ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ben_Stevo172 - White Supercharged 172

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Re: Ben_stevo172 - Supercharged Monaco 172

Ben, the boost itself is a little high.... however I believe with the peak fueling (10.5?) you have, there is plenty fuel there. however I cant comment on the ign timing, so probably worth checking with Paul

Yes is far too high if the gauge is reading correctly.

The fuelling dips to 10.7:1 in the midrange but indicated by the bosch sensor which isn't that accurate (they often read a bit richer).

It still needs to be checked over for sure. I might lean it out a little as the others have been fine running 11.7 :)

White Evo V

Yes is far too high if the gauge is reading correctly.

The fuelling dips to 10.7:1 in the midrange but indicated by the bosch sensor which isn't that accurate (they often read a bit richer).

It still needs to be checked over for sure. I might lean it out a little as the others have been fine running 11.7 :)

OOOOO, does that mean more power?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Not by much but it will be cleaner at the top end. Despite what some will say the AFR does not make that much difference on these really.

ITB'd MK1

Yeah it's hard to see coz when it's at peak boost the engines also just about to hit the limiter! That's why I filmed it so I could monitor it better!

Wonder why my boost has raised by 0.2bar then?

location of the restrictor could be making it more suceptable to ambient pressure and temperature changes maybe? cold will normally make it rise, but that's quite a lot

DMS

A thirsty 172

This cold weather is awesome in my car. It feels soooooooo much quicker. It's just a shame I can't give it the beans at the minute because of snow.
I'd imagine those with S/C's are finding the same?

182 S

This cold weather is awesome in my car. It feels soooooooo much quicker. It's just a shame I can't give it the beans at the minute because of snow.
I'd imagine those with S/C's are finding the same?

Yeah it's bloody awfull! Obviously with the charger power is instant so the wheels constantly wanna go

SQ5

Mines not wanting to spin up at all until around 5k, although I would guess throttle control is easier in a Ph1 :rasp:

Finding petrol consumption is a lot higher lol! Averaging around 20mpg!

DMS

A thirsty 172

I've got a cable throttle too so controlling that is pretty easy. The hardest thing for me is clutch control because it's basically either on or off - you can't really ease it in like you can with the standard one. That coupled with the fact that the slightest twitch of my right toe is enough to make it come on boost makes driving over ice very interesting. Meh.

Qashcow

had a feeling that was going to be the case lol, good/cheap/no engine rebuilding times then :)

White Evo V

Yup, boost gauge is going! New one will be inplace soon! It's running bang on 0.6 bar as Paul proved today on the dyno. Il add a few updates tomorrow including some new RR graphs from today, the fueling is slightly leaner so power is +++ :)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

i thought they weren't sensitive to fueling ;)

They are not that sensetive no. Same map. No changes. Same afr when I finished mapping it in the first place. I'll even send you the whole snapshot file if you want, just couldn't be bothered explaining myself to you before seen as all your posts toward my mapping are negative. The extra power is from extra advance, by default the IAT r****d is from a fairly low temp really.

White Evo V

On wednesday I fitted my new steering wheel, Its an OMP Corsica 350mm suede steering wheel with a 60mm dish and a momo boss. It feels sooo much better to drive and with the dish its a far better driving position, alot more racey and comfortable!

100_9665.gif

100_9666.jpg

Also yesterday I went down to RS Tuning for Paul to do some extra advancing on the map for my car. He managed to get another 8bhp and about 10lbft more torque! We couldnt get the engine warm enough to get the oil temp up on the dyno so it was hitting the early rev limiter at about 6900rpm instead of rising to the usual 7200rpm but the results were still awesome, it was about -2 outside! As stupid as it sounds with just that tiny bit more power and torque the car feels much quicker and seems to pick up like mad now, still puts a massive smile on my face after over 5000 miles of driving it after the conversion, its just impossible to get bored of!

Power and Torque at the flywheel:
img003.jpg

Power at the wheels and Boost pressure:
img001.jpg

Power at the wheels and AFR:
img002.jpg

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Looks good :)

its nice for a company to keep trying to improve a product such as this.

carl

182 S

What's this advanced mapping ben? Can I get this on myn do u no?

