ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG Clio 182

So first things things, i am a new member, hello! 19 from Newbury. While generally being on these threads quite a bit i thought it was time to become a member.

As the title suggests, i am the new owner of a BG Clio 182, 45k on the clock, which is pretty good for the age of the car.
Previous car was a 1.0l corsa :eek: so was a little worried about insurance, but paid a little over a grand, so was pleasantly surprised.
Car came with a ktec exhaust, and everything else standard.
I'm not sure if it has the cup packs, but i know it sits quite low but I'm not sure if theres aftermarket springs on there. so yeah any suggestions welcome.

Some modifications I've done:
-Wind deflectors
-debadged left side
-citroen xsara washer jets... i love them!
-3/4 plates

Things in the post
-RS200 badge to swap with original clio
-some auto finesse revive trim stuff

So when i went to pick her up:
IMG_20140303_080943_zpsa2pdeqsg.jpg
[/URL]

Modifications and if you can help me where to get stuff done/ find products, by all means!
-Carbon fibre splitter
-New rain sensor
-sprayed dash trims/diamonds (the usual stuff) rear bumper insert etc etc
-carbon exhaust trims, fog light cover.
-RS Tuner- 98 ron
-Matched inlets later on.
-headunit
-powerflex dogbone
-top mounts ( which one do you recommend?)
-set of trophy wheels and some recaros :p

my 1182, and my mates 197
IMG_20140309_182516_zpsocbqv8ye.jpg
[/URL]

--Bad bits, if anyone can help me please please contact me! but yeah need the cat to centre section join welded (sleeved) or a 2 bolt flange put on there!
its doing the standard whistle/whine above 4k revs under hard acceleration :( some thing like this?

Screenshot_2014-03-09-23-18-05_zpselhfaawp.png

IMG_20140306_125039_zpsifwhvu6n.jpg
[/URL]

keeping her shiny

IMG_20140316_180830_zps6u6wqrqi.jpg
[/URL]

Oh and also my car got reversed into at work, only had it a week at that time, so thats going insurance at the moment!! :dapprove:
IMAG0881_zpspvvvt8l6.jpg
[/URL]

so yeah will update this after work as this is pretty rushed, but hey!
cheers!
will update more after works, any feedback is welcomed!

Carbon fibre splitter - K-Tec
-New rain sensor - Reanualt Wolverhampton
-sprayed dash trims/diamonds (the usual stuff) rear bumper insert etc etc - Spray Shack
-carbon exhaust trims, fog light cover. - K-Tec
-RS Tuner- 98 ron - For sale section on here.
-Matched inlets later on. - For sale section
-headunit - ...Halfords?
-powerflex dogbone - Ebay
-top mounts ( which one do you recommend?) N/A
-set of trophy wheels and some recaros :p - Turini's are also on forsale section quite often.

Also look into group buys for value for money.

There's a group buy atm with skoda splitters.

cheers buddy, yeah thanks for the feedback, also might buy new on the rs tuner, saves the hassle of getting it unlocked etc

Been a long time since posting, and have been meaning too for a while.
Since then i have done a few bits and bobs, had a look underneath car, turned out i have ktec coilovers, if anyone can point me in the direction of some spanners to adjust, as my tyres are scrubbing arch lining when going around corners.

Also I have got my car booked in to be repaired so wing mirror done, and dents taken out - very excite!

and at the end of the month going up to powerflow exhausts to get the "cat mod" done.

Last but not least, my steering wheel is getting retrimmed in grey alcantara, with white stitching and white 12 o clock band, something like this.
%20-%20thumb%20grips%20built%20up%20grey%20alcantara%209052%20grey%20415%20stitching_zpsjmywprgt.jpg
[/URL]

So little update of modifications done:
-RS tuner should be arriving tomorrow.
-Pipercross panel filter
-Headunit (pics to follow, not sure if ill keep)
-Restored headlights
-Sprayed dash trims and gear knob anthracite
-sprayed upper grille satin black
-small aerial
-citroen xsara washer jet (amazing mod)
-number plate lights
-3/4 plates
-alloy footrest
-new style rs badge

Future mods:
-PMS top mounts, and strut brace or ktec
-carbon splitter
-looking for speedline turinis
-Whiteline arb
-suspension refresh
-carbon exhaust trims and bumper insert.
-spraying front and black diamonds anthracite.

