ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 new wheel + dash stripes

172cup
here are a few pics taken today while waiting for the jet-wash.
About a week ago I got my wheel back from http://royalsteeringwheels.com/ to find out the order was done wrong, such a shoddy job in some parts the sticking was pulling apart!
Now I finally managed to trade that terrible re-trim with the wheel in the pic below, superb job done at Rolls Royce by a guy who worked there as trimmer.
Icing on the cake, dash stripes and wheel insert in gloss black :D thanks spray shack!
Positive and negative comments are welcome, cheers
clio004.jpg
clio003.jpg
clio001x.jpg

Chocolate Orange 172
Looks good mate, mine is being re-trimmed by a guy on here as we speak, can't wait to get it back and see how it looks!

172cup
He did some nice wheels on here, a fresh re-trim makes such a difference especially if the leather was melting like butter :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice on Al, looks a really nice. I know they are a big wheel but feels loads better after a decent re-trim if the original was in a bad state. Dash strips are nice and subtle too :)

172cup
Nice on Al, looks a really nice. I know they are a big wheel but feels loads better after a decent re-trim if the original was in a bad state. Dash strips are nice and subtle too :)

I'll second that, the wheel is massive but that's the price to pay to be "French" :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the look of that wheel.
Bit confused though, was it done by the guys on that link or not?

PB Clio 172
na just being picky but, because the whole of the dash is a grey type colour the black spoils it a little on the gearknob ! :dapprove:

172cup
yeah, its glued on the gear lever! I tried every which way there is and ended up removing the plastic insert and hacksawing the gear knob off.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Wheel looks great.
Mine is also away to Mikey on here after I had discussions with Royalsteeringwheels (which were very slow and unproductive). Good job I stayed well clear.

172cup
definitely the right choice mate, you won't believe what I've gone through with Royalsteeringwheelm, like you just said, they very slow and its likely they'll rush the job unless you own a carrera 911.

Clio Campus
I loved the gloss black dash stripes and wheel insert!
The new leather on the steering also stands out! Pure mint.
The only thing I would try is to brush the top of the gearknob to match with the handles, for example.