White Evo V

What's this advanced mapping ben? Can I get this on myn do u no?

Best speaking to Paul tbh. I know mine is running a bigger restrictor than yours so you will never have as much boost (yours is 0.45bar mine is 0.6bar) and I know mine is running a similar AFR to yours. I think Paul will of finalised your map tbh so it wont need any more work. Why you ask?

182 S

Ahh I see. Cheers chaps! Paul can I replace my restrictor with a bigger one like bens?

182 S

Best speaking to Paul tbh. I know mine is running a bigger restrictor than yours so you will never have as much boost (yours is 0.45bar mine is 0.6bar) and I know mine is running a similar AFR to yours. I think Paul will of finalised your map tbh so it wont need any more work. Why you ask?

Just askin cuz I want power figures like urs! I'm jelous;) haha

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Ahh I see. Cheers chaps! Paul can I replace my restrictor with a bigger one like bens?

Yes, I chose to make them smaller because it is an N/A engine after all. I'd be happy to map it again if you wanted to go up in boost though!

White Evo V

Take note 0.6bar will be harder on your engine than your 0.45bar is, but it will produce the figures. Just depends on how bothered you will be if it goes BANG! lol. If it happens to me il just be like "oh well, forged internals it is then" lol! :)

182 S

Take note 0.6bar will be harder on your engine than your 0.45bar is, but it will produce the figures. Just depends on how bothered you will be if it goes BANG! lol. If it happens to me il just be like "oh well, forged internals it is then" lol! :)

I spoke to Paul and decided I'm gonna wait till internals are done. Unlike u I don't have a spare lump ready to go in. Why haven't u put it in yet?

White Evo V

I spoke to Paul and decided I'm gonna wait till internals are done. Unlike u I don't have a spare lump ready to go in. Why haven't u put it in yet?

I have a spare standard engine but no forged internals to go with it yet! If my engine does die then I do have the spare stock bottom end to bang in so I would never be in a muddle, but hopefully it will hold out until I get my forged internals to build the spare bottom end up.

DMS

A thirsty 172

When you getting the forged internals? And what CR are you going to be running?

White Evo V

When you getting the forged internals? And what CR are you going to be running?

As soon as funds allow me to! No idea what CR yet. When I'm ready to buy the parts il look into it then, few months away yet. I need to let the funds build back up after Xmas!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

the uprated internals don't really cost that much, its when you start looking at gaskets, oils, coolant, honing the bores, timing tools, new timing + aux belt+ tensioners etc... the costs start to grow quickly

DMS

A thirsty 172

I've got the fully forged internals already so it's simply a case of getting a decent boost controller installed now so the car can run more boost than it currently is, and be set up to run less boost in the lower gears to aid traction and hopefully avoid wrecking the gearbox. Roll on 1st Feb :)
It should be able to run 1.2 bar all day. Not sure how far I could push it though? I'll no doubt be targeting that elusive 300bhp.

Must arrange mini meet / trackday!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

I don't think you'll have a problem hitting 1.2 bar, but I don't think you'll have anywhere near that at the redline.

And no matter how much you alter the VVT switch points or the timing if you don't have the boost you wont make the power.

As for the mini meet I'd be up for a "ultimate clio" shoot out in the summer get your self in touch with PFC see if there interested

DMS

A thirsty 172

I don't think you'll have a problem hitting 1.2 bar, but I don't think you'll have anywhere near that at the redline.

And no matter how much you alter the VVT switch points or the timing if you don't have the boost you wont make the power.

As for the mini meet I'd be up for a "ultimate clio" shoot out in the summer get your self in touch with PFC see if there interested

Definitely wouldn't have peak boost near the redline. It tails off after about 5,000rpm just like yours does.
That said though, more boost doesn't necessarily mean more power. I seem to remember Sideways Danny saying something about when the boost drops it just means the engine is burning the air it's sucking in more efficiently (or something like that). My car currently makes peak power way above where the boost starts dropping off.

I don't usually read PFC so I'll have to go and buy a copy to see what the crack is.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

That might be the case with some turbo engines but it's certainly not the case with ours.

But obviously we'll see after the 1st of Feb :)

Status
Not open for further replies.