ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bedding/running in cams and flowed head

182 Trophy
I'll very shortly be fitting a flowed/ported head, matched inlets and Catcams 438s to my 182.

I've not found any definitive guides to bedding in the cams themselves (20mins at 2-3k rpm has been suggested, to avoid the higher wear potential at idle) and also to 'running in' the newly machined head to remove any fines/residues etc.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

182 Trophy
The other suggestion I've had is to do a second oils change after 20-30 miles, which seems reasonable/sensible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan's cast offs.
got to admit i've never really bothered with the whole running cams in. will keep a high idle for few minutes though.

182 Trophy
If you don't mind me asking, who did your head mate?

Max @MS Custom Engineering in Frome, Somerset. He's the chap that does the matched inlets etc.

Parts arrived back with me yesterday and being installed next weekend.

I've not found any definitive guides to bedding in the cams themselves (20mins at 2-3k rpm has been suggested, to avoid the higher wear potential at idle) and also to 'running in' the newly machined head to remove any fines/residues etc.

I thought that heads were supposed to be spotlessly clean after work, to make sure there's no risk of engine damage?

182 Trophy
Absolutely! Which is why all of the parts are still packaged up and sealed in the box. They were cleaned before being delivered.