ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad luck with my 182!

clio 182 cup
Ive had exceptionally bad luck with my clio 182- owned it a month now and so far its had a new exhaust, belt and tensioner change (both together av cost over a grand!!), Now needs Dephaser doing, Coil spring doing and the xenon washer is leaking into the fog light! Should I just get rid???!!! Its a lovely car 57k FSH (not convinced its genuine now tho!) Neat and tidy body work and new shiny anthracite alloys......Should I just quit now im starting to think it may have been abused slightly by the previous owner!

Impreza Wagon
Seems like it's hit or miss with these cars and people never look into the belts when buying and then get stung for it. I've only had my 182 a few days and it needs a new ABS ring but it's 6 years old so I'd expect some parts to be worn out.

Everything your doing is common faults on the car mate.

Standard exhaust is made of cheese.
Belts are a must for the cars age/mileage.
Dephaser should of really been done when the belts were done in the first place.
Coil springs can go on any car.
The xenon washer is common aswell. Most people disconnect the hoses or block them up

Exhaust you should have spotted when you bought it. Belts you should have known about too.

Washers always leak.

Cars are expensive. That's just their nature. It's not brand new anymore. Parts wear out. Parts need replacing.

Looking for 182
Stick with it if you can. I had a terrible first 6 weeks of ownership which cost me around £2.5-3k to keep it on the road. It's incredibly depressing thinking about it now, but I'd waited 8 years to get a car I wanted, so I wasn't ready to give up.

As Revels says, this is all just part and parcel of owning a car, especially one which is about 6 years old.

BTW you've no real reason to question the miles IMO. It left the factory with half the problems you've mentioned ;)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
welcome to F4R Land....step right up for the hall of mirrors, followed by the maze of f**king pita and absolute frustration and the field of bullshit niggles

A++++++++ would come again great fun

RB 182 Gordini
Just been reading about your troubles! Harsh!

This isn't supposed to sound how it comes accross but did you buy this car over the phone??? Surely if you were paying good money for a car you would check it out first i.e Get underneath it and check for rust and flaking. Did the person you bought it off drive a yellow 3 wheeler and wear a chain with the initial D on it?

I would be pissed don't get me wrong, was it a privite sale or trade as you should get a 3 month warrenty at least if it was trade.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Ive had exceptionally bad luck with my clio 182- owned it a month now and so far its had a new exhaust, belt and tensioner change (both together av cost over a grand!!), Now needs Dephaser doing, Coil spring doing and the xenon washer is leaking into the fog light! Should I just get rid???!!! Its a lovely car 57k FSH (not convinced its genuine now tho!) Neat and tidy body work and new shiny anthracite alloys......Should I just quit now im starting to think it may have been abused slightly by the previous owner!

I think it could be to do with the mileage. Your suspicious now and suspicious that it may of been abused too. Fear not, once you've sorted these faults it'll be a while before anything else crops up.

clio 182 cup
Just been reading about your troubles! Harsh!

This isn't supposed to sound how it comes accross but did you buy this car over the phone??? Surely if you were paying good money for a car you would check it out first i.e Get underneath it and check for rust and flaking. Did the person you bought it off drive a yellow 3 wheeler and wear a chain with the initial D on it?

I would be pissed don't get me wrong, was it a privite sale or trade as you should get a 3 month warrenty at least if it was trade.

Wish i had of...at least the there would be a decent excuse!! Unfortunately these problems only cropped up between when i got the car (1st of jan) and now! Belt changes had supposedly been done in the service book but there was no receipt for it so thought its better to be safe than sorry! Didnt think to check the exhaust in all fairness though as I only found it was a common problem after researching on here (it wasnt blowing either)!!! had a little 1.2 clio b4 nothing eva went wrong on it and exhaust was sound as a pound, so I thought it would be the same if not better on a higher spec car! How wrong was I?!!
And we did get it cheap too so by the time ive paid out all the stuff to sort then it will stand me in the same as what it would of cost already done!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Exhaust + Cam is own fault for not checking.

Washers, just disconect them.

Coil is easy to replace, could probs get one off here for about 50p.

If not get some eibachs.

clio 182 cup
does anyone know why the service and airbag lights would intermittently go on and off (prob really really dumb ass question/ simple answer) but I am a bird lol!

Milltek'd clio 182
its a typical renault mate, i have owned mine for six months an only has 26k on the clock, i have had the belts and tensioners changed, a new alternator, new rear discs and pads, needs two new front springs and a new coil pack, a sensor that goes behind the brake pedal, and a new exhaust system, which im replacing with a milltek. i also have a random leak coming from somewhere that makes the carpet under me seat wet lol. other than that there brilliant to drive, lovely motorway cars, handle lovely. but its the up keep and maintance that comes with the price tag lol. so up to you fella, if i buy another a car it will probaly not be a renault as ive had 3 of them now and will consider changing if i ever get bored of this one lol

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Unlucky. The belts all need to come off again for the dephaser change, too.

THis ^

If you have just had the belts done the person doing the belts should have checked over the dephaser pulley to see if it was suitable for returning to the car-
Now your paying for new belts again
S

clio 182 cup
its a typical renault mate, i have owned mine for six months an only has 26k on the clock, i have had the belts and tensioners changed, a new alternator, new rear discs and pads, needs two new front springs and a new coil pack, a sensor that goes behind the brake pedal, and a new exhaust system, which im replacing with a milltek. i also have a random leak coming from somewhere that makes the carpet under me seat wet lol. other than that there brilliant to drive, lovely motorway cars, handle lovely. but its the up keep and maintance that comes with the price tag lol. so up to you fella, if i buy another a car it will probaly not be a renault as ive had 3 of them now and will consider changing if i ever get bored of this one lol
Actually im a chick lol!

clio 182
you just have to drop on with these sort of cars mate i bought mine with full service history and a recipt saying cam belt had been done had it two week and the cam belt jumped so i had to pay 1050 for a recon engine with 6 months warranty then tyhe garage who fit the new engine didnt put loctight on the flywheel bolts so the flywheel came off and caused everything to jam. so engine was back out and sent off luckily the place where i bought the engine fixed it for free but i still had to pay 1300 for a new flywheel, clutch, sensor and bolts plus fitting. touch wood its running amazing at the min.