ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG Clio 182

udunavan.jpg

BG 182 FF
Hey mate just wondering who you have your insurance with? i'm 19 also with a bg 182 as well haha and 41k on the clock ;) i paid £944 with diamond although that's being standard i want a stainless exhaust but price bumps up another £120 :( so if i can get it cheaper may move cheers

Pic of mine dbe948ea16.jpg

Hey mate just wondering who you have your insurance with? i'm 19 also with a bg 182 as well haha and 41k on the clock ;) i paid £944 with diamond although that's being standard i want a stainless exhaust but price bumps up another £120 :( so if i can get it cheaper may move cheers

Pic of mine View attachment 112713

Sorry bud only just got round to viewing this thread again: but basically i am with admiral, my mum is also on the policy, dropped it down quite a bit!

Recent updates include:
-clio 172 dampers with the ktec coilovers springs on (were ont car orginally)
-carbon wing mirrors
-french flag decals ont grill
-PURE motorsport top mounts and strut brace have arrived, just waiting on getting them fitted.
- and a fabia splitter is being fitted Monday.

The top mounts and strut brace
u6apesus.jpg

Dampers new/old
ezu8uzeg.jpg

Carbon wing mirrors - was quite resistant in getting these, but I think they look pretty good!
y9atemub.jpg

Front end currently, fabia splitter is going on Monday.
qy7yvedy.jpg

Another little round up, all comments welcome. Ta

So in terms of updates been made, fabia splitter has been fitted

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/14/fac5cc33c67fdcbbc778c274c2941212.jpg

Along with pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace - this has made a lot of difference fo sho!

[ATTACH=full]1168102[/ATTACH]

And some Brembo HC discs, brembo pads and brake fluid, which I should fit at some point as I don't even have discs and calipers on at the moment hah.
But yea thanks to [USER=7127]G 172[/USER] for those! Very good price and quick delivery - what more could you want (maybe some sweets in the parcel)

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/14/c4f7650700f591c91c6e1a0e176f974c.jpg

And some not good news, car couldn't get 2nd gear for some reason, so stripped the gearbox out yesterday, and what a fucker of a job that was... and the gearbox has just been sent to agency transmission to get it rebuilt hoepfully.

But yeah what I'm not looking forward to do is putting the gearbox back in!
Any tips/advice on this would be great.

Attachments

• c6aa6b4a28e2e69ffaf0a661c0d32f3c.jpg
    c6aa6b4a28e2e69ffaf0a661c0d32f3c.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 38
ohhhh and forgot to mention big update shortly interms of interior! keep posted!

… as I'm sure you guys are dying to know! ;)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
whats going on in this pic? how did you get it to tripod ha:D

dfb19dc5b3f3a88511109c882f89266f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's an 'optical' illusion...

Sorry couldn't resist, haha, and I'm turning down a slight embankment, and the chassis keeps everything nice and level! ;)

f56e85583c2630ab0875fcbf2bba7872.jpg

Here they are, they look dirty but it's just the angle and the material on the top of the burgendy/red, can't wait to get them in!

Right so been a long time since update, and the clio has certainly lived up to the french rep -but positive bits to start:

- so got the recaros fitted
a22392abafcd5c4d31e284049dddb6fd.jpg

amazing how much a seat makes you want to drive that little bit faster... [emoji15]

so moving quickly onto the bad bits - long story but here we go.

So after my gearbox crunching every fast change into 2nd, to finally gave up - couldn't get 2nd anymore.

So after about 8 hours of bolts rounding, and laying on me back underneath car gearbox was out.

So sent the gearbox to agency who refurbed 1st/2nd syncro etc, all good.
Refitted gearbox along with new clutch, although had slight complications with starter motor (new one needed).
So this was all well for about a week.

(Had a lot of help from a mate, and from Budgie and many others -so cheers for that)

Got int car after work, and couldn't get any gear, and gearbox was jammed in 1st - this turned out to be the 4th and 5th gear selector shaft had dropped down.
So rang agency etc etc - I pushed the selector back to where it should be had a play all seemed well.

Gearbox is back in - happy days.

so if you're still reading and haven't lost you up there ^^ about 5 miles down the road at mates house, same thing had happened, gear selector had dropped down again [emoji26] (emotions where high)

So and this is where we're currently gearbox is back up to agency getting a big overhaul. So hopefully this is the last time ill see the gearbox out of the car - touch wood.

53625f76338bae2fc64f716ca941b5c6.jpg

5c7c4479517ce47d406deeb4ed7182a6.jpg

Cheers for reading boysss