ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
You won’t need to paint those grilles dude, just get some Carpro Perl on there with a 4:1 mix. Mine have never been painted and are 125k miles old now.

Also now you’ve done a lovely job on the headlight lenses, get some ceramic coat on there, as they will have a UV barrier and stop them from fading again.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You won’t need to paint those grilles dude, just get some Carpro Perl on there with a 4:1 mix. Mine have never been painted and are 125k miles old now.

Also now you’ve done a lovely job on the headlight lenses, get some ceramic coat on there, as they will have a UV barrier and stop them from fading again.
I just tend to give them a polish everytime I wash the car. Been over a year since I've machined them I think!
Great work as always Louis.

You having the driveway must be a godsend now.
Yeah it's so much better, headphones on and I can just crack on! No worries about people walking by anymore

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Went out again today and gave the car a snowfoam, pass over with the wash pad and then a quick rinse. From here I then machined the whole car with a microfibre pad and menzerna 400. Forgot how long this takes! Definitely need to watch more YouTube videos but I was definitely taking out some scratches, still more to go but itll do!

Had another pass over with a white pad and some poorboys black hole before finishing with some carbon collective speciale ceramic detailer. First time using this and impressed with how easy it is to use. Time will tell how well it beads.
Finally some Gyeon rim on the tyres, really rate this stuff! Goes on so easily and looks fantastic.

Some more photos now, still on my driveway because lockdown.
20200413_184447.jpg
20200413_184457.jpg
20200413_184508.jpg
20200413_184525.jpg
20200413_184356.jpg

Ordered a sunstrip today so I'll hopefully be fitting that later in the week and then might play around with the seat height to see what the next setting down is like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great mate!

Did the poorboys black hole cover over the 400 ok?

You doing it properly and removing the windscreen strips?
Covered fine yeah, it wasn't a full correction I was after as I didn't have the time! Just wanted to remove some marks its picked up since last time.
I'll be removing the strips, had some vinyl yesterday to apply but it had been folded in transport so was gash.
I wanted a sunstrip on mine but assume this makes the auto wipers redundant?
Yeah, but they're toss anyway! You can always put a small hole in for the sensor like KTEC do

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
New rear wiper blank arrived. This is the fibreglass variant rather than the carbon as I'll be painting it satin black regardless. Mine has always been 'sagging' as it's a bodged genuine one that's had filler and fibreglass on the back. This new one should be loads better!
20200420_170848.jpg

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Try some Angelwax Resurrection mate - really good stuff. If you’re using MF pads work in really small sections (twice the diameter of the pad by 4 x diameter) and speed 4-5 on a DA. Brush pad out every other pass unless you’ve got a compressor in which case blow the pad out.

Still looks bloody good 😎👌

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Try some Angelwax Resurrection mate - really good stuff. If you’re using MF pads work in really small sections (twice the diameter of the pad by 4 x diameter) and speed 4-5 on a DA. Brush pad out every other pass unless you’ve got a compressor in which case blow the pad out.

Still looks bloody good 😎👌
I'll have a look mate! Need to clean all my pads out, never got round to it! I used a nylon brush to clean out the compound on each panel, do i need to do it more often?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I'll have a look mate! Need to clean all my pads out, never got round to it! I used a nylon brush to clean out the compound on each panel, do i need to do it more often?
I wash mine in the machine. 30 degrees and air dry.

I clean the pad every other pass. Once an MF pad clogs it stops working pretty much so you’ll do twice the work for zero improvement-ish.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Gave the car a wash, having used a ceramic detailer last time this was a breeze! As it had been a year since the last service I gave it a quick refresh with some genuine elf oil and a new genuine filter. Gearbox oil was done with MTL in september when the box was replaced, so no huge rush on this just yet. Ill probably do it within the month for peace of mind.

20200426_123817.jpg

I then set about the engine bay, used some AG machine cleaner and then a spray wax all over.

Whilst there I finally fitted the strut brace. I had to slot the fixings slightly as when I fitted the ktec mounts I didnt have the brace to get the bolts perfect. Wasnt much trouble to slot them on the mill at work.

20200426_155008.jpg

20200426_155852.jpg

Paint has held up really well, just have the engine mount and bracket to do when I get chance. Ill probably remove the engine mount weight at the same time!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Replaced the top mount bolts with zinc plated M8 x 20's and then also fitted the correct m10 bolts into the strut brace as it had arrived with M8's. Zinc plated again too.
20200429_174101.jpg

Using the car as a daily doesnt half make it filthy, 3 days since I cleaned the bay and its coated again. Glad I dont just polish this all day as I'd be super pissed and wouldnt ever drive the thing!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is stunning, was looking for a BG182 when my flamer came up for sale. they just look amazing once all cleaned up. Exactly as id have it with the 2118s (y)
Cheers mate, it's certainly had a lot of work put into it over the years!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Looking lovely!

I remember when you first got it, we were rushing around all over Huddersfield to receive it then go to the pub for drinks with the work guys. Was it your leaving do?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This looks proper! Only thing a bit bugging me is the driver side rear light, looks a bit faded on the white circle?
Love you work..
You might be right actually, i've never noticed! I replaced the nearside (iirc) a while back as it had some internal cracking, i'll look at polishing this at the weekend to see if it improves. Sure it looks fine in person.

Looking lovely!

I remember when you first got it, we were rushing around all over Huddersfield to receive it then go to the pub for drinks with the work guys. Was it your leaving do?
Haha, yeah! Was my leaving do before I went back to uni for my final year. Madness!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
After finding a screw in my tyre last week I nipped to the local tyre place and had it repaired. Only a tenner, bargain. I'll need tyres soon anyway but not worth it whilst in lockdown. Currently on 2.5mm at the front.
Will also be taking my oz f1s over for the tyres removing and the balance checked. Only going to cost me a tenner for that too which I thought was good.

Got back and then drilled out all the rivets along the sideskirts. Removed the 2 lower wing bolts at the front and took a look at the grime. Its amazing what builds up here!

20200502_114826.jpg
20200502_115612.jpg

Sideskirt was also full of dirt.
20200502_110621.jpg

The sills themselves weren't too bad, obviously the jacking points were bent inwards. Think they left the factory like this 😂 the arch is bubbling under the sideskirt and obviously where it starts where it runs up the body. It's not horrendous, sideskirt lip also has caused a line of degradation along the length of the car. Again not awful.
20200502_110603.jpg

I cleaned all the sill with some engine and machine cleaner then some surfex HD. Attacked the whole lot with a wire brush and an cup attachment on the drill. I was only looking to remove the worst of it and only that below the sideskirt. I also spent time straightening the sills so they were as good as possible. Theyve clearly had some abuse over the years.

20200502_130442.jpg

I then applied some bilthamber deox-c and clingfilmed it up so it wouldn't dry up. This was just to remove the last bit of rust I'd missed with the wire brush.
20200502_133659.jpg

Cleaned and degreased yet again then sprayed with some red oxide primer.
20200502_155040.jpg

Then again coated in grey primer and finished in custom mixed black gold with 3 coats of clear.
20200502_171736.jpg

I didnt bother spending hours flatting the paint back so it obviously looks a bit ropey under the paint but it's not seen once the skirts are back on.
I then fitted a pair of m8 capheads on the front lower sideskirt bolts then using m5 flanged button bolts secured the skirts in place.
20200502_183753.jpg

Car is filthy (washed last week) but you get the idea! I am waiting for the lacquer to go off for a few days before I will remove the skirt and coat the entire inside with dynax. Should go a long way to protecting it!
I also began cleaning out the rear arches in preparation for next weeks task of the petrol flap. Acf50 has protected the rear shocks incredibly well!

Same done on the passenger side, dirt equally as bad.
20200502_161749.jpg

Straightened again this side but ran out of time to sand pack and paint. Another job for next week.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I hope the skirts are on with stainless bolts otherwise they'll sieze up quicker than a nuns c**t.
They sure are my little buttermuffin.
I'll be removing them midweek anyway to get in with the dynax and I'll coat them in copper slips. Tempted to rivnut them but not sure yet!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So carrying on from last week, I wasnt happy with using the nyloc nuts and bolts so I bought a rivnut tool and some M5 rivnuts to run along the length of the sill.

Drilled out the holes to 7mm and then placed the rivnuts in the holes, absolute dream to use and super satisfying! Did this on both sides.
20200509_113103.jpg

I then prepared all the passenger side sill the same as the other side last week, as I only got as far as straightening out the sills (within reason, i wasn't going for a concourse finish). Wire brush on a drill to start finished with deox C and a clean with surfex hd. Primed in red zinc oxide, grey primer then finished in black gold and 3 coats of clear.

20200509_155242.jpg

20200509_163209.jpg

I didnt bother masking up the car, i'm spraying so low down I dont think it's an issue. The car is also filthy anywhere above the sills so wont be getting near to the paint. Sheet of MDF was enough for me to protect the 2118's but they're ceramic coated anyway so nothing really sticks. Could do with topping up now though!

I then treated all the drivers side with dynax S50, probably overkill but it'll neutralise any rust that may come through in the future and also act as a barrier against moisture.
20200509_120129.jpg

As I now had a new toy, i decided to replace all the rivnuts underneath for the undertrays as the oem ones had long gone and i'd always relied on just 2 old bolts.
20200509_163158.jpg

No photos but I have also removed the coilover covers, cleaned them and re-coated the coilovers in ACF50. They're still in mint condition and i'd like to keep it that way!
Another thing I did was remove the carbon splitter and the fog light surrounds as I will be re-lacquering the splitter and painting the surrounds in satin black after @YorkshireKyle complained.

After my trip to anglesey and going down some roads that even tractors would struggle on the undertray has taken a beating. Believe this is where I lost my undertray cap! If anyone has a spare they would sell me that would be fantastic, otherwise i'll look at 3D printing one!