ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to Remap/tune my 182?(has custom exhaust+panel filter) speak to me..:-)

RB 182 FF
Hi everyone, I love my 182 to bits, had it 3 weeks now but don't like the lack of low down grunt it has... I've serviced it fully with top quality stuff so runs sweet as a nut and it has a custom cat-back prospeed exhaust and a k&n panel filter.

My question is from experience what would people recommend to do regarding tuning the engine to help low down grunt and perhaps eek a little more BHP out of it?! I've read up on matched inlets and remap from k-tec etc.. but don't believe the figures they mention regarding bhp/torque, is it worth the money any how?! Or does anyone know a Clio Guru/God that remaps/tunes?!:D

Also read up on the RS Tuner but I really want to see my car on a rolling road before and after to clarify the money I may be spending..! Can anyone help me?!
I know this is covered often and I've done searches but up to date info is what Im after, cheers! :)

100% RStuner take it on a RR before then take it after.

I have done the before just awaiting the next RR meet to do the after.

Probably the best thing i have done to my 182 especialy for the money ,it picks up a lot better low down now

RB 182 FF
Ok cheers Rockers the RSTuner is certainly 1 option I'm considering, I'm probably a month or so away from tuning it as I need to buy a new spare key first as I only have 1 key, I guess that's a priority over tuning the car...!:-/ I'll be interested to see your results before and after!:)

The before was 160.8 bhp with a slight missfire so i was told.

Now new plugs, leads,coilpack and rstuner'd maybe have a little more from it, shall have to wait and see:D

RB 182 FF
The before was 160.8 bhp with a slight missfire so i was told.

Now new plugs, leads,coilpack and rstuner'd maybe have a little more from it, shall have to wait and see:D

I bet ur itching to see what it produces now! :) I have to say my 182 feels plenty quick enough as I'm not an idiot behind the wheel anyway, all I want is the power smoothed out really as the lack of low down grunt just doesn't seem right!lol. A few extra bhp never goes a miss mind, overtaking power is all I really want now as I've done the super fast car stuff in the past ans just bleeds my bank account dry... Just the lack of low down grunt in the 182 is what I want sorted to make it drive more like cars I've owned in the past :)

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
TDF in Cambs or RS Tuning in Leeds are the ones for me. I'm not expecting great differences though but I'm after just slightly better driveability.

My Prospeed exhaust has lasted six years and was patched up under guarantee. Top place, I think. My Subaru will be treated soon to one of their offferings (I just wish it didn't make my Clio feel so slow though!).

RB 182 FF
TDF in Cambs or RS Tuning in Leeds are the ones for me. I'm not expecting great differences though but I'm after just slightly better driveability.

My Prospeed exhaust has lasted six years and was patched up under guarantee. Top place, I think. My Subaru will be treated soon to one of their offferings (I just wish it didn't make my Clio feel so slow though!).

Yeah Prospeed are awesome fair play, I didn't have my exhaust done on the 182, the previous owner already had it done but I had my Tuned Fiat Coupe 20v turbo done there and my mates Lancia Integrale as well. I love my 182 even though it's the least powerful car I've owned, the handling on the other hand is the best!:) Driveability is also what I'm after Rob and any power gain is more than welcome as well...:) I'll look into the companies you've mentioned for my remap, cheers for that:)

RB182
Wouldn't bother with all the daft stuff for how much extra bhp u get not worth the money jus go all out and get a turbo conversion :)