ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 5: Hardline

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
100% not buying this game, I am a huge BF fan and spent hundreds of hours on Bad company 2 and BF 3. How ever Bf4 was very average so i stopped playing it pretty quickly and this Hardline looks even worse.
Now i have gone back to playing Badcompany 2 on pc as there are still a fair few players.

Ps pleassssssssssse create a new WW2 game!
BF4 was not average LOL it's mega.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
It is a lot better now a year later, When it first came out it was so bad.

I think with the delays for Hardline they have maybe managed to actually make a BF game that isn't going to be horrible to play from release but time will tell.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Doubt it. I had it from release and it was buggy yeah but still great.
Even now I can't play campaign because it doesn't save it.

banther

ClioSport Club Member

Footage from the new hotwire mode. Basically Conquest with the objectives as cars. You only cost the enemy tickets when the car is moving fast. Looks good fun!!

Think I'm getting over the cops v robbers thing now.... sort of

work for BMW
Of course!

Good!
You cant compare them to BF4 in my eyes, they are farrrrrrrrrr superior. The main thing i disliked about 4 is the maps, there are no maps i love, just a few i didnt mind. Where as on BC2 and Bf3 there were so many amazing ones

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Just been on this for a while tonight. Much faster paced than BF4. It's like a mix of COD and BF imo

Pretty good though, I enjoyed it and it's something different, pretty sure I'll buy it when it's released now. Impressed

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just downloading the beta. Been waiting a while to try it out.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I downloaded it but it's not showing in my games folder?

Is it because it's a beta? Only avail at a certain point? Confused. Also how long is it online for?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm I'm trying to download it again. Weird though. It actually says I've already downloaded it but doesn't offer play option.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I didn't think it was too bad. It's very "dummy-friendly" in that there's basically pop up boxes everywhere during off game for tactics and loadout choice etc. etc. Can get a bit frustrating having to close them every time. The game itself was decent enough. Lot of the graphical aspects have been toned down or turned off, obviously with the 11GB install taken into account. Played 4 or 5 games on Heist and quite enjoyed it. There are some guys on there who have clearly been playing for hours, some up to Rank 18 already, which is mental. It shows in how they play the game, too.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I'm up at close to rank 20 now iirc, it doesn't take long to rank up though, I think I have put about 4 hours into it now. Great fun and a nice change to BF4.

Last edited:

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Played the Beta for approx 6 minutes last night before life got in the way.

Going to have a crack tonight. What I saw looked good. I was really s**t so it's obviously realistic.

Mito Sportiva 135
To me it's just a ridiculous concept: a Battlefield game, minus any proper battlefields
Inclusion of more swearing to make it seem more 'adult' but having the opposite effect
And I've not played it so can only go on other comments, but apparently the feel of movement and aiming is more arcadey (e.g. CODesque) too

I think the BF franchise trying to appeal to COD fans is just wrong. The whole reason I liked BF in the first place was because it WASN'T COD
Anyway, this might appeal to some, but, like Duncan Banatyne, 'I'm out'

banther

ClioSport Club Member
TBH having just put an hour in I think I'll keep playing BF4 as its a completely different game. If my friends get mega into this I'll get it. If not I can't be bothered with more n00bs not PTFO.

I think this game will draw, as mentioned, the COD crowd which will make the things I already dislike about Battlefield worse.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think BF4 started to draw the COD crowd tbh, mainly though due to how s**t the games were getting. I played BF4 for a while which was still full of bugs 6 months after release so I sold it.
Having played the Alpha and now the Beta of this, I can say that I wont be buying it. Some of the game modes are OK. Not keen on the one where you have to steal cars though.

Im hoping someone else will come and bring a decent war game out on the new platforms but I don't hold much hope tbh.

Mito Sportiva 135
The trouble with BF, as all games or types of media as they become more mainstream, is that they try and appease a wider base of customers and in doing so, can dilute the formulas which made them popular to begin with. I think there are things BF can learn from other games, sure, but at it's heart is a big, military sandbox wargame which rewards cooperative interaction with the rest of your team.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I like it. I'm level 9/10 at the moment and it's be a bit of fun, atmospheric as always. Driving is poor unless I can change the camera angle?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
@gally You can have an outside view, press L3 iirc (on PS) not sure about xbox.

I'm just thinking they have got to a point and thought f**k it.
It's nothing like the BF of old and I doubt it will ever get back to that.

I hope Ghost Recon is decent when that eventually comes out.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Did it take forever to install? Mines taken an hour to install from 20% to 40%.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@gally You can have an outside view, press L3 iirc (on PS) not sure about xbox.

I'm just thinking they have got to a point and thought f**k it.
It's nothing like the BF of old and I doubt it will ever get back to that.

I hope Ghost Recon is decent when that eventually comes out.
Cheers dude.

To be fair this isn't battlefield it's only the name. It's a filler game for them. The next game will be proper battlefield again.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
EA can eat a dick if they think I'm paying for a new release of theirs when they're as buggy as they are. The shame was there were so many new features over BF3 that made it hard to want to play either. BF4 was properly shoddy when it was released, anyone that thinks differently is deluded.