoo lower shock bolts to allow you to remove the springs, then do them back up.
Then the 3 nuts either side to drop the mounting points down low enough to remove the bolt through the bush.
Also undo the bracket to the left that holds all the brake lines up, else ull f**k the lines.
Then I supported the beam on 2 944 wheels (other wheels are fine too), i dropped the shock bolt out on the side I was working on to get it a bit lower, but do be aware of the brake lines. drivers side will go lower than the passenger because of them.
Then remove rubber then metal sleeve, press back in.
U'll need a tool like mine to get them back in, they're pressed normally but obv on the car you cant really use an actual press.
Then do it all back up, fitting a PMS ARB whilst you're there ;)

Yeah not bothering with them, maybe at a later date once everything has settled, depends on price still.
If I see him there one time I'll have a chat about it.

I'm at Retro Rides Gathering then mate at Shelsley Walsh hill climb. The clios on reserves list for the hill :cool:
Come to that instead

Thursday at work I tried to get the PAS line repaired, welded it up once, tested it, still leaked. Welded around it again, still leaked but less, ran out of time to do it again.
This was the original bit before welding, weather that was a crack I don't know as I didn't bother testing before welding, but yeah...

48444051481_d691ab6a79_c.jpg

Ran all the way around it and over the crack, wasnt the nicest stuff to weld, dont know what actual steel theyre made from. used just normal mild wire at 1st.

48444051936_f5fc523008_c.jpg

Thursday night after work I decided to fit the rack bushes, as i had better access and couldn't do anything else.

48444052471_f6a2360ba9_c.jpg

These were a bit loose so banged them a bit tighter in the vice, had to hold with the spanner to undo the one.

48444206927_e520a4cf08_c.jpg

Why they make them so long I don't know, so annoying when you're on your back with no room to move your arms.

48444207267_b16ca73e62_c.jpg

Did them in a little under 3 hours, at a relaxed pace. Would be a lot quicker if I did it again now I understand how everything comes off and how to access everything.
Hardest part was getting the one that has a locating pin off, and the new one on, as you can barely move it enough to get around it, then there's no room/not enough hands to pull it out. Half the time on a ramp I bet.

Anyway, went into work early on Friday and managed to completely fix the leak.
Used A32 wire and upped the amps more, did the trick.

48444054051_1cef66a3d8_c.jpg

Found some dark green hammerite, no brush though so my finger in a latex glove would have to do.

48444208342_2fcea2fbd3_c.jpg

Really had had enough come last night, I was shattered from working almost none stop (straight from work to an hour of traffic and then 3 hours at the unit, was dead.
Did a few hours, managed to fit most of the line back in, but because I was tired I was getting angry with it so called it a day.

This is the absolute t**t of a nut you have to undo....

48444209847_54ab1201da_c.jpg

48444055551_ca7c97df94_c.jpg

Cant see it in those pics but there is another line the other side of it. Getting a normal spanner on is impossible.
When you get the modded spanner on, you have about an 8th of a turn before you have to rotate it to get it another 16th of a turn to get it back on the other way. The more you can do by hand the better, but even that's a pain. There's no way to get on it from below so down this gap is the only real way...

48444056111_dec41d64c1_c.jpg

The heat stuff is fiberglas also, my hands and arms are red raw (was too hot yesterday to wear long sleeves)
Everything gets in the way, you need a torch to see what you're doing but your arm blocks the light no matter where you put it, or the light just gets in the way.
Its honestly the worst thing I've ever had to do :ROFLMAO:

Broke an earth point to the gearbox yesterday when putting the line back in so really I had to stop anyway as I cant but box mount back on until I have a ring connector.

Going to head back and finish it later today, having a lazy morning though for now as I really don't wanna go back to it ?

Probably get that exhaust mount fitted today too.

Forgot to update

I think *touch wood* the leak is fixed, and I hope I never have to touch those power steering lines ever again in my life :ROFLMAO:

48480320206_3d03a7b0c7_c.jpg

Got some serious knocking going on up front now, gradually been getting worse and worse.
Everyone seems to say its lower arm knocking, but something is telling me its CV related, as there's a f**k ton of play in them, more than I think is normal anyway.
Sooo, I've bought a pair of new driveshafts and some new oil for the box, to be fitted when I do everything else this weekend.

Snappy sent me this today :love::love::love::love:

48480329766_442b62dd15_c.jpg

Saturdays progress...

Arrived at the unit for around 12, later than I wanted but I'm never on time for s**t so expected I guess ?

Literally got stuck at the 1st hurdle, shouldn't have even been a hurdle but it well and truly got me

48506422131_4108e5cda0_c.jpg

This one spacer bolt was well and truly stuck, resulting in it rounding off.
Tried both the gun and the bar, nothing got it.
Tried mashing a smaller socket on, rounded it more

Think these H&R bolts are made of cheese
Was going to resort straight to the air chisel, mate suggested welding a bolt onto it though so...

