ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B*stard Wheel Nuts!

Ive had two wheel nuts snap as i was taking off my rear wheels and one more when taking off my fronts!

Whats Happening can it be because the nuts are just nackard or could it be another reason! Should i replace all my nuts?? Has this happened to anyone else??

Cheers Siggsy:mad:

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Yes REPLACE all your nuts if 2 have broken. Can be very dangerous as the amount of pressure on any other week nuts could snap while your driving.

Siggsy, I have had a least six broken wheel bolts on my valver, all front, Its is cause they are cheap nasty renault ones made from weak alloy, and they are soft. They stretch when you tighten them a little, and then sieze, so when you go to take them off they just shear at the waist caused by the slight stretch. To stop this put some copaslip on the threads when putting wheel bolts in. To get them off more easily than drilling, whip disc off and use vice grips on threaded section that remains on inside of disc, cause there is no pressure they usually move failry easily. hope that helps. Dont worry about them snapping on car, it is very unlikely to happen, but dont run about with less than the full four bolts on each wheel, although I will admit to doing it myself for a short spell.

Alex M