ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

172 Race Car
I know the Burpspeed racer isnt road legal but i think in the 4years its been ragged around race tracks its only been undrivable about twice when put back on the trailer after a race weekend. If i was entering this series (and I would be if it didnt come with a divorce) then id drive to the circuit in the car.

almost everybody drives to trackdays. Only difference is the risk of contact, and then its probably just panel damage. risk of mechanical failures are the same as with trackdays. Of course if you have the luxuary of tow vehicle and trailer then great

172 Race Car
Fooking hell enough to put me off straight away lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Flol. You will spend about £1,000 before you have the licence and kit ready to race, before the cost of a car and race fees.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I know the Burpspeed racer isnt road legal but i think in the 4years its been ragged around race tracks its only been undrivable about twice when put back on the trailer after a race weekend. If i was entering this series (and I would be if it didnt come with a divorce) then id drive to the circuit in the car.

almost everybody drives to trackdays. Only difference is the risk of contact, and then its probably just panel damage. risk of mechanical failures are the same as with trackdays. Of course if you have the luxuary of tow vehicle and trailer then great

Yeah I normally drive to trackdays and work on the basis that if I do smash the car up and have to go back to fetch it with a trailer at a later date its less hassle than always taking it there.

Although that said now that we are tending to take two cars and use them both, Im considering swapping to trailering one if only to have a tow vehicle to leave spares and tyres and tools in etc, as before when we were taking 2 cars but only using one on track a lot of the time we were able to put those bits in the other one.

Less of an issue if you know afew others who are going though and hence can use their tools and spares etc anyway :)

172 Race Car
Not worrying me as such I was just surprised at the cost for just the license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Its all in the thread.

Go racing pack £60
ARDS test £250
Medical £??
​Licence £56 (then renewed every year)

I don't mind spending money on the kit and the car I'm used to that it's just the paperwork I don't like paying for lol.

Ok I need to do more research

182cup & 172 racecar
Usually goes like this.

Snett
Rockingham
Silverstone (invitation)
Castle Combe
Brands
Mallory
Cadwell
Oulton
Donington (winter invitation triple header)

So that's over 2k without the invitation races. Best not add it up really.

182cup & 172 racecar
Might have an idea on the tyre front as well, but need to look into it a little further yet.

So don't bombard me with questions about it, as I cannot/will not answer you.

WRX
Each driver gets allocated a tyre that has been slated as a ditchfinder on CS? Gopro footage to give their own take on it. Trophy if they make it to the chequered flag

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I vote for "hero's" anyone how can get to the circuit alone on them wins a prize!

Tony hurry up and get "The Spec" sorted I feel the need to start spending :D

182cup & 172 racecar
I vote for "hero's" anyone how can get to the circuit alone on them wins a prize!

Tony hurry up and get "The Spec" sorted I feel the need to start spending :D

You think this is a 5 min job, everything I think off has to be shown to Steve from Track Attack, and passed by him (even though he basically said get on with it).

​Buy a Clio, that will get you started.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What are people's budget for even thinking of doing this for set up and one years racing etc.

We've put £7000 aside for the first year. With a buffer should we need it. The helmet, suit, licence etc eats away at the start up cost!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
You think this is a 5 min job, everything I think off has to be shown to Steve from Track Attack, and passed by him (even though he basically said get on with it).

​Buy a Clio, that will get you started.

Not 5mins.. prob 10mins to find your reading glasses and then 5mins ;)

You know I jest.. the hospitality is too good at your camp to p!ss you off :D

WRX
Tony, do you have any idea on whether we'll be able to aid brake cooling if required :remove fogs, arch liners etc.?