Few pictures
Really happy with how it turned out, looks a lot better!
PhotoGrid_1396798533055_zpsllgxres9.gif
[/URL]

After a clean
IMAG0929_zps0chl84u_edit_1396950139103_zpswtxgct1h.jpg
[/URL]

The headunit, it sticks out quite bait, so might get another one
IMAG0944_zps1hiw5pxs.jpg
[/URL]

Dash trims
IMAG0937_zps0vm1wrip.jpg
[/URL]

IMAG0932_zpsumnhz2ro.jpg
[/URL]

IMAG0935_zpsnfj3nzij.jpg
[/URL]

IMAG0934_zpspplydtyh.jpg
[/URL]

IMAG0932_zps5fsy1gnc.jpg
[/URL]

standard beading picture
IMAG0922_zps8iwrbdkw.gif
[/URL]
3/4 plates
IMAG0891_zpsritzgmjc.jpg
[/URL]

Little update, the clio has gone into the body shop to have the wingmirror and dent done! So by tomorrow clio will feel like a car again (feels broken at the moment :p)
Steering wheel retrim is underway now, so should be done in 2 weeks. Also car is booked in by prospeed Cardiff for the cat mod.

Still waiting for my rs tuner, it was tracked at being refused by addressee which doesn't happen as it was sent to my work, when I checked tracking the only address information on there was postcode... And the full address had clearly been given! Although it may not be fastchips fault, their customer service regarding the issue has been undesirable to put it politely... It has been over 3 weeks since I purchased, and there attitude was verging on "sort it out yourself". So bit of a nightmare there.

Also was looking for feedback on the head unit and any recommendations?

Cheers.

So updates on the car:
-got the drivers side door panel fixed
-steering wheel retrimed
-and cat mod done and new exhaust mounts

all new and shiny
IMAG1044_zpsexo7wvfb.jpg

and the steering wheel
IMAG1078_zpsfbyb61eu.jpg

and just a some random photo
IMAG1032_zpsjjiqtqop.jpg

IMAG1016_zps4mvk5g68.jpg

IMAG1007_zpswgjh1k4s.jpg

IMAG0978_zpsri13dhab.jpg

IMAG0975_zpsadeb851u.jpg

so yeah thats what happening at the moment.
The was an issue with delivery of the rs tuner so got refunded and that got send back… so waiting till next month to get the car remapped.

So i was wondering about getting it done by ktec along with strut brace and top mounts… Ive seen reviews on ktec remaps, some good, most bad... and just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with them?
cheers!

Updates
-Removed headlight washer jets
-replaced cracked fogs
-and accidentally pushed the sidelight into the unit itself… :p oops.
-fitted a towing eye at t'front, it is french...
-powerflex dogbone bushes delivered

next updates will be
-fit new white fog light bulbs
-fit dogbone bushes

20140505_161031_zpsucl0hjfl.jpg

20140505_122254_zpsrfrjengq.jpg

oops
20140505_121609_zpsinq5tuy6.jpg

Halfords 13mm grommets
20140505_161101_zpsgoi37j5h.jpg

20140505_112014_zpsn9bf1ra0.jpg

20140507_110149_zpsajvz1gz7.jpg

Oh and not sure how i forgot this, but bought some black speedline turinis!! probably a refurb is on the cards too.

Looks good so far, wish mine was progressing more. Steering wheel is getting done right now, white for me too but with leather. Cant wait to get it, hate having a steering wheel cover on.

Looks good so far, wish mine was progressing more. Steering wheel is getting done right now, white for me too but with leather. Cant wait to get it, hate having a steering wheel cover on.

Cheers, yeah mines getting there, just trying to save some monies as well as wanting more and more for the car haha! Wheret you getting yours done?!

So the turinis are on, they are currently in black, but probably a refurb is on the cards in anthracite.
Haven't got a close up, but here we go.

IMG_20140514_134100_zpsinq8fi9z.jpg

But anyway these need new tyres ASAP, so tyres are going to be the next update. Any recommendations on tyres will be appreciated?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
That looks great on the turini's, sits really nice.

In regards to tyres have a quick flick through the last few pages of http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?102955-***Tyre-Poll***/page37 (last few pages should be more up to date)

Personally I run hankook v12 evo's, I like them and tbh they aren't a bad price at all, however I suppose it is down to personal preference. what tyres are on them at the minute?

Also did you manage to get anywhere on the whining noise? mine has started whining further up the revs and I'm not too sure where to start looking.

In regards to tyres have a quick flick through the last few pages of http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?102955-***Tyre-Poll***/page37 (last few pages should be more up to date)

Personally I run hankook v12 evo's, I like them and tbh they aren't a bad price at all, however I suppose it is down to personal preference. what tyres are on them at the minute?

Also did you manage to get anywhere on the whining noise? mine has started whining further up the revs and I'm not too sure where to start looking.

Ahh yeah cheers, rears are going 20 mm lower and will be perfect!

cheers yeah that's what my mate runs on his 197, and his car handles a lot better than mine but it could be the 197 in general!

And old wheels for 2 months were pilot sport 3's, and on new wheels got toyo proxes, with minimal tread, can definitely notice the difference, PS3's are a little bit better, but might just depend on tread depth...

