ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 5: Hardline

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
new-battlefield-game-clues-spotted-in-battlelog-update-reports-140120093241.png

Seems many people wanting a WWII style Battlefield with Spitfire, Panzer and Cruiser experience may be disappointed; it could be a police theme.

http://getbblog.com/en/board/topic/...eady-in-the-work-or-a-big-update-in-Battlelog

A few lines of code seem to have outed new information regarding what will essentially be Battlefield 5.

Financial analyst and pundit Michael Pachter claimed to have information regarding this game before. Pachter claimed he talked to people in EA itself, and confirmed that it would be the first spinoff Battlefield game to be made by a developer other than DICE. At the time, he believed Criterion Games was working on the game, but since then, it was clarified that it would be coming from Viscera Gamesl. Former Criterion devs, now at Ghost Games UK, are apparently also helping.

Moving on to here and now. Fans have found new code in the official Battlefield site leading to a url called http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh. So, a Battlefield H. What could the H possibly stand for? While our source shared the prospective title Battlefield Havana, another fan gave another more credible name: Battlefield Hardline.

Hardline thematically ties in with earlier rumors that this next Battlefield game could be police themed. Hardline itself means strict, uncompromising, and police enacting stiffer, harsher policies are often referred to as hardliners, such as in news headlines.

The same codeleak shares data on possible unit types in the game, which would be the Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator, and Professional. These titles are just generic enough to apply for a police force, as well as a military group. It also looks like the game will be cross platform, but since it's EA, don't expect a Wii U port on this.

--

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/b...d_battlefield_in_development_at_visceral.html

A "police-themed" Battlefield title is currently in development at Dead Space studio Visceral Games, according to a report by Polygon.

The site claims that the project, allegedly code-named Havana, is due for release later this year. Former Criterion team members at Ghost Games UK have also been offered supporting work in the project or face redundancy, the report states.

Polygon's report follows claims from Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter last year who said that he believed "Criterion Games is working on a military shooter that may become a brand extension for the Battlefield franchise in FY:15."

He continued: "[Wedbush] spoke with [EA] management [in December], and although they have not yet announced a version of Battlefield for FY:15, they confirmed that our understanding is spot on and that if a version of Battlefield were to be released in FY:15, it would be developed by a studio other than DICE."

Pachter later revised his report, claiming that he meant to say that Visceral Games is behind the project, not Criterion.

It's also believed that Visceral Games contributed significantly to the development of Battlefield 4.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If it was, AK wouldn't be in there.

The video does look very cool, though. Kudos for that.

Reactions: AK
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This will eventually be merged into Banther's thread, but here's the vid:

Multiplayer games look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio MK3
Has anyone else noticed near the beginning some recycled footage from BF4 - looks like Lancang Dam?

From 25 secs to 40 secs that is all previous games including bf3 gameplay in their, part of the story saying how the fans expect all out warfare and destruction, as shown in the previous games?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Cash to spend?

Intriguing.

The whole premise seems a bit limiting and unrealistic.

Cops and robbers do war in a city centre? Hmmmmm.

Surely this limits map variety as for 'realism' they will be in an urban setting?

Does this mean less vehicles? Not many police forces have erm tanks or gunships.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think Battlefield Hardline is a go-between Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 5.

I'd have preferred Battlefield: Bad Company 3 but it does at least look as if they have some ideas even if they do seem quite linear.

I think it looks great, but interesting to see how the whole "medic, engineer, recon" etc. etc. works as you don't tend to get revive options as a cop or a robber.

Reactions: AK
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I finally managed to get a code for the PS4 beta, downloading now and will have a play later.

work for BMW
As a huge huge fan of battlefield .. This does not fill me with much enthusiasm at all. Cops and robbers?!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Chap at work had his Beta link. I didn't..:(

He said he was playing it all last night and is raving about it.

Arctic Blue 182
Just seen this is released same days as Evolve. So that's made my mind up and I will be giving this a miss initially!

at most i'd pay £20 if i was stupidly bored. been playing it for the past hour trying to get into it, terrible game.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
at most i'd pay £20 if i was stupidly bored. been playing it for the past hour trying to get into it, terrible game.
Pretty much my thoughts on this. Played the two game modes this afternoon. I know it's beta but I played the bf4 beta and it was infinitely better at that stage.
I'll be giving this one a miss I think, unless it's very cheap.

Cayman S Edition 1
Have to agree. I played the beta today and couldn't get in to it. Doesn't make a lot of sense, so doubt I'll be buying it.