Welded a VW wheel bolt on, this was the result

48506596147_c3a4186df0_c.jpg

Threaded a nut onto that, welded it on, that snapped off
Did the same again, snapped the lot off the Bolt

Welded another VW wheel bolt on, did a full run of weld all the way round, that snapped the bolt in half again
Welded another nut onto that, again with considerably more weld
BOOM, cracked it off.

48506575547_3df7887d7a_c.jpg

48506399736_baa50251eb_c.jpg

48506400036_550a7dd096_c.jpg

This, as you can imagine, set me back a while and put me into a foul mood.
Was angry and had lost all motivation.
Still, I cracked on and stripped down brakes, rod ends, bottom ball joint, wishbone, ARB, coilover, hub etc.

Wanted to get at least one thing back on before I went home. Went for what I expected to be the hardest job.
If I can get that out of the way, it should be plane sailing.

Turns out, it was a piece of piss.
I tried the longer bolt and clamping etc method, as I was doing it I noticed itd be better to clamp it down rather than clamping the mating faces...
I mean I don't want to blow my own trumpet but I feel I had a stroke of absolute genius.

48506401711_23aa331526_c.jpg

Not including the 1st attempt as per most people advise, I had them both back on in about 15 minutes, if that.
No longer bolts, no trying to clamp it to stop it moving. Just 1 2" G clamp, a small screwdriver and a larger screwdriver and boom, bolt was in.

Method...
Clamp down with G clamp enough to get small screwdriver in the holes
Loosen off, use screwdriver to pull it more in line whilst doing clamp back up.
Repeat with larger screwdriver, it should then hold in place allowing you to get the original bolt straight in.

Must be a small G clamp like my 2" as this allows you to still get the bolt in. a 4" would be in the way.
Size isn't everything, sometimes small is better.

I had to cycle home (12 mile) so I didn't stay too late, once these were on I tidied up and headed home.

48506578757_a5b07b7bd2_c.jpg

Everything else sorted tomorrow hopefully.
Back in my Mum's Up! so I can pull a late one and try get it back on its wheels before midnight :ROFLMAO:

Oh and cause I thought it was cool, my trolley of goodies.

48506576612_a6b8efd63d_c.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
A pain in the arse job made easy.

People should definitely use this method as way to do so. Myself and others have struggled doing it the "manual" way and this way is a no brainer.

Not many pics but a brief update

Had to wait for my mom to go shopping before I could nab the car and go to the unit, was 3 before I finally got there.

Drained box oil, swapped both driveshafts and tie rods
drilled holes for top mounts and fitted them and the brace
loosely fitted rod ends, hubs, wishbones.

Wishbones were by far the most difficult thing I've done yet, trying to get the washers in either side of the bush when its tight as hell, killed me off, had enough and went home :ROFLMAO:

48515590876_80642f6df9_c.jpg

48515590466_5506dde6ab_c.jpg

Be finished tomorrow, unless something goes tits up.
Just realised I forgot to measure the bolt for the spacer to get the right one ordered

Sooo as always, I've been having a bit of a mare with this lol! Hence me not updating, been too annoyed by it all to find motivation to write something up.

By Monday evening everything was fitted and the car was back on all 4 wheels.

48523938651_fd782ec84d_c.jpg

Decided to clean the wheels inside and out before getting the tyres swapped over.
Luckily the guys I share the unit with are mad into their cleaning/detailing. So never short on decent cleaning products to steal.

48524106502_c5d86fb3b7_c.jpg

48523944066_159b3027a5_c.jpg

48523943346_263350be2c_c.jpg

How to: fill your clio gearbox up easily

48523945016_4423928fee_c.jpg

48524114912_88228786f3_c.jpg

For some reason, the front sat lower after fitting everything. I'd actually forgotten about this until now with all the other issues I've had.
Not sure if the top mounts may cause it to sit a little lower. I have seen this mentioned before.

48524114947_b8d24ec2d2_c.jpg

Following day (Tuesday) I got to the unit early and raised the car by a fair amount.
Everyone should buy coilover covers, look how mint these are after more than 2 years of daily driving

48534082867_8d94397ca6_c.jpg

The increased castor had pushed the wheels toward the bumper, the widened track from the correction kit had also added to this, meaning it was pretty much sat on the bumper/inner arch.
Once it was sat level, I couldnt help but notice the passenger side wheel looked further forward than the drivers, maybe it was the bumper, I persuaded myself it was the bumper and ignored it.

48533929351_8890d90e97_c.jpg

48533929761_ee69609d73_c.jpg

Got it to A-line for tracking and well, they confirmed the worst.

48534086202_28f9a1eee2_c.jpg

Passenger is indeed further forward for some reason. Was bang on before I fitted all of this, can only assume it's a wishbone.

