ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Relocation to Front of Engine Bay Thread - Can't Find It

PH1 172 Sport
I know i've seen on here somewhere some pictures of when someone moved the battery to the front of the engine bay so that they could run a filter straight off the T/B without having to run additional battery cable.

I've been looking for it for about 3 hours now has anyone got it saved or know what thread it is?!

Cheers

SQ5
Was it not a smaller odyssey battery which was laid on
it's side on top of the gearbox mount?

53 Clio's & counting
Id get a race battery and lay it down on the battery tray mate,easy option and as Jay has pointed out will not move any more weight forward

PH1 172 Sport
A standard battery?

So moving a 15kg weight further forward,?

Yeah it was a standard battery. Didn't really think about the weight shift TBH. I've worked out that I can do it by moving the stock battery 10cm forward (in its tray) but I need to try and work out what to do with the ECU. Hence looking for inspiration.

I'm not sure I can afford a race battery (though this is ideally what I want). What one would I need taking into account I have the front speakers amped and a small sub in the boot (only listen to stereo with engine running anyway)?

172 Race Car
PC925 or Racing 30 imo

Similar weight to a stock battery just smaller and non spillable.

Not really worth it for the gains from straight inlet tbh, ie: little to none

PH1 172 Sport
Yeah too much money for little to no gains especially seeing they are no lighter. I might just try to make a better heat shield for my ITG open filter then as although the one ive bodged together works it looks crap!

RS RIP
23082009003.jpg

Mine really improved with the straight inlet !

Layed the ecu on it's side after removing the bracket from it.

battery went to the spare-wheel compartiment i'm afraid

CLIO PH1 172
23082009003.jpg

Mine really improved with the straight inlet !

Layed the ecu on it's side after removing the bracket from it.

battery went to the spare-wheel compartiment i'm afraid

yea this is how im going to do mine battery in the back for me as well