ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

Interested to see what comes of 2 drivers sharing before I put my name down, dad has recently had a bad road racing accident so is looking for a safer alternative!

182cup & 172 racecar
Interested to see what comes of 2 drivers sharing before I put my name down, dad has recently had a bad road racing accident so is looking for a safer alternative!
Even if nothing changed, would it really be the end of the world if one of you had to start at the back now and again?

I doubt it.

Clio.
Sounds a lot more appealing than the 750 182 K-Tec series.

Agree on that one!

Unless someone has mentioned it already.... (Haven't read entire thread) a handicap system could be done to make it closer? Someone with 160bhp and can peddle is sometimes quicker than someone with 180bhp and can't peddle it.

Last edited:
  RS6 C7
I'd love to have a go but i think i need to learn how to drive properly on track first!

This has given me some inspiration to get working on my 172 though!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The only way you'll get better is practice. So get out there and practice!

RS6 C7
The only way you'll get better is practice. So get out there and practice!

That's why I'm going to get the 172 in a road worthy state! A few track days would be a good start!

Edit,

Iv'e changed my mind, The 172 needs about 2k spending on it to get it roadworthy so i may aswell by a 172 cup with half of the work done!

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
Agree on that one!

Unless someone has mentioned it already.... (Haven't read entire thread) a handicap system could be done to make it closer? Someone with 160bhp and can peddle is sometimes quicker than someone with 180bhp and can't peddle it.

​No and No.

Clio.
Ah well, it works with other motorsport races....:S I think they like to call it win ballast.
My point was to eliminate the chequebook engineers......but as usual the CS keyboard warriors were awake at the time.

Last edited:
  330i. E30 Touring.
The elimination has already been done though, by limiting the spec to standard-ish cars.

Basically means that the cars will be 90% the same. It's all down to driver and setup.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
James got 15" on his and has 4 pots.

indeed, and 4 pots are slimmer profile than standard calipers, as are the 6 pots and 300mm that I have under 15" wheels myself on my clio turbo.

anyway, tony has clarified its standard disks and calipers now anyway so its acedemic.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
There's a bit more to race craft than having done a few trackdays, but everyone starts somewhere.

This could be the start of something very exciting!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Just as a rough guide, how many are seriously interested.

1 Nick172cup (Herbert)

He's probably seriously interested, but id put money on Nick breaking the car before it's completed and selling it all off just as most of his other projects ;) :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He's probably seriously interested, but id put money on Nick breaking the car before it's completed and selling it all off just as most of his other projects ;) :p

Maybe this one having a meaningful purpose will be the difference.

Lol. Cheers dude! ;)

I've always wanted to race, but have either fallen short of cash at the time or been fucked about by going racing in pairs.

This series is cheap, and I can actually sell bits off my car to standardise it and have money in my pocket so its win win in my eyes. Plus its more alluring than before, purely as the class ill be in will be more competitive rather than racing with cars way out of my league/bank balance.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The two smallest classes in the french trophy last weekend had one car in each.

So the bare minimum to be allowed out, appears to be 1.

WRX
The two smallest classes in the french trophy last weekend had one car in each.

So the bare minimum to be allowed out, appears to be 1.

Yeah with me and Nick looking like we're spectators, who've taken a wrong turn and ended on track

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah with me and Nick looking like we're spectators, who've taken a wrong turn and ended on track

I disagree, I can throw a standard 172 round mallory quicker than the slowest people at the weekend were doing in the other classes.

I think you are underestimating how slow some of the people out on that track were!