Noticed on the drive back, steering is very heavy and the wheel doesn't self centralise when you let go.

Instantly jumped to it being the difference in castor.
Almost swapped the wishbones back to the original ones.

Whilst I was starting to remove the wishbone, I noticed how stiff the lower bearing was. Dropped Mark a message, we thing they may have seized a little.
Steering is heavy with both wheels in the air, so this kinda confirms its a bearing issue rather than castor?
Hes sending me some new bearings, so will see if this helps.
Also think I may need new ones in the top mounts too, steering is still tighter than normal with both bottom bearings cracked off.
However, this does seem to be getting better after driving too and from work a couple of times. Kinda hoping it fixes itself, and the castor difference I'll come to at a later date I think. May buy new cup wishbones and swap the bushes over, as these were a pair of used ones I cleaned up.

Looks great with the wheels spaced out so far, but it's not usable so I'm changing my spacer setup.

48546168061_36750c5899_c.jpg

48546323597_1457376a19_c.jpg

Ordered PMS stud conversion today and 10mm spacers instead of the 20mm H&R spacers. This should put it back to how it was before without the correction kit fitted.

Another thing I thought was a massive problem turned out to be only minor.
The clunking noise I assumed was suspension related was still there, upon me trying different things whilst driving to see when it did it, and when it didnt. I got home and concluded it had to be the dogbone mount, despite checking it and it looking fine the other day.
Had it on the ramp at the garage opposite work today and confirmed the Evol mount has given up.
Waiting on a reply from him about replacement inserts.

Honestly thought it was a clutch spring shitting itself, thought I was going to be pulling the box before Anglesey.

Talking of boxes, put the actual correct oil in and the crunches into 3rd isnt half as bad as it was before.
Ran oil for years that was recommended as being better than OE on here by a fair few guys, certainly is not if your synchros are worn.

Feeling a load better about the car today, after having a shitty few days with it. Mad how much it can get you down, after ploughing so much money and time in and it all feeling like its going wrong lol.

Even treated it to some auto finesse products, its getting a full polish on Saturday ahead of Retro Rides Gathering.
This is on the hillclimb in the morning session, come say hi if you're there. If anyone is there with a camera, get some shots of it on the hill and ill love you longtime.

Wrote this up for Retro Rides forum, but I guess its all the same.

Been a little slow to update, had an absolute mad one Saturday before the Gathering, feel like I've only just recovered, ready to do it all again for Curborough this weekend.

I'm gonna start with the time I finally locked the gate outside the unit ready to head home Sunday morning.

48593394237_7ed6416700_c.jpg

By the time i got home and into bed and set my alarm for 6, you know that little thing that pops up saying "alarm set for x hours x minutes... Well this said 2 hours 15 LOL

Anyway..

Started Saturday at about midday, snowfoamed it

48593248531_bef0797cdc_c.jpg

Shampood it twice, went to dry it and it was still dirty so went over it again.
Covered the thing in fallout remover, washed off
Got any tar off with tar remover and dried it all.

48593249446_927d3ecea5_c.jpg

Already looking a million times better

Pulled it into the unit to start on some other jobs.

1st up, studs

48593391537_414b607c57_c.jpg

48593250361_a8bfdff0a0_c.jpg

Spent 3 blasted hours claying the car, but my god did it make a difference, the paint is so smooth now its amazing

48593392582_bbd5c9bbc6_c.jpg

Time to start polishing, I didnt really get any pictures of this, one bad comparison shot

48593252161_763852274b_c.jpg

One of the guys I share the unit with popped by and did some polishing for me, whilst I sorted fitting the wheel.

48593252446_9059eb1e12_c.jpg

It's getting very late now, so taking pictures is the last thing on my mind.
But I wasnt going to stop half way through so i soldiered on, machine polished the entire car, sealed it, waxed it, hoovered it, put wheels back on and tadaaa, was done, by about half 2 in the morning.

Some shots from the hill I got off of Stuart - capture your car photography.
A little over edited for my liking, but I managed to grab the raw copies too to add my own touch, when I can be bothered.

48594492176_af45a7b54b_c.jpg

48594627402_31d9536dab_c.jpg

48594626337_4b30d55054_c.jpg

48594632667_10f9f47270_c.jpg

48594494681_fe6195a66d_c.jpg

48594634247_2f5c28abac_c.jpg

48594633512_51c112b703_c.jpg

48594496136_cd64f6fb0f_c.jpg

48594494276_7d9eccfeb5_c.jpg

48594492611_f1d9873ab2_c.jpg

Monday after work I popped to the unit to grab all my stuff as I'd left it all there in a mess.
Whilst I was there, finally gotten round to fitting the new exhaust hanger

48593415587_c4217bea20_c.jpg

Aaand my ECU bracket/heat shield

48593416167_b279e78b5e_c.jpg

Today I managed to sort the dogbone mount, as it turned out this was fucked too

48613262423_cf3982d304_c.jpg

As always with this car, this fixed one issue but highlighted another.
I've still got a knock coming from something when i break/accelerate. So I guess further investigation is needed still.
Maybe one day ill actually fix an issue and that'll be it, there wont be anything left to replace.

