ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben_Stevo172 - White Supercharged 172

Status
Not open for further replies.
  White Evo V
Re: Ben_stevo172 - Supercharged Monaco 172

Ben get exaltos, mines been spot on with them fitted and I'm running about 20bhp and 60lb/ft more than you at the minute.

Think I am gunna go for exaltos! Do you know of any cheap prices Stevie?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

Ben. How you finding power delivery in the wet? Getting any wheelspin?

Darren get your self a boost controller fitted and then when your up for a bit of traffic light drag stripping just turn the boost down to about 10psi should be quick and alot kinder to your gearbox aswell. Obviously once you get into 3rd flick back to high boost and get yoursef off to infinity and beyond!

Whats yours running at the minute?

Megane RS 250

I've read the whole thread, great mod that SC. I've driven a lot of Cooper S and I like the pull of the charger, but i hate the sound, it gets on my nerves...

You still have stock dampers with lowering springs? I wonder how it handles, how does it put the power down? Have you considered putting some coilovers and a LSD on?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

Think I am gunna go for exaltos! Do you know of any cheap prices Stevie?

What I normally do is to pop into Kwickfit tell them I can get exaltos from some little cheap tyre fitters shop for about £100 and ask them to price match them normally get them for about £90-£100 (which admittedly isn't anywhere near as cheap as Toyo's T1r etc..) but there definatley the best I've found.

You obviously could go mental and try some toyo R888 thats what the ktec/gdi squad were running on there demo cars at FCS and Pauls got them on his S/C PH1, but I'm not sure what they'll be like in the wet.

Megane RS 250

You obviously could go mental and try some toyo R888 thats what the ktec/gdi squad were running on there demo cars at FCS and Pauls got them on his S/C PH1, but I'm not sure what they'll be like in the wet.

Usually semislick are good in the wet when they're new, but the tread wear off soon and then they're very slippery, especially in winter...I wouldn't use them on the road when temperature is below 10° or when it's raining heavily!

Astra SRI/ Hornet

I can confirm exaltos are awesome in all weathers. If ya buy 4 from kwikfit ya get 30% off so would be 400 at the most, I just got 2 fitted for 207. That was for 205/45 though think your running 195's IIRC (just from pics I've seen).

R26

Today I had a little play with a Subaru Impreza WRX.
I was on my way to a friends when he got right up my trumpet and came flying past me! I got behind him at the lights on the slip road to the motorway and I knew he was gunna try n show me up. Little did he know he had a big shock coming! He floored it from the lights pulling away from me as the roads were a little damp and I was just spinning! Once we were rolling though and got to the top of the slip lane I floored it as he did and to my suprise it wasnt as fast as I was expecting. He stopped at the lights after the next junction at the side of me and put his window down. "What the f*ck have you done to that" he said, LOL! I said "its only a 1.2!" Him and his mate just laughed at me and said "No really" I told him what it was and asked what his was running - "just under 300" he said! I was mega impressed with the little Clio! This is why I love it!!!! :D

Wont play for me, could someone put it on youtube?

Last edited by a moderator:

DMS

A thirsty 172

I'm running P Zero Nero's at the front myself. I can get wheelspin all the way through first and second quite easily in the wet but they're awesome in the dry.
I'm gonna try some different tyres next time. These were fine on the car when it was N/A but not sure they can cope in the wet now.

White Evo V

I've read the whole thread, great mod that SC. I've driven a lot of Cooper S and I like the pull of the charger, but i hate the sound, it gets on my nerves...

You still have stock dampers with lowering springs? I wonder how it handles, how does it put the power down? Have you considered putting some coilovers and a LSD on?

You can't of read the whole thread, lol ;)
a page or two back I mentioned that I have replaced the horrible apex springs with the oem springs. I also mentioned looking for some coilies. An LSD would be awesome but at this stage there's other more important things to buy first.

The sound of the charger is nothing like a cooper s. Eaton chargers do alot of whinning and rotrex run almost silent! It's more of a turbo sound if anything from the rotrex! Sounds awesome!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

I'm sure if you could get something along the lines of a hondata k-pro management system you can set the different boost levels for each gear

Megane RS 250

chris a racing ecu costs a fortune!! A friend of mine has a super/turbocharged Cooper S (300+ whp, 6th to rev limiter!) with one of those, launch control, bang (i think the term is misfire sistem, like in rally cars), boost, rev limiter and other things different in each gear...I think he paid it 2000 euros, without programming!!
He has limited boost in 1st and 2nd, plus bilstein PSS9, lot of mods and a Quaife ATB, it handles beautifully and manages to put down the power very well.

