ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Not a lot happening with this at the moment, weather doesnt help!

Went to the motorist last weekend with @leeds2592 @Yorkshire Pudding @Porl @Sj1782 @Steve_RS . Didnt take any pics.

Just had a puncture repaired, tyres on 2.5mm but I'm tight and run them to limit so a tenner for that fixing.

Rust is getting worse but see above about being tight.
Didn't know Sam was there? Must have been selling ket to the builders around the corner.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
It's a good job you turned up last Sunday otherwise there would have only been Ethans car to take the piss out of. 👍
Says the guy driving his daughters twingo

200.gif

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Couple of weeks back my ABS light started to flash on during journeys. It would reset itself when turning the car off and on but it got to a point where it was permanently on.

Got the multimeter out today and measured the resistance on both front corners. I was unsure what I was actually looking for in terms of resistance but they were both wildly different so I knew it was one of the fronts. I had some cheap ebay sensors I'd bought recently so compared the resistance to these and concluded the offside was the problem sensor.

Obviously the torx completely stripped out the head of the bolt but I managed to hacksaw a slot into the head and use an impact driver to remove it.

20220203_131723.jpg

From here I used a combination of a drill, hammer, punch and screwdriver to remove the old sensor. It was pretty messy but got there in the end!

20220203_131706.jpg

Hole cleaned up and greased before tapping the new sensor home using a block of wood.

20220203_131708.jpg

20220203_133523.jpg

Stainless bolt was fitted with liberal amounts of copper slip. Felt lucky so decided to see how the nearside bolt would move and this came out without any hacksawing! Shoved a stainless bolt in this side too to make my life easier in the future.

20220203_135722.jpg

ABS lights all now off after a short drive up and down the driveway, a full test will be completed tomorrow. This was only a 15quid sensor so we shall see how long it lasts!

I also have been chasing a knock and decided as a last resort to check the steering rack bolts. Offside was tight but the nearside was a bit loose and needed nipping up. Noise now appears to have gone so fingers crossed this was the issue!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Be interested to see how long the sensor lasts mate. I have an intermittent flashing. Replaced the rings as one was cracked but still get it. So I’m guessing it’s a sensor. Need to check the resistance on them both. Changing them is a wanker of a job

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Be interested to see how long the sensor lasts mate. I have an intermittent flashing. Replaced the rings as one was cracked but still get it. So I’m guessing it’s a sensor. Need to check the resistance on them both. Changing them is a wanker of a job
I did the rings when I first got the car as it has the thinner ones fitted by some muppet 🙄 I'd definitely not want to do that again as its always a balance as to whether you lose your box oil or not 😂

It's quite easy to check with a multimeter, if it's in the Kohms you're OK but if it's in the Mohms I'd reckon its fucked.

I got lucky with the torx bolts, was genuinely expecting a battle. It was harder to remove the sensor 😂

They don't even need a bolt to hold them in with how tight those c***s are 😂

Bosch one is only £30 ish, so not too bad if you have to replace it again.

Yeah I boshed this in with a block of wood and it wasnt moving. Theyve gone up to £41 now! Probably cheaper on autodoc or similar but shall see how this does. If you compare it they look identical but time will tell

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My replacement ones were sloppy as fook. Maybe because I de-rusted the hubs too. The old ones came out in a similar fashion though, t**t of a job to do.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You say that but then...

View attachment 1578804
I'm only trying to encourage you to sort it out. Pwease don't cwy 😢.
When you took a picture of that, did those nuts say cheese 😂

That's what they'll do when you come to remove them haha
You say this but those hubs were refreshed 2 years ago and they went like this about 3 months later 😂 TREs are about a year old too! This is what happens when you drive a car more than twice a year 🥵

Don't see the issue, his hubs have ant theft nuts and bolts - sensible stuff!

When are you going to fit your new calipers Louis? Or will the old ones not come off due to the ant theft bolts?

After the MOT, when the weather is better. I'm not f**king around bleeding brakes when I cant feel my hands 😂

All the bolts are fineeee.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Refitted the cat on Tuesday in preparation for the MOT today and it sailed through. Made sure to get it hot prior to test by smashing it around the back roads. Havnt had chance to do that recently!

As a treat purchased some stainless abs brackets to try appease @Porl And @Touring_Rob.

Look decent quality for the price and in 2.5mm wont be bending anytime soon Might need to clean up the hubs a bit before fitting...

20220225_165938.jpg

Link for anyone interested - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIO-FRO...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
good man, make sure you put them on the right way round, I have no clue why but i managed to have mine on the wrong sides like an absolute moron.

View attachment 1581802
MOT man deterrent them bad boys.

Also finished up my other brembo caliper. I'd only done one as I ran out of paint then other things got in the way. Seals still need pushing in properly yet...

Need to quartz coat them and they can be fitted. Plan is to have some new front lines made up in copper as they're corroded then bosh these on with their braided lines.

20220225_173834.jpg
20220225_173830.jpg

Really happy with how these turned out 👍

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

Also finished up my other brembo caliper. I'd only done one as I ran out of paint then other things got in the way. Seals still need pushing in properly yet...

Need to quartz coat them and they can be fitted. Plan is to have some new front lines made up in copper as they're corroded then bosh these on with their braided lines.

View attachment 1581807View attachment 1581808

Look great them mate 👍.
Those abs brackets are a nice upgrade too, at 2.5mm they must be the thickest on the market!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep

View attachment 1581807View attachment 1581808

Brembo look spot on @Louis 👌🏻

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Nothing too exciting but refitted the decat today as driving onto wood everytime I want to get off the driveway isnt ideal. Got the exhaust tips lined up much better now too.

Whilst the car was jacked up I finished cutting out the crashbar for the intercooler. Gave it a quick lick of paint to keep it from rusting after. Might add a couple of welds along the bottom to keep the steel together but integrity is still good.

20220226_152705.jpg

Plan is to get the IC in place, route the pipes then see where to move the horns.

Last edited:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is your plan to run with an exhaust leak and visible intercooler for a while so everyone thinks your turbo, without you going to the effort of actually installing a turbo? In which case I approve.
It's all just pre-emptive at this time, trying to reduce the amount of work needed in one day!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Today's job was finally changing the aux belt and tensioner. It's been whining for about 2 months now, and being 5 years since it was last changed I was pushing my luck.

Bought genuine parts from RPD. Suprised the tensioner didnt come with a new top bolt but there we go.

20220415_133916.jpg

Disassembly is relatively easy. Frustratingly the 120-100mm jubilee i bought didnt have a worm drive that went all the way around so these were too small. Luckily I had 2 spares in another box of parts otherwise it was a wasted strip down!

All came apart easily, I'd say the belt was probably overdue...

20220415_133222.jpg

Tensioner was free and unseized but obviously swapped it for new. What a c**t to remove. Had to remove the ac lines and pull the alternator forward to get it out! Be easier on a stand for sure.

Idler pulley was also replaced. It's so tight in there that I had to rig my tools just to get bolts undone. Utter pain! Refit was reverse of removal, just remember to leave the alternator loose as this makes getting the belt on so much easier.

Whilst I had the engine mount off decided to remove the ridiculous block of metal that is sat in the bay.

20220415_174545.jpg

Overall a b*****d of a job purely because of space.

A more fun job was fitting my carbon shaft that has been sat in the garage for months. I have noticed that this version the bottom nut seems to hit the turret when going into reverse? The bottom spacer is dimensioned differently to the previous one that came off? Looks fantastic though and matches the interior trim.
20220415_180951.jpg