Oh, fitted the smaller 10mm spacers when I did the studs. I now have no rubbing issues up front at all, which is nice.
Fixed my gopro too so will have video footage from Curborough on Monday
Shame I couldn't sort it before the gathering but I simply ran out of time.

More to come soon I suppose 😂

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Isn’t the knocking on breaking/accelerating the exhaust hitting the subframe? I’m sure I read that it’s common for this to happen. Definitely happened on my old one.

Sooooo
Went Curborough
Did one lap, smoke coming into the cab and out of the bay, stopped, looked, realised I'd not put brake fuild cap back on properly.
Thought mint, all sorted.
Got a quarter into the second run and the car completely died on me.
And that was my day at Curborough

Suspected Crank position sensor, went ECP to get one, didnt work. Ordered OE renault one with repair loom just.

48626388412_77722de93d_c.jpg

48626242731_a3696e0976_c.jpg

48625895838_2c0b4d4f7a_c.jpg

48626245581_9898121c1a_c.jpg

Surprised I didnt jst tell him to take it to the scrap yard 😂

Quick one before I go to sleep

Bad earth to ECU was the fault, main one which goes from the box into the main loom from ECU)

Sorted that today and then instantly discovered another issue 😂

48660221752_7436c59ac0_c.jpg

Considering I've spent lots of time and money pampering this, it really does hate me atm for some reason.

Fixed

48668115732_0c7018864e_c.jpg

Had to modify the heat shield thing slightly, so thats being painted again currently
Also ordered a new ITG air filter as this one is starting to literally fall apart. And a slam panel seal thing as mine has fallen completely apart.

Hoping thats the last of it for a bit, it's almost bankrupted me 😂

Been a while since I updated

Not done much to the car, Anglesey has been and gone though.

This happened again whilst on track

48838248218_800b6f74eb_c.jpg

My front wheels almost fell off too due to PMS studs all working loose from the heat.
Anyone managed to fix this issue? I've seen its a common thing for stud conversions on track.

48836309128_b7e9776cf0_c.jpg

This was my temp fix for the alternator, thanks to the friendly guys in the 182 in the garage next to us.
Aparently im a mad man for going back out on track like this hahahaha

Anyway, I'm now running an M8 sized one, just like @Dr Jekyll we both kinda made them at the same time, he took better pictures of his though.

48838619976_c62f9effc6_c.jpg

48838796522_09337f82ac_c.jpg

Didnt really like many of the pics from Anglesey again, which is a shame as it got such picturesque backdrops

Heres the only one I'm happy with

48843390947_3b62a749e1_c.jpg

This ones alright I guess too

48843209186_544647d0e0_c.jpg

Anyone else just really like Wales though?

48836939252_0b02973e9e_c.jpg

Did some little bits the other week

Cleaned all the exposed bearings
Dropped the height by 5mm up front and got tracking done again. Finally got round to swapping my air filter

49007952906_675c242bc7_c.jpg

Old one was starting to break up so swaped for another ITG one

Sorted the usual fog light dash light issue, atleast I think I have

Went to Trax Silvertone, was on a stand, took no pictures

Went to Dubclub for the track toy special

49007937716_22f2692401_c.jpg

There were LOADS of clios there, anyone in here?

Got accepted into the final Dubclub of the year the following week too..

49007427803_f6683170aa_c.jpg

49007427813_8c37f79e51_c.jpg

49007963026_673dfc295f_c.jpg

Seemed to get loads of love there, normally it gets no attention at all at shows, had loads of people complineting it at Dubclub though.
Such a cool meet in a sick location too. Will be going to may more next year.

Couple of videos from Anglesey

International GP layout, with my air freshener and swearing at an R33

Coastal layout, after tuition

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Unsure what they supply but should be pretty good. Just a high temp studlock should suffice, 270/271

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I may have took more pics but your welding is better! For what little time it took and the extra security in tapping/threading and going up from m6 to m8, I think its worth it. If you break it now, then your driving it to hard, clearly.

Car looks great mate, always does. Shame you didnt get more pics at anglesey as like you said, it's a very picturesque track. Do love the cable tie trick and it held well, but not sure I'd of gone back out but your more mad than me!!

Shame about the studs. Does worry you but maybe some stronger loctight would be an idea. Odd as that's what's supplied with the kit. The threads not slightly stripped or stretched has it?

Also, thanks for all the heads up regarding the cup setup recently. Always nice to get help from other members. 👍