Sorry ben I run it quickly, i missed that. So you got the same setup of mine...camber bolts? Toe setting? You probably can open a bit the front, like -2 mm each wheel, better traction out of the corners.

I hate how the front lifts up under acceleration, can't imagine on yours! I hope to get some gaz/KW/H&R coilovers soon.
The LSD is a must have on charged TA, can be a bit tricky when you're setting you're suspension but totally worth the cost.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Bloody hell not slow! How it it not snapping drive shafts!!

SQ5

Darren get your self a boost controller fitted and then when your up for a bit of traffic light drag stripping just turn the boost down to about 10psi should be quick and alot kinder to your gearbox aswell. Obviously once you get into 3rd flick back to high boost and get yoursef off to infinity and beyond!

I'm sure if you could get something along the lines of a hondata k-pro management system you can set the different boost levels for each gear

Umm, you do realise that you can't really do this with a charger. It has a plate in between the intercooler and supercharger which restricts airflow. You could make up a butterfly type valve thing, similiar to a throttle but it would be pointless

were did you get the super charger from

RSTuning

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Umm, you do realise that you can't really do this with a charger. It has a plate in between the intercooler and supercharger which restricts airflow. You could make up a butterfly type valve thing, similiar to a throttle but it would be pointless
it was more to stevieh than anyone else as he runs a turbo'd trophy, it would be pretty expensive to run stand alone but would be worth it if you had the launch control

Gardus - the bang that you're on about is anti-lag, which is used on rally cars, as I understand this in a non-technical way, it pretty much keeps the turbo spooling up so when you press the accelerator the power is instantly there. THis is great for rally cars but makes the life of the turbo very short, probably 1000-2000 road miles or in the case of a rally stage, not very long at all

type in anti-lag on youtube and you'll enjoy the rice crispie style snap crackle and pop :)

alien green rs133

I'm running P Zero Nero's at the front myself. I can get wheelspin all the way through first and second quite easily in the wet but they're awesome in the dry.
I'm gonna try some different tyres next time. These were fine on the car when it was N/A but not sure they can cope in the wet now.

i think the nero's are a little bit nervous from time to time. out the box they take a fair bit of bedding in, then for example under braking they are nervous. i never ad that with s-drives or F1's.

BLACK GOLD 182

Wont play for me, could someone put it on youtube?

love scooby beatings...old one same style as p1 raced us few days ago runnin 250 and said it like he had 1,000000bhp with how enthuastic he was about his 250bhp and got smoked by start of 4th heheheh

edit: was supposed to be for bens vid

BLACK GOLD 182

Today I had a little play with a Subaru Impreza WRX.
I was on my way to a friends when he got right up my trumpet and came flying past me! I got behind him at the lights on the slip road to the motorway and I knew he was gunna try n show me up. Little did he know he had a big shock coming! He floored it from the lights pulling away from me as the roads were a little damp and I was just spinning! Once we were rolling though and got to the top of the slip lane I floored it as he did and to my suprise it wasnt as fast as I was expecting. He stopped at the lights after the next junction at the side of me and put his window down. "What the f*ck have you done to that" he said, LOL! I said "its only a 1.2!" Him and his mate just laughed at me and said "No really" I told him what it was and asked what his was running - "just under 300" he said! I was mega impressed with the little Clio! This is why I love it!!!! :D

love it

Last edited by a moderator:

DMS

A thirsty 172

Mine's still same as before mate. Only running about 0.5 bar.
The problem is I don't have much time for the car at the minute, I'm doing so much overtime and haven't got any holidays left this year.
I think I'll end up getting a boost controller if only to make the car more usable in the winter months. I'll also be getting a sports cat or decat at some point, which should help free up a couple of extra ponies (and probably increase the noise...)

Cup Packed BG 182

chris a racing ecu costs a fortune!! A friend of mine has a super/turbocharged Cooper S (300+ whp, 6th to rev limiter!) with one of those, launch control, bang (i think the term is misfire sistem, like in rally cars), boost, rev limiter and other things different in each gear...I think he paid it 2000 euros, without programming!!
He has limited boost in 1st and 2nd, plus bilstein PSS9, lot of mods and a Quaife ATB, it handles beautifully and manages to put down the power very well.

