ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back In The RS Clio World, Can Anyone Help Me With Its History (Pics)

RB 182
Well went upto Newcastle for this yesterday - bought it for abit of trackday summer fun, but also to use as a daily from April to Sept

20130112_161413_zpsb3a40871.jpg

20130113_095943_zps31d899fa.jpg

20130113_095959_zps4c9c9b34.jpg

Im sure the seller will agree, he very very vague with his descriptions! I really went blind, but for the price i wasnt bothered!

All i know so far is its got 76000 miles, which according to MOT history and bit of documented history, appears to be correct. It apparently has an RS Tuner remap - whats this?! Its really loud, ive yet to look under it but i suspect its decatted, its sitting on Yokohama Parada Spec 2s with good tread, and when i tuned on the lights tonight, i was pleasantly suprised to discover some nice HIDs, very OEM looking

Can anyone help with its history? Its had the regs A18RSX in 2010, and M20RTE in 2012

Just would like to know where its been and what its had done to it if poss!

Oh, and the steering wheel is leather - weren't they alcantara on the PH1?

Cheers!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
On face value, bargain. Belts been done? Mind you at that price run it until it blows up lol

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I would LOVE a sunflower PH1 :dapprove:

Is it me or has it had a bad bonnet respray ? Then again yellow is hard to match! :(

EDIT: £600?! bargin :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would LOVE a sunflower PH1 :dapprove:

Is it me or has it had a bad bonnet respray ? Then again yellow is hard to match! :(

EDIT: £600?! bargin :)

Its thirteen years old mate if its got the original paint I'd be surprised

RB 182
Well ive put a new battery on so it now starts and runs. Its running like its cammed though, bit lumpy, nothing to worry about

Belts due last yr - only 20k since last done 6 yrs ago though going off history. Not bothered as was always gonna do the belts on whatever i bought

Paintwise appears good, slight damage to OSF wing which will eventually mean a new wing if i decide to make it pretty

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Thought it was Middos when I first saw it, plate not quite right tho! :) Bonnet pins = maybe an ITB conversion at somepoint perhaps?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Thats three! :) Doesnt mean they know how to treat their cars well just coz they pay £10 to join tho :p Always interesting to look through old threads about the car from previous owners. Hope the links above helped Faxo, enjoy the car. No previous ITB's by the look of the threads, just a previous paranoid owner!

RB 182
Was reading back the threads on the suspected 2nd Owner - Missing Link

Mentions an LSD a few times then before that an engine transplant, then before that he says its blue so unsure its same car...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Mentions an LSD a few times then before that an engine transplant, then before that he says its blue so unsure its same car...

3rd!

Its earlier than those posts :) Plus the second guy said he got it off him! And likewise the first guy that put up the £600 add said he got it from the 2nd guy.

RB 182
Cheers guys, a little clearer now - its funny to see it with the flocked dash and steering wheel, i presume this is why it now has a non sport one and also the standard dash is in

That martysph1 comfirms in one of his posts thats it been RS Tuned so it pops and bangs - ive yet to find this out with no t&t

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

I know this guy. He had an oddeysey (Also bought that off him) That had an engine transplant. Not sure about the diff though, Maybe that was just talk. Hes never metiond to me about it in any of the cars! But he got rid of the sunflower as it was too nice to track and was standard at the time and got the blue one. Went to a guy in newcastle who modded it to how it is now afetr that.

Cheers guys, a little clearer now - its funny to see it with the flocked dash and steering wheel, i presume this is why it now has a non sport one and also the standard dash is in

That martysph1 comfirms in one of his posts thats it been RS Tuned so it pops and bangs - ive yet to find this out with no t&t

In reply to this, You have my steering wheel, Dash etc as i done a swap with marty before he sold it to the guy you got it off. AFAIK the car has a full k-tec exhaust with De cat.

Went to look at this when Airs owned it, just after mine got written off, sadly it was out of my budget otherwise I'd have bought it.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I was very nearly tempted to have a punt at this but the advert was just too vague/sketchy.

I hope this works out for you mate, always glad to see the rare ones being saved!

RB 182
I was very nearly tempted to have a punt at this but the advert was just too vague/sketchy.

I hope this works out for you mate, always glad to see the rare ones being saved!

Very vague!

Worth a punt though, been pricing up belts today - genuine full belt kit, aux belt kit and water pump £200