And the whistling noise was from the olive joint, from cat to centre section, the join was bad and was blowing, got it sleeved over and welded by powerflow exhaust Cardiff-job done!!

Titanium Clio 182
Hey mate. Nice BG example. How on earth did u get the insurance so cheap as u so young 1k ! Far play though mines still a far bit but that seems good for your age and any ncb?

Hey mate. Nice BG example. How on earth did u get the insurance so cheap as u so young 1k ! Far play though mines still a far bit but that seems good for your age and any ncb?

Thanks! Haha I know!! Yeah not sure how, but hey, can't complain! ;)

Also where do you get you has kooks from?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Also where do you get you has kooks from?

I think I got them from camskill buddy, Check the prices on their site and there are also a few companies that advertise on ebay using their tyre size section, there's a few good prices floating around on there.

I think I got them from camskill buddy, Check the prices on their site and there are also a few companies that advertise on ebay using their tyre size section, there's a few good prices floating around on there.

Cheers, im currently having no luck finding the evo v12's in 195/45/16,

RB 182 195bhp
Nice looking car and some decent progress!
As far as tires go, I've been running Toyo T1R's for the last year and found them to be ok, pretty cheap too but as they are my first set of 'decent' tires I haven't got much to compare too. I'm going to try some Pirelli P Zero Nero's next as I've heard nothing but good things about them. As most have said Camskill are pretty much the cheapest place to get them, decent selection of premium rubber too.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I ran hankook v12 evo's on my BG and was fine for the money. I've currently got Michelin pe2's in my ph1 and there ok but are more expensive. If have a search mate as its down to personal taste aswell as budget. The next set I buy will probably be Yokohama parada spec 2's.

Nice looking car and some decent progress!
As far as tires go, I've been running Toyo T1R's for the last year and found them to be ok, pretty cheap too but as they are my first set of 'decent' tires I haven't got much to compare too. I'm going to try some Pirelli P Zero Nero's next as I've heard nothing but good things about them. As most have said Camskill are pretty much the cheapest place to get them, decent selection of premium rubber too.

I ran hankook v12 evo's on my BG and was fine for the money. I've currently got Michelin pe2's in my ph1 and there ok but are more expensive. If have a search mate as its down to personal taste aswell as budget. The next set I buy will probably be Yokohama parada spec 2's.

thanks for the info, yeah think I'm going to go for the v12 evo's next! although can't find them on cam skill or really anywhere?!

E46 M3, Clio 182
Coming along really nicely! I run Conti's on mine, although they are quite noisy, they handle really well in both the wet and dry!

Coming along really nicely! I run Conti's on mine, although they are quite noisy, they handle really well in both the wet and dry!

Pilot Sport 3, P Zeros or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's is where I would put my money.

V12's are pretty good for a 'high mid range' tyre.

Cheers lad, yeeah heard good things about the contis! sport contact 2 or 3! And obviously tyres are personal preference but yeah I've only owned the car on 1 set of Michelin's ps, and worn down toyos!

so little updates:
-Stripped out rear seats
20140603_160336_zpsnkb0ypgq.jpg

-Painted front and rear diamonds
20140603_160107_zpspw5euebm.jpg

20140603_160005_zpsalfhgyep.jpg

- and just gave her a good clean
20140601_153637_zpscrl1hswq.jpg

20140601_153657_zpsoyvla5dq.jpg

20140601_125106_zpsxei8apw5.jpg

Also about 2 weeks ago i swapped my standard dogbone mount bushes to powerflex ones - Its amazing how much of a better change it is.
But I'm also contemplating a short shifter kit!

A ktec induction kit is on order to, sadly it wont arrive before French Car Show.

And a mate picked up his ctr last week - looking clean...
20140525_110227_zps3jie0sbu.jpg

Next mods:
-probably a remap either from ktec or a RS tuner map.
-Ktec or pure motorsport strut brace and top mounts.
as you can see i am 100% on which ones to go do.
-and bought a set of pirelli p zero nero gt tyres to wrap round the turinis.

cheers for looking!

So got the car remapped Friday from ktec, based on mixed reviews I decided I would go for it. Car made 188.1bhp (I know its a ktec rolling road)

Otherwise I'm happy with how the car feels now, there's still the 5k kick, but pulls a little bit better lower down, also there's some cheeky pops on fast changes.

Anyone that can extract information from the results, holla at me!

e8ytytaj.jpg

And also made a camera mount for track days etc, works very well! :D

abuhu7e6.jpg

And just some clio loving pictures.

getuju7a.jpg

udutyhu7.jpg

6ugy2a3e.jpg

Andd the head unit is back to standard, with connects 2 aux cable
vuququ8a.jpg

yqujyzyg.jpg