ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big gay wings DIY

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Having looked at the car again today whilst claying I know a big f**k off wing really isn't the way to go, but i do want it to be a little bigger than the trophy for definite! Maybe incorporate the cup spoiler brake light into it.
I also would probably have to use different boot struts regardless as even a cup spoiler scrapes the aerial with it being a satnav model

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Having looked at the car again today whilst claying I know a big f**k off wing really isn't the way to go, but i do want it to be a little bigger than the trophy for definite! Maybe incorporate the cup spoiler brake light into it.
I also would probably have to use different boot struts regardless as even a cup spoiler scrapes the aerial with it being a satnav model

I'll do a photoshop tonight of what I think will be a good idea, bigger but subtle.

I say go for it. Worst case is you don't use it and put your old one back on

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@Louis' I was thinking something like this

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Couldn't think of where to put the brake light
image.jpeg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hmm, not really a fan of the curving on the top and such square sides. I like the idea of the brakelight being underneath though. You're decent at photoshop though!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
That shop looking a bit too "horny" for me. But subtle changes rather than at the same angle as the aeriel is the way to go!

I think it's the left hand side where it's smoothed in that ruins it a bit, maybe if it followed the line of the centre of the spoiler and then had the end "fin" part similar to a 197 Cup Spoiler? Kinda like how the right hand side looks but with a smaller fin?

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hmm, not really a fan of the curving on the top and such square sides. I like the idea of the brakelight being underneath though. You're decent at photoshop though!

Looking at that, I think I've thought 'fn2 type r' while shopping it. Lol cheers :)

But I was getting at smoother and sweeping, *badly* following the line of the roof to hang the spoiler off the back of the car. That failed lol

That shop looking a bit too "horny" for me. But subtle changes rather than at the same angle as the aeriel is the way to go!

I think it's the left hand side where it's smoothed in that ruins it a bit, maybe if it followed the line of the centre of the spoiler and then had the end "fin" part similar to a 197 Cup Spoiler? Kinda like how the right hand side looks but with a smaller fin?

Yeah the left hand side is s**t, I couldn't get it looking right and couldn't be arsed to spend time on it

... I lied, I was thinking ep3 Mugen spoiler lol

$_86.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Do like that to be fair! Cup spoiler combined with trophy? Naa?
spoiler.jpg

I'm just playing around really! Looks relatively OEM.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is really on the back burner now so have plenty of time to think about it and play around. Probably best just to do it and see what looks best. Probably end up similar just to that of the trophy.

Attachments

• spoiler2.jpg
    spoiler2.jpg
    937 KB · Views: 102
  • spoiler 3.jpg
    spoiler 3.jpg
    925.6 KB · Views: 106

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Saw this on csoc. Looks f**king horrendous. I'm probably just going to go down the trophy or cup spoiler route. Don't have as much spare time as I hoped at the minute.
FB_IMG_1477914944271.jpg
FB_IMG_1477914937104.jpg

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
I purchased the last V6 Spoiler from the gentlemen on eBay as the silicone mould tool had come to the end of its life and he was not producing any more for the foreseeable future (He said).

14937921_10154273816333853_1404431393_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1914715_10153658161773853_8486788419854337471_n.jpg
    1914715_10153658161773853_8486788419854337471_n.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited: