ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

Oh right ok. Sounds simple enough. (I've ordered a pack but I'm very impatient!)

It is one of those tests that you shoud not be allowed to tie your own shoe laces if you fail. But at the same time you could easily make a stupid mistake in the flags section that you have to get 100% correct.

A guy on mine failed the driving bit, he'd never driven on track before though.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have about 20 tabs open of potential cars lol

I'm gutted I just spent a load of money on one of the 182's. it would have been a perfect candidate!!

You watch all the cheap 172's start creeping up in price now!!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I'm gutted I just spent a load of money on one of the 182's. it would have been a perfect candidate!!

You watch all the cheap 172's start creeping up in price now!!

Surely you have enough parts to build one between you and Sam?

P.S cant seem to find any ARDS tests at Combe so that plan has failed at first hurdle!

Lotus Elise
Surely you have enough parts to build one between you and Sam?

P.S cant seem to find any ARDS tests at Combe so that plan has failed at first hurdle!

If you go to a different circuit it will mean when you race there its not your first outing ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Let me guess......old ginetta spec tyres?

Yeah. Epic value.
Especially at what Fred buys them for.

no worries tony I understand there has to be a line, just a shame as they work out so much cheaper.
Still got a couple sets of a048 and 888 knocking about though

Lotus Elise
Yeah. Epic value.
Especially at what Fred buys them for.

no worries tony I understand there has to be a line, just a shame as they work out so much cheaper.
Still got a couple sets of a048 and 888 knocking about though

​Stupidly good tyre, great for upsetting GT3 owners.

I'm in on this. My plan was to start racing next year. This sounds like it suits my budget :)
Now to get my race license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
What are people's budget for even thinking of doing this for set up and one years racing etc.

WRX
Ian mentioned about 7k, don't think it would be far off really.

Bare minimum guesstimates, fully expecting to have to pay a bit more before anybody tries to correct me:

I have budgeted roughly £2-2500 to get me and the car ready : cage, cutoff switches, fire ext, seat, harness, suit, gloves, boots etc.

Will need a set of dry tyres @ £500

£6-700 for all necessary documentation. Licence, ARDS test, Membership fees, medical etc.

So essentially I envisage spending up to £3500 before my first quali.

If the races stay at about £300 entry then I guess you might get away with saying anything between £600 - £1000 per event depending on your travel arrangements,fuel and consumable usage etc.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Haven't really worked it out, might do a deep down list of everything (including stuff I already have) to show how much it'll cost from start to finish.

Take it you keeping your car road legal, and driving to each race/event?

WRX
Only an issue if you bin it bad enough you cant drive home.

Not a direct answer to your statement Chip as I agree entirely but for others considering....

​Still could be worth a gamble if budget's tight, you could pay for a few recoveries before equalling the cost of a decent trailer but depends if you want to take the chance. Also tow car and trailer give you somewhere to keep spare wheels and tools etc. Also depends on whether you ave space at home for a trailer. Could always "risk" an A frame;)