ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
The youngest is a budding mechanic and really enjoyed the cars and racing,pity we couldn't have stayed until the end.

clio cup
A great result for James this weekend, and yes, for a driver who I have followed all year and even through Tintops its a great shame that you may not be racing next year.

Been there myself 7 years ago when I got married and bought a house, something had to give and the race car that I had just finished building had to go and my racing was put on hold,,,

See you back out in 7 years fella!

They nicked all my biscuits ;)
At least it wasn't me for once ;)
The youngest is a budding mechanic and really enjoyed the cars and racing,pity we couldn't have stayed until the end.
Yes he seemed really into it which was good to see! Yes it made for a good race :)
A great result for James this weekend, and yes, for a driver who I have followed all year and even through Tintops its a great shame that you may not be racing next year.

Been there myself 7 years ago when I got married and bought a house, something had to give and the race car that I had just finished building had to go and my racing was put on hold,,,

See you back out in 7 years fella!
Thanks Dave! Haha I hope its sooner than that but we'll see :)

Yeah an extra few kg for a cheap fan heater in the dash would be a good idea - can always then flick a switch to power it up if needed.

I can't believe you kept it on the track with that lack of visibility!

what do you think has caused the heated screen to fail?
I knew it had failed last year as when it was originally fitted by TDF it wasn't sealed around the edge which it is supposed to be, this allows moisture into the element and knackers it :( It's been on my list to sort but by the time I get one delivered and then fitted its best part of £400. I used rain ex anti mist but that didn't do much and then wired some heaters up for the last race :)

Will sort a new screen out though asap!
Yeah an extra few kg for a cheap fan heater in the dash would be a good idea - can always then flick a switch to power it up if needed.

I can't believe you kept it on the track with that lack of visibility!
Yes Fred and I fitted 2 before the final race (also wet) I wired them to my heated screen switch so could flick on and off :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I knew it had failed last year as when it was originally fitted by TDF it wasn't sealed around the edge which it is supposed to be, this allows moisture into the element and knackers it :( It's been on my list to sort but by the time I get one delivered and then fitted its best part of £400. I used rain ex anti mist but that didn't do much and then wired some heaters up for the last race :)

Will sort a new screen out though asap!

ah ok, i have heard about them failing through not being fitted correctly but thought this may have happened as a result of something else....
as you say though, expensive fitting them compared to a normal screen

Clio 172
That Orange and black swift driver was an absolute nutter, you never mentioned he nearly took you out on the Dunlop (now exhibition) straight. Top driving though James and some very McNish style overtakes through traffic.

Megane r26
That Orange and black swift driver was an absolute nutter, you never mentioned he nearly took you out on the Dunlop (now exhibition) straight. Top driving though James and some very McNish style overtakes through traffic.

I thought the orange and black swift driver made some very questionable moves throughout the day on many other drivers :s

Thanks guys :) yes the car was going really well so happy still! That was only the R888's too the dunlops have much higher corner speeds from previous experience and data.

Yes it was a bit close with that black swift it was a bit of a worry but that's the joys of traffic :( it's normally good fun trying to pick the fastest and safest way through the traffic.

Last edited: