ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big gay wings DIY

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Who else on the forum has V6/Trophy spoilers? I'm looking at having a go at a DIY one as I'm fairly handy with fibreglass and we have endless supply of grey modelling foam in the workshops at uni. Looking at making something a bit larger than the usual v6 spoiler, maybe similar to that of a backyardspecial for civics. May not be to everyones taste, but just a fun project really to see how it'll turn out! Will mock up some drawings tomorrow, will probably mount the brake light low down rather than at the peak of the wing.

Some inspiration.
DSC03136_zps439fc6fd.jpg
AimysV6sidePS.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-11 at 14.27.48.jpeg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking to do something a bit different really! If it all goes pair shaped i'll buy one of the v6 3000 ones on ebay for £80 but as it stands this will be costing me nothing and is also a bit of fun.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I'm looking to do something a bit different really! If it all goes pair shaped i'll buy one of the v6 3000 ones on ebay for £80 but as it stands this will be costing me nothing and is also a bit of fun.

Where are these £80 ones matey?

I am after another spoiler as per the photo of Russos vee.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
And yes I would be very interested if you could make a v6 trophy spoiler as per photo number 1 (Russos car).

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I need this one back on my vee, lol.
If you want to go halves on it, you make the mould you need and then return the original to me unharmed.
image.png

@Louis'

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just going to see how far I can get with my own. Will have slightly different styling but be basically the same! I'll let you know if plans change and just go the route of moulding the spoiler though.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes let me know pal. I'm not in a rush as the vee won't be driven now until next summer, lol.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Everyone has opinions ;) you may be right and ill put my hands up. But that's only when it's done :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looking for ideas people may have to be honest! Maybe a different rear boot light from standard?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Naa, won't be bigger than those v6 spoilers, just maybe a slightly different styling to them so less square looking. Id meant larger than the trophy/stock v6 ones. The civic BYS are pretty cool but a lot more vertical

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Quick photocrop, V6 spoiler made to be a little more vertical. Looks to be more the way i'm heading. Unsure on brake light situation at the minute.
v6.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ahaha, Maybe not then. Probably just do it similar to joe meekings car, but do something a little different with the brake light.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
At the end of the day, it's my car and other people have their opinions. I'm not going to go extreme with it, just want something a little bit unique.
It's a fun project, with my original spoiler to always just fit back on. Gets boring reading about people fitting turinis all the time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can't be serious with that picture mate lol

Be the cheapest product ever to ruin a Clio 172/182 and cars within a 2 mile radius tbh.

But yeah in for the finished product. Not that please :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
At the end of the day, it's my car and other people have their opinions. I'm not going to go extreme with it, just want something a little bit unique.
It's a fun project, with my original spoiler to always just fit back on. Gets boring reading about people fitting turinis all the time.

Spotted a few threads on cooksports recently, spice things up? Step away from the wheel section. Unless your after inspiration on what colour turinis go with what colour car :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
If we were all the same the forum would be a big herd of sheep.

If I had listened to everyone's views about the stuff on my car it would be pretty f**king Boring. A perfect example is my bumper ties /catches. Everyone said it would look gay but then soon changed their minds when it was on.

I think the photoshop was to show the angle change, it won't be as huage as that.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
As I said, I photoshopped that in literally 5 minutes. I didn't even change the size from the v6, I just rotated it around a tiny bit more. I'm not going to 'ruin' my car as if it looks f**king shite once finished, it just won't be fitted. I think you all have it in your minds im going to put an ironing board on the back which isn't the case. It'll be slightly larger than the trophy spoiler, less square than those v6 style spoilers with a different touch on the brake light.
I shouldn't have photoshopped anything as that's way too real, and gets the wrong idea into people's minds as they see something they don't like and stick with the opinion.
I'll do some sketching instead.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
If you can make that active and use it as an airbrake then I'm all over it! :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Don't forget that unless you cut into the fabricated spoiler to allow for your aerial, the standard 182 boot struts will push the spoiler into it. To 'properly' do it - you'll need a pair of Trophy/V6 boot struts.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Don't forget that unless you cut into the fabricated spoiler to allow for your aerial, the standard 182 boot struts will push the spoiler into it. To 'properly' do it - you'll need a pair of Trophy/V6 boot struts.
Will be done to hopefully avoid that, don't mind using BMW struts if I must.