Sorry ben I run it quickly, i missed that. So you got the same setup of mine...camber bolts? Toe setting? You probably can open a bit the front, like -2 mm each wheel, better traction out of the corners.

I hate how the front lifts up under acceleration, can't imagine on yours! I hope to get some gaz/KW/H&R coilovers soon.
The LSD is a must have on charged TA, can be a bit tricky when you're setting you're suspension but totally worth the cost.

i dont think you mean misfire system, sounds like an anti lag system for the turbo, spools up the turbo when not accelerating, thats the bang

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

That video is legendary! Properly fast car, I love it! Would love to have seen the face of the guy in the impreza LOL

This mod is gonna be very tempting for me next year if all goes to plan.

What else did you do to the car exactly to cope with the charger? I can imagine some of the stock components get a bit stressed with that extra power!

White Evo V

What else did you do to the car exactly to cope with the charger? I can imagine some of the stock components get a bit stressed with that extra power!

If you take a look at post #1 it lists the parts that you get for your £4k. Internals won't last forever but it's holding out good so far with no signs of weakness! I've covered over 3k hard miles on the stock internals.
I have a spare engine which I am using to build a forged bottom end, ideally this needs to be done to make the car fully reliable running boost IMO.

Qashcow

wtf dan, group buy ;) ive got a 4 figure sum saved already, plus what would be spent on the cage which currently isnt happening....

ben, that vid is great but hasnt helped my argument for one against the mrs!

my only concern is engine life too. my car is low mileage and i only do about 3k miles a year and the car lives in the garage over winter so is an excuse to rebuild it should it ever need it. so tempting, im just waiting to see about the longevity of yours and danny's first engines.

RB 200 Cup!

bomber - the way ive seen danny drive not long - alrthough he has a few spare engines ;)

loving that video ben!

i wonder what it would be like FULLY stripped? ;)

320d

I'd love a SC conversion. After seeing thejesus's at the NW meet i'm hooked it sounds epic with the SC.

Properly fast too, the scooby owner must have been gutted.

SQ5

bomber - the way ive seen danny drive not long - alrthough he has a few spare engines ;)

loving that video ben!

i wonder what it would be like FULLY stripped? ;)

Cheeky fucker, mines holding out well and has done 3000 hard miles too, inlcuding a track day on an a base map. It's now running sweet. It won't hammer the internals too much but the life is defintely shortened!

clio sport 172

Just found that video on youtube today and thought i know that car, the scooby was driven by my mate lol not even his car it's only a standard wrx though he must of tried pulling your leg about power but i love the video mate nice car!

535d / t5 caravelle

still got rinsed, as would an sti going off that ;)

White Evo V

Just found that video on youtube today and thought i know that car, the scooby was driven by my mate lol not even his car it's only a standard wrx though he must of tried pulling your leg about power but i love the video mate nice car!

Ah! Gutted! Lol. I thought it was an STI coz they run just under 300 standard! Bloody nice car though for a WRX! Carbon fin on the top of the rear window looks awesome, it looked like a proper rally sl@g! Do u know him well?

To start with so i dont sound a total coooont I was driving the subaru that day and was shocked at how fast your clio was and so was my mate but.... you came from behind me in traffic on the ring road when i spotted cant ever recall being behind you or anything and when we was rollling on the motorway after you undertook us we said whats in it blah blah and you said "its running at 297 you?" i said "ohh just standard WRX 225" so i dont know where your gettin this under 300bhp from i think your tryin to big yourself up a bit here? i dont reckon you would have beat us as much as you did if it was under 300!! Still though nice car :cool: but wait till i get ma own lol..... Might see ya again sometime

BMW M135I

To start with so i dont sound a total coooont I was driving the subaru that day and was shocked at how fast your clio was and so was my mate but.... you came from behind me in traffic on the ring road when i spotted cant ever recall being behind you or anything and when we was rollling on the motorway after you undertook us we said whats in it blah blah and you said "its running at 297 you?" i said "ohh just standard WRX 225" so i dont know where your gettin this under 300bhp from i think your tryin to big yourself up a bit here? i dont reckon you would have beat us as much as you did if it was under 300!! Still though nice car :cool: but wait till i get ma own lol..... Might see ya again sometime
Dont think he needs to quote more power thn hes actually got

Megane RS 250
Status
